Xiaomi 11T Pro Apparently Throttles Performance During Usage of Popular Apps
Table Of Contents
- 1Xiaomi 11T Pro is throttling the performance for games like Genshin Impact
Highlights of the Story
- Reports of Xiaomi 11T Pro throttling the performance are surfacing.
Throttling the performance of the device hampers its peak performance.
- It might be artificially throttling performance on the device to avoid excessive heat generation.
Performance throttling is an issue we hear of from Apple but it looks like Xiaomi is also joining the list. In a recent development, reports of Xiaomi 11T Pro throttling performance for certain intensive applications have surfaced online. Although it might look controversial it is not something new. Performance throttling happens to control possible over-heating issues and thereby protecting the internals of the device.
Xiaomi 11T Pro is throttling the performance for games like Genshin Impact
According to an Anandtech review of the Xiaomi 11T Pro, the company might be artificially throttling performance on the device. It is maybe doing so in lieu of avoiding excessive heat generation. He also found that the company would let the processor perform at full speeds with anonymous applications. However, it may throttle the processor’s power when it tricks it as known applications. It’s similar to issues other smartphone makers, including Apple and Samsung. They have all suffered these accusations in the past. This is usually written off by companies as safety features of sorts.
For example, It spoofs apps to trick the phone to believe that it was running Ghenshin Impact. Then, the 11T Pro throttled its performance. It basically means that the Xiaomi 11T Pro reached its peak performance. It thinks a demanding game is running in a bid to prevent overheating and protect the internal components. Meanwhile, the reviewer also argues that such performance throttling instances should project onto the benchmark scores as well. This will give a clearer knowledge as to how much performance would actually be available on tap in real-life scenarios.
Forcing a reduced performance isn’t a new thing like Xiaomi 11T Pro. Apparently, Xiaomi is able to recognize how much heat apps will generate and as a result, it will throttle the performance to avoid overheating. We need to test and see how many apps this will affect. We don’t think that the company will remove this in a near future, as it can easily say that it’s a method to extend the phone and the battery health.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…