Amazon Prime Membership with Bundled Telecom Plans to get a Price Hike
Highlights of the Story
- Amazon Prime subscription charges in India will soon get a hike.
- This will lead to telecom plans that offer complimentary Amazon Prime to get a hike as well.
- Here’s all you need to know about the new Amazon Prime prices and more.
When Amazon Prime was launched in India back in 2016, it was priced at Rs. 499. This was an introductory offer and Amazon Prime membership was later hiked to Rs. 999 per year. Now, the subscription is set for another price hike most likely later on this year. An exact date for the hike has not been unveiled yet.
Now, the popular e-commerce platform has revealed that the telecom plans that offer complimentary Prime services will be getting a price hike as well. This is quite obvious as the Amazon Prime membership services are getting a hike themselves. So, it only makes sense for the bundled telecom plans to increase their prices as well.
Amazon Prime Membership: New Prices
The new prices for the popular streaming service in India have been unveiled. Previously, they started at Rs. 129 and went up to Rs. 999. Now, here are the new prices.
|AMAZON PRIME MEMBERSHIP PLAN||OLD PRICE||NEW PRICE|
|Monthly||Rs. 129||Rs. 179|
|Quarterly||Rs. 329||Rs. 459|
|Yearly||Rs. 999||Rs. 1,499|
Amazon Prime Membership Price Hike for Bundled Telecom Plans
Not only is Prime subscription getting a price hike but, something else has been revealed as well. The bundled telecom plans that provide complimentary Amazon Prime membership will be getting a price hike as well. This includes plans by Airtel and Jio and we shall be seeing a significant change in the prices, from the looks of it.
Amazon took to their official Q&A page to reveal this piece of information. Both Airtel and Jio plans worth above Rs. 999 offer complimentary Prime membership. Now, after the price hike to the Prime subscription, these plans will get a price hike as well.
Another thing to note here is that those who are enjoying Amazon Prime membership benefits at the current price can continue to do so. However, once their plan expires upon the new prices getting reflected, they will have to renew at the new price if they wish to do so.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…