- SIM Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
Huawei P40 Lite
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Know More
- Samsung Galaxy S10e₹46,299VSOnePlus 6T₹30,990Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹9,990VSOPPO K1₹13,990Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹13,999VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone XR₹52,500VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹47,900VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹52,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹52,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹42,990Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹117,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,833Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
Excellent performance, battery life, and brilliant camera setup on-board, Huawei P40 Lite manages to impress without paying double the price on a flagship phone with higher mid-range specs, iPhone 11-like camera setup & more.
- Powerful mid-range processor
- Excellent battery life
- Powerful camera setup
- No Google Play Services
- No OLED panel
- NFC is region dependent
- No 4K video recording & video stabilization
Huawei P40 Lite is a part of Huawei P40 series where every phone has excellent hardware specifications & camera although the ‘Lite’ means some capabilities have been watered down. Launched in February this year, Huawei P40 Lite sports a giant 6.4” IPS LCD panel with Kirin 810 7nm 4G chipset under the hood and a giant 4,200 mAh battery. The phone does impress the masses with its class-leading performance and that’s all at an expected price tag of Rs 23,390/- unlike its flagship siblings that are priced much higher.
Huawei P40 Lite Price in India
Huawei P40 Lite is the budget partner in the Huawei P40 series with a little drained down specs. Huawei P40 Lite is available in the global market, especially in South Africa at a price of ZAR 6,499.
There is no hint on the launch of Huawei P40 Lite in the Indian market, but if it releases, Huawei P40 Lite price in India is expected to start from Rs.23,990.
When it comes to design, Huawei P40 Lite takes a few cues from its flagship siblings Huawei P40 and P40 Pro. The front has a punch-hole cutout to the top-left with heavy bezels on the sides and a considerably tall chin at the bottom. The device has curved edges with a flat display that squeezes the thickness a bit while the camera bump protrudes just a bit above the back panel. The phone arrives with plastic back infused with gradients that make it look reflective like glass.
Huawei P40 Lite is available in Light Pink or Blue, Emerald Green, and Black colour variants.
Huawei P40 Lite sports a 6.4” LTPS IPS LCD panel and calls it a Punch FullView Display with 1080×2310 pixels resolution and 398 PPI density. Huawei smartphones are usually tall and Huawei P40 Lite doesn’t shy away from this tag as well. It has a screen-to-body ratio of 83.5% with a tiny punch-hole instead of a notch that maximizes the screen real estate considerably.
Huawei P40 Lite at this price manages to stay on a positive end with a mid-range HiSilicon Kirin 810 7nm chipset with a max frequency of 2.27 GHz. The device sports a Mali-G52 MP6 GPU along with 6GB RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. Huawei P40 Lite sports a shared slot for nano memory allowing users to expand memory to 256GB.
Huawei P40 Lite runs on the EMUI 10.0.1 (based on Android10.0). Google Play Services is absent on the Huawei P40 Lite and instead, it has the Huawei AppGallery which is Huawei’s official store of apps.
Huawei P-series is popular for its excellent cameras and P40 Lite albeit being an affordable version, packs an excellent camera setup as per its price tag. The phone features a quad-camera setup arranged in square camera setup which looks fancy. It features a primary 48MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 0.8micron pixel size, and PDAF and then, it is flanked with a secondary 8MP ultrawide sensor with 8MP followed by two 2MP depth and dedicated macro sensors. The setup brings about the ability to capture 1080p videos at 30fps.
At the front, we have a 16MP primary selfie shooter housed in a punch-hole to the top-left corner capable of shooting HDR videos at 1080p@30fps.
When talking about battery life on Huawei P40 Lite, it features a huge 4,200 mAh battery that will be capable of providing a battery backup for at least a day even on moderate to heavy usage. Moreover, the phone is backed up with a 40W fast-charging tech that should charge the battery to 70% of its full capacity in around 30 minutes which is quite fast.
Just like any other smartphone, Huawei P40 Lite has its list of pros and cons. It has a compact body with high-octane specifications under the hood and excellent photography chops unlike other phones in this category. On the other hand, the phone doesn’t have Google Play Stores, no splash resistance and there’s no 4K video recording on-board. At the end of the day, it has both the pros and cons to balance out the configuration & its price tag.