Oppo Watch 2 Set to Launch on July 27 Featuring Snapdragon Wear 4100 SoC
The Oppo Watch 2 will be revealed on July 27, according to the company. The smartwatch will be the successor to the first Oppo Watch, which launched in China in March and was sold in India in July last year. The smartwatch has already been listed on a Chinese e-commerce website, with images of the design and some of its specifications.
The official teaser, which cites the Oppo Watch 2 series, suggests that it would be available in a variety of sizes. A Chinese website has also revealed some further specifications for the smartwatch, pointing to a Snapdragon Wear 4100 SoC.
Oppo Watch 2
Oppo announced on Weibo that the Oppo Watch 2 will launch at 3 p.m. local time (12:30 p.m. IST) in China on July 27. The post refers to the Oppo Watch 2 series; which implies that it will be available in a variety of sizes, similar to the original Oppo Watch. It is also feasible that the company will release multiple variants/versions of the wearable. As of now, it is unknown when the smartwatch would come to India, as the original Oppo Watch took roughly four months to reach the country.
Features and Specifications (Rumored)
The Oppo Watch 2 has also been listed on JD.com before its official launch. A rectangular dial with two buttons on the right side is displayed in the listing. A curved display can be seen, as well as blue, black, and orange straps. The smartwatch is rumored to include heart rate tracking and e-SIM functionality.
Apart from this, it will feature the Apollo4s chip created by Oppo and Ambiq. The smartwatch will be IPX5 certified, offer over 50 sports modes, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and built-in GPS for connectivity, and will be IPX5 certified.
According to an ITHome report, the smartwatch will have Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 and up to 16GB of storage. If this is accurate, the Oppo Watch 2 will be one of only a few smartwatch models that use Qualcomm’s latest SoC for wearables.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…