Netflix To Let Users Change Playback Speed On Android
Netflix now allows Android users to change playback speed up to 1.5x. Though, the feature has to be manually turned on for every new title.
Highlights of the Story
- Netflix will let users speed up or slow down playback on Android smartphones.
- The update will come to Android devices first.
A feature long-awaited by the consumers of Netflix is finally available. According to Verge, it first reported on Netflix’s new playback speed controls on Android devices. Netflix is the first major streaming service to provide this new feature after YouTube. Though, YouTube’s playback feature is at a different level than Netflix’s.
Also Read: How To Voice Tweet On Your iPhone!
Netflix will allow anyone on an Android mobile device to stream at either 0.5x or 0.75x speeds for slowed-down viewing and 1.25x or 1.5x speeds for faster watching.
Right now, Netflix is testing the feature on the web browsers and iOS but there is no information on whether this will come to the Smart TV platform or to streaming devices like the Fire TV stick or Mi Box.
Also Read: How To Make Your Smartphone Last Longer!
When binge-watching a show, there are times one wants to speed up or sometimes slow down the content. This feature as Netflix’s new addition can only be turned on manually for every new title.
“We’ve also been mindful of the concerns of some creators,” a spokesperson of Netflix told. “It’s why we have capped the range of playback speeds and require members to vary the speed each time they watch something new — versus fixing their settings based on the last speed they used.”
Also Read: Leaked: Prices Of All iPhone 12 Models
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.