ONE Store Gains Massive Popularity In South Korea
In South Korea, Google made some changes to the Google Play Store policy that might change the way people buy apps in the country.
The new policy will charge developers thirty per cent as a commission fee to all transaction made through the Google Play store. The decision will drastically decrease the revenue generated by developers.
The One Store, which is owned by SK Telecom, is gaining massive user popularity over the past couple of years. Launched in 2018 the app store has reported a profit for the first time. According to reports, the transaction on the app store has grown more than ten times.
The new policy will come into effect from October this year. More than twenty-seven per cent of app developers say they will start using alternatives to avoid the commissions. The report comes from the Korean Mobile Internet Business Association.
Both the government and the opposition have united to propose bills that will limit the move by Google. The local app developers also have requested the government to do the same.
Also Read: Vivo S9 Launch Confirmed for March 3
Why is ONE Store becoming popular?
The ONE Store currently offers a twenty per cent commission rate, way lower than the Google Play Store. If apps use the in-built payment system, it is lowered to just five per cent. However, the difference in market share between the two is huge.
Users in South Korea spend more than 5 trillion won every year on Google Play Store. The new Play Store policy will cost people more than 156.8 billion won. The US giant based says the new policy won’t affect the majority of the developers based out of South Korea.
Moreover, Google says the commission will be used to offer better services. ONE Store might be one of the best alternatives to the Google Play Store after the changes take place in October later this year.
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…