How To Block YouTube Ads With A Simple URL Trick
YouTube ads are everywhere, from the videos feed to trending pages and don’t forget the tens of ads you can encounter when watching a video.
Highlights of the Story
- A redditor revealed a simple trick to easily block YouTube ads.
- You just need to put an extra period (.) after the .com part of the URL.
- It would also block cookies and paywalls.
YouTube Ads are annoying. Of course, there are ways to let go ads such as subscribing to YouTube Premium or using tips and tricks to eliminate ads. Apparently, there’s a new way to do it. Turns out Redditor /r/webdev found out an incredibly easy way to circumvent the ads not by adding software or extensions or by memorizing any string of code.
Turns out adding a ‘period’ at the end of the domain name in the URL bar does the magic. For example, if a video arrives with an URL “www.youtube.com/watch”, simply adding a ‘period’ after the domain name such as “www.youtube.com./watch” does the magic.
According to a supporting report explaining how to block YouTube ads and how this trick works, it works simply by breaking a landing page in a way that videos do load but end up failing to load quite a lot of aspects such as advertisements in this case. This also circumvents the ads that run when you tap on any video to watch or while binge-watching any video. Note that this doesn’t work on YouTube apps since you’ll need to tweak the URL to get it working, however, it does work flawlessly on desktop and on mobile browsers with the desktop mode enabled.
If you are still clueless on how it actually works, here, adding a period overthrows the ability to match the hostname. This, in turn, breaks the page as to only loading the content it offers and not the ads and a few other parts of the website. It also blocks cookies and paywalls that news sites and other websites might institute to pay for reading a blog or article.
Also Read: DIY: How To Make A Phone Speaker at Home?
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…