Amazon Prime Subscription Price Hike Soon: How Much Will It Cost Then
Highlights of the Story
- The price of Amazon Prime membership in India is being revised.
- It is increasing by 50 per cent.
- Even the monthly and a quarterly fee of prime membership are also increasing.
Amazon will soon change the prices of the Prime subscriptions. The company website has also confirmed the hike in prices. Although they have not yet announced the exact date when the hike will take effect. However, it is subtly hinting that it will happen soon. The company has hinted it will hike the price of its Prime subscription in India by as much as 50 per cent.
Now, this fee hike will impact all the Amazon Prime subscription plans. This means that the Indian users will have to pay more for the monthly, quarterly, and annual plans. It is suggested the monthly Prime plan will now be available at Rs. 179 compared to its earlier price of Rs. 129. Whereas, the quarterly plan will be available at Rs. 459 instead of Rs. 329. Meanwhile, the yearly plan will be available at Rs. 1,499, as per the official website.
Previously, a yearly Amazon Prime subscription cost Rs. 999. However, there’s no word on when the new prices will come into effect. But it may happen soon. Amazon’s website lists the old prices for now.
Why the sudden price hike?
“Since the launch 5 years ago in India, Prime has continued to increase the value it offers members. Prime provides an unparalleled combination of shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits to make life more convenient and entertaining every single day, and we continue to invest in making Prime even more valuable for customers”.Amazon Spokesperson on Amazon Prime Subscription
He also notes that Prime one-day delivery is available on millions of items, while Prime Video offers unlimited access to movies, TV shows, and Amazon Originals in 10 languages. Members also get access to 70 million songs ad-free with Amazon Music. Amazon Prime subscription also gives free access of books with Prime Reading as well as Prime Early Access to sale event.
Although the company mentions that Existing Amazon Prime subscription members can continue their membership for the duration their membership plan is at the current price. However, after the price change, you can choose to renew your membership at the new price. In addition to this, the e-commerce giant has also mentioned on its support page that users who have joined Amazon Prime as a part of their telecom plan will soon see an increase in the pricing.
This is the reason why the company wants to increase the price of the subscription.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…