The LG G8X ThinQ is an impressive smartphone, which serves as an alternative to other foldable devices on the market. The LG G8X ThinQ gives smartphone lovers an option to maximize screen space, without packing too many over-exciting features under its hood. The smartphone comes with a semi-foldable dual-screen, a Snapdragon 855 processor, 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of internal memory storage space, a 4,000mAh battery, and a decent camera system. Priced at 52,990 INR, the LG G8X ThinQ provides excellent value for money
The LG G8X ThinQ is not a premium, flagship smartphone, but it is not far off its market competitors. The smartphone comes with its fair share of pros and cons.
- The LG G8X ThinQ is an affordable dual-screen smartphone
- The smartphone comes with several neat gaming features
- The smartphone’s dual-screen is perfect for watching movies and soaps
- The LG G8X ThinQ comes with a somewhat compromised multi-screen software
- The smartphone’s fingerprint sensor is poor, to say the least
- The smartphone comes with limited multi-screen functionality
Overall, priced at 52,990 INR, while the LG G8X ThinQ is relatively expensive, it provides for a semi-innovative experience and is worth the money. Watching movies and playing games on its dual-screen setup is a pleasure, and the smartphone comes with an excellent chipset, stellar battery life, and an above-average camera system.
While the smartphone does not look all that pleasing to the eye, as it has a robust look, it is worth the investment. This smartphone is perfect for those seeking a foldable smartphone experience.
The LG G8X ThinQ is a fascinating dual-screen smartphone, which is powered by a Snapdragon 855 chipset.
The LG G8X ThinQ comes with a 6.4-inch display, a 2340×1080 resolution, and an aspect ratio of 19:5:9. Surprisingly, its resolution is lesser than that of the LG G8, which in turn may be another compromise, in order to bring down its price. Its FHD screen is sharper and brighter than many other FHD screens on the market, making it great for watching movies and soaps.
The dual-screen display comes with a semi-foldable option, allowing you to pair up both screens (separated by a hinge, of course). You can adjust both screens to have the same brightness, or individually adjust them. This is useful when you are watching a movie or video on one screen while surfing on the other screen. Overall, LG has done an excellent job, yet they could have done better with the smartphone’s dual-screen’s resolution.
The LG G8X ThinQ looks precisely like the LG G8. It consists of a sleek, black rectangular glass screen, sandwiched between glossy metal rims. The smartphone comes with a teardrop notch, a USB-C charging port, a 3.5 mm jack at the bottom, as well as a Google Assistant button on its left side. The outer front of the dual-screen display houses a hidden 2.1-inch mini-screen, which is covered by an all-black cover, underneath the front glass display. The mini-screen is summoned when you click on the lock button.
While the smartphone does not look all that exciting, it is not too bad either. The LG G8X ThinQ’s dual-screen works on a semi-foldable basis. Once you turn on the smartphone, a button appears on the right side, which enables you to turn on the second display. The smartphone’s screen is not seamless, as a robust hinge separates it. All in all, the smartphone provides for a sturdy, foldable smartphone experience, without providing for any eye-catching exclusive goodness.
The LG G8X ThinQ comes with a Snapdragon 855 processor, 6 GB of RAM, and an internal memory space of 128 GB. Considering its dual-screen avatar, its performance is more than apt. You can expand its memory to 2 TB with a microSD card. What’s more, you can efficiently perform the most taxing of activities on the smartphone with ease.
Playing a game on one screen, and surfing the internet on the other does nothing to deter its performance. You can multitask on its dual-screen, making life more comfortable, and working more convenient. The smartphone comes with Android 9 Pie, and the next upgrade to Android 10 will bring to life features like Dark Mode.
The LG G8X ThinQ comes with an above-average camera system. The dual-camera system consists of a 12 MP primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture, and an ultra-wide 13 MP lens, with an f/2.4 aperture. Its field of view stands at 136 degrees, which is a significant upgrade considering most flagship phones have a field of view of only 120 degrees.
The smartphone comes with good daylight photography and a respectable night mode. The smartphone has a 32 MP front camera that performs better in conditions with lots of light. It comes with a software stimulated portrait mode and a beauty mode, which put it in good stead. Overall, the camera system in its totality is above average.
The LG G8X ThinQ is powered by a sufficient 4000maH battery. Considering its draining dual-screen display system, LG could have probably provided for more a more powerful battery. Your battery will last a day when the smartphone is used moderately. The smartphone’s very purpose is not to use it moderately, hence do not forget to turn off the second screen when you are not using it.
The LG G8X ThinQ has a magnetic port at the bottom of the smartphone that snaps on to the USB-C port charger connector with ease. The smartphone comes with a faster charger in its package box.
Priced at 52,990 INR, the LG G8X ThinQ is inexpensive when considering the foldable smartphone market at large. The smartphone comes with an above-average, stocky look, a fantastic display, worthy processing speeds, good battery life, and a sound camera system. LG has cut off possible feature upgrades to the LG G8 ThinQ’s predecessors to ensure that the smartphone’s price is not too steep.
Overall, this smartphone is perfect for those seeking an entry-level foldable smartphone, with decent features, and a feel-good factor.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height6.27 inches
- Weight192 g
- ColorAurora Black
- ColorAurora Black
- BuildFront glass (Gorilla Glass 5), back glass (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- Width2.98 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.4 inches
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Size6.25 inch to 6.5 inch
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio83.30%
- CPUOcta-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- RAM6 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 640
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM modelmicroSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot) - dual-SIM model
- Storage128 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage128GB 6GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (standard), 1/2.6, 1.4 micron13 MP, f/2.4, 9mm (ultrawide), 1.0 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- AutofocusDual pixel PDAF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30/60fps, 720p240fps, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera32 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 0.8 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/192kHz audioDTS: X Surround SoundActive noise cancellation with dedicated micTuned by Meridian Audio
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3800 mAh to 4000 mAh
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 21W (Quick Charge 4.0)USB Power DeliveryWireless charging 9W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2019, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, November
- With each passing day, online streaming providers including Netflix. Prime Videos and Hotstar is getting more popular. These internet content providers make it extremely easy to stream content on portable devices including smartphones. New smartphones such as the OnePlus 7 Pro, iPhone 11 and the Samsung Galaxy S20 now support HDR Displays that can really improve the quality of content delivery for the supported content.
- Best Smartphones with 8GB RAMFri, 27 Mar'20RAM is an important and integral component of a smartphone, it has generally been in our minds that having more RAM makes a smartphone faster, we don’t deny it but it’s not true completely. Having more RAM in a smartphone makes app loading times faster, and enables a smoother overall smartphone experience. And here is the list of the few best smartphones with 8GB RAM in India.
- Best 5G Smartphones That You Can Buy Right Now In India!Thu, 26 Mar'205G rumours and testing has been hovering all around the world, and India has finally got some officially launched 5G Smartphones that are available for sale. Many People do not change their smartphones every now and then, and continue to use it for 4-5years. India will be getting the 5G services in the upcoming few years, and if you are the one who doesn’t change the phone often and want to be ready with a 5G handset before the network becomes live, here are a list of the best few 5G Smartphones available in India right now.
- The COVID19 Crisis has left kids and elders stranded at home all alike, without regular classes going on for children it is important to keep them busy with something productive so that they don’t get bored. This is a great opportunity to get your children familiar with something that they can enjoy without having to keep them under constant supervision.
- The COVID-19 outbreak might have got everyone around here by a surprise but we gotta respect the government's decision to keep things outright. While doing so, which means you have to stay under any circumstances, it gets really boring for not being able to catch up with your friends and whatnot. Well, here are some games for you to try out when quarantined.
- Best Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 7000 In IndiaThu, 26 Mar'20Budget smartphone category is the one that most buyers in India aim for, this range of smartphones is best suited for those who are looking for a smartphone that is good for basic social media, calling and internet browsing. In this article, we list out some of the best smartphones that fall under this under Rs. 7000 price segment.
- Top 5 Android Smartphones with 6GB RAMThu, 26 Mar'20With advancements in technology, smartphones have become extremely common these days. It is something that most people use several times a day to communicate, to play games and sometimes, even to get work done. RAM is an integral component of the smartphone that helps it perform smoothly. Here is a list of top 5 smartphones with 6 GB RAM.
- Best Apps For Android And iOS To Help You Work From HomeThu, 26 Mar'20The Novel Corona Virus or COVID19 has caused major disruption in work schedules for many people, offices are being shut down and people are being asked to work from home all across the world. This massive change in the work climate demands changes in the ways you work, applications like Slack, Zoom, and Trello help you work easily from home collaborating with your team remotely.
- Best Free Android Launchers to Hide ApplicationsThu, 26 Mar'20While each Android Smartphone comes with a default launcher, most people tend to replace the default launcher with one of the amazing 3rd party launchers in the Google Play Store. There are several amazing launchers such as the Microsoft Launcher and Poco launcher that add a lot of functionality and come with the Hide Application feature as well that lets you hide some of your apps from the app drawer.
- Useful Ways to Utilise Your Smartphone CameraTue, 24 Mar'20There are ways to use your smartphone’s camera other than shooting photos and videos. This can include scanning barcodes, taking pictures for proof, etc and we will discuss the best ways in which you can utilize your phone’s camera.
- 7.8spec scoreRealme 6₹12,999Add to compare
- 6.8spec scoreOPPO Reno3 Pro₹29,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme X50 Pro 5G₹37,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S20 Ultra₹92,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Black Shark 3Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO Find X2Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 6 Pro₹16,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro MaxAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro₹12,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S20₹66,999Add to compare