Leaks: OnePlus Working On New Smartwatch
OnePlus Watch has received IMDA certification, suggesting that OnePlus’ first-ever smartwatch may be launched soon.
Highlights of the Story
- OnePlus Watch has received IMDA certification.
- There is not much information available on its specs.
- It might be in direct competition to Samsung and Oppo Watch.
OnePlus Watch is in works according to the leaks persistently coming online. One of the latest leak has revealed that the smartwatch has received certification from Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA). In addition, this suggests that the watch can be up for launch in the coming months. As most of the certifications happen when a product is just around the corner for launching.
Since its launch of truly wireless earbuds, this is the second time it is entering in the wearables category. It will be the first-ever product into the smartwatch/fitness category in the form of OnePlus Watch.
Also Read: Redmi 9 launched in India
Meanwhile, there is not much known on the specs or details of the new watch now. If we make an assumption, it could feature an OLED display to save battery (and maybe even always-on display), and a host of fitness and health features that have become a norm nowadays. These may include a heart rate sensor, blood oxygen monitor, and software-based features such as sleep pattern analysis, goals oriented exercise tracking, and more.
To rival against Samsung, Oppo Watches?
Given OnePlus’ history to market their products, it will likely target popular smartwatches in the Android ecosystem.
Samsung’s Tizen based smartwatches, Galaxy Watch 3 and Oppo Watch could be the ones it will rival against. Galaxy Watch offers features like an ECG monitor in a bid to appeal even more to health-focused buyers. So, if OnePlus tries to compete in the premium sector, it will have to push up the price. This will be interesting to watch as OnePlus has recently entered the affordable market with its OnePlus Nord.
However, OnePlus still holds its place in the premium side of the industry with its features. The company’s increasing different gadgets to its portfolio, with a smart TV and earbuds.
With the OnePlus Watch now certified in Singapore, a launch appears to be on the cards soon.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 25000
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…