HTC Exodus 1 is a block-chain phone released targeting cryptocurrency users. Priced at Rs. 70,750, the HTC Exodus 1 comes with a unique design without deviating from its target – providing a secure all-round block-chain experience to its user.
Performance and display-wise, the HTC Exodus is quite capable. However, it does not score high points in cameras. Since it does not arrive as a photography-flagship phone, cameras are not its prime concern. If you are a block-chain user, this phone has everything to keep you delighted.
HTC Exodus 1 is a different phone – not only based on its unique function but its design too. It has a few pros and cons:
- The transparent back design showing the interiors of the phone is a real innovation from the makes of HTC Exodus.
- The display of the phone is reasonably bright.
- The HTC Exodus arrives with a decent processor to perform your daily tasks.
- The phone comes with a lot of secure cryptocurrency apps to give you a proper block-chain experience.
- The HTC Exodus 1 has fake drawings on its rear panel depicting its interiors which make it childish and deceiving.
- The display has massive bezels.
- The cameras on this phone are poor.
The HTC Exodus is a mixed phone. However, it does offer the exact thing that it comes as – a secure block-chain experience. While you can get block-chain experience in other phones as well, but for a hardcore cryptocurrency investor and user, HTC Exodus 1 can be a great purchase.
Solely focused on cryptocurrency security and management, HTC Exodus 1 is a block-chain users dream.
HTC Exodus arrives with a 6-inch screen, but the problem is, it comes with huge bezels on top and the bottom. It makes it look a bit dated. However, the colors of the display are not that bad. It is quite colorful and sharp. It may not give you an immersive display due to the limited screen size and the chunky bezels, but overall, you get a beautiful display to work with.
When it comes to design, the HTC Exodus 1 is a hit and a miss. One of the fantastic features that this phone comes in with is the transparent back. You can see the internals of this phone, which is quite brilliant. However, not all of them are real. Some are just drawings making it look childish. But aesthetic wise, the phone is quite excellent. It has some unique features like the haptic keys on the sides, and there is also Edge Sense, which can start the camera once you squeeze the phone. However, there were other shortcomings. The phone was slippery, making the fingerprint scanner a risky reach. Face Unlock was not accurate. The phone also does not come with a headphone jack. On the positive end, you get IP68 dust and water resistant.
The HTC Exodus comes with a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset. It is paired with 6GB RAM which quite good for multitasking. The result is that you get excellent performance from this phone. However, the HTC Exodus is a blockchain-friendly phone, and so, you get ‘Secure Enclave’ which helps with crypto keys and built-in cryptocurrency wallets. There is also Zion wallet which supports Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin and other such coins, about 60+. Zion also has a ‘social key recovery’ feature, which uses cryptography to secure your crypto private keys from friends.The company also announced a partnership with Opera as it will boost their security features. Plus, there will be a store for decentralized apps which puts you ahead in the crypto game.
The HTC Exodus arrives with a 16 MP primary camera and a supporting 12 MP rear camera. The camera is slow, and the quality is mixed. In challenging light situations, the camera performance drops a lot and produces grainy images. In the case of bokeh, camera performance is quite poor. On the front, the phone arrives with an 8MP selfie camera which is supported by another 8MP selfie camera. It produces decent social-media worthy shots.
HTC Exodus comes with a capable 3,500mAh battery. It is not a large battery, and it can be seen quite often in mid-range phones. However, it does its purpose well. It can keep the phone chugging for an entire day, which is as promised from such a battery. Plus, even while using it as a Wi-Fi hotspot for a laptop, the battery did not lose its charge immensely.
The HTC Exodus 1 is quite mighty, but it may not stand tall as a regular premium phone. The thing is, it is not an ordinary phone – it is a block-chain phone, and it arrives with all the necessary hardware to secure your cryptocurrency. The Secure Enclave present in HTC Exodus is excellent for your security purposes. However, if you are still seeking a power-packer, this is not the phone to go for. Otherwise, Exodus 1 is quite a capable phone for your block-chain transactions.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.34 inches
- Height6.17 inches
- Weight188 g
- Width2.91 inches
- Display TypeSuper LCD6 capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.0 inches
- Pixel Density537 ppi
- Display Resolution1440 x 2880 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18:09
- Screen to Body Ratio0.803
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 630
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo)
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55, 1.4 micron16 MP (12 MP effective), f/2.6, 1.0 micron, 2x optical zoom
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Autofocusdual pixel PDAF laser AF, AF
- Back Camera Video2160p60fps, 1080p60/240fps, 1080p30fps (gyro-EIS), HDR, 24-bit/96kHz stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR, panorama
- Dual Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4, 1.12 micron8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4, 1.12 micron
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/384kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3500 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W: 50% in 35 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, October
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, December
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare