Table Of Contents
- 1Who is Eligible?
- 2Apple Trade-in Program
Industry insiders said this Friday that Apple Inc.’s South Korean unit will operate a trade-in program to woo LG Electronics Inc.’s smartphone customers, in an attempt to increase its footprint on the home territory of Samsung Electronics Co., the world’s top smartphone seller.
As per the telecom industry experts, Apple’s iPhone exchange program with Korean mobile companies will pay the trade-in value of a mobile phone plus an extra 150,000 won ($135) to customers who replace their LG handsets with iPhones.
Who is Eligible?
Those who previously used LG’s 4G and 5G cellphones for more than a month would be eligible for the campaign. The campaign will run until September 25. They can trade in their LG phones for an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 mini from Apple. This is not like the current subscription-based trade-in schemes offered by local mobile operators.
It’s the first time Apple has opted to offer a trade-in option to users of other smartphone manufacturers. It will only run in South Korea exclusively.
According to market analysts, this step will benefit Apple in absorbing some LG smartphone customers following the South Korean tech giant’s decision to abandon the mobile business. After years of failure and loss, LG said last month that it would exit the smartphone sector by July 31.
Apple Trade-in Program
Apple’s trade-in program also intends to reduce the number of LG phone consumers who switch to Samsung. According to the latest market study, 80 percent of LG’s V50 ThinQ smartphone consumers shifted to Samsung’s Galaxy smartphones as a result of the trade-in program offered by mobile carriers.
Apple has been attempting to boost its market share in South Korea, where Samsung controls the majority of the market. According to Counterpoint Research, Samsung accounted for 65 percent of the total South Korean smartphone market last year, followed by Apple (21%), LG (13%), and others.
To increase its market share, Apple released its first 5G iPhone the iPhone 12, in South Korea ahead of schedule. In February, the US tech giant launched its second Apple Store in Seoul. Samsung will also provide a similar trade-in scheme for LG smartphone holders in order to maintain its leading position. Samsung will swap Galaxy S21, Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Flip 5G, and Galaxy Note 20 devices for used 4G and 5G LG smartphones through June 30.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.