Netflix To Let Users Change Playback Speed On Android
Netflix now allows Android users to change playback speed up to 1.5x. Though, the feature has to be manually turned on for every new title.
Highlights of the Story
- Netflix will let users speed up or slow down playback on Android smartphones.
- The update will come to Android devices first.
A feature long-awaited by the consumers of Netflix is finally available. According to Verge, it first reported on Netflix’s new playback speed controls on Android devices. Netflix is the first major streaming service to provide this new feature after YouTube. Though, YouTube’s playback feature is at a different level than Netflix’s.
Also Read: How To Voice Tweet On Your iPhone!
Netflix will allow anyone on an Android mobile device to stream at either 0.5x or 0.75x speeds for slowed-down viewing and 1.25x or 1.5x speeds for faster watching.
Right now, Netflix is testing the feature on the web browsers and iOS but there is no information on whether this will come to the Smart TV platform or to streaming devices like the Fire TV stick or Mi Box.
Also Read: How To Make Your Smartphone Last Longer!
When binge-watching a show, there are times one wants to speed up or sometimes slow down the content. This feature as Netflix’s new addition can only be turned on manually for every new title.
“We’ve also been mindful of the concerns of some creators,” a spokesperson of Netflix told. “It’s why we have capped the range of playback speeds and require members to vary the speed each time they watch something new — versus fixing their settings based on the last speed they used.”
Also Read: Leaked: Prices Of All iPhone 12 Models
The streaming service, Netflix, offers a basic mobile plan which costs Rs 199 only for mobile devices. Apart from other plans on their service, they are also testing a new plan of Rs 349 monthly that offers HD streaming for phone, tablet, or PC.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…