The OnePlus 7 Pro is a brilliant model which can score high in the premium market. Priced at Rs. 48,999, the phone does go beyond speed and keeps itself worthy even in terms of display and design.
The only weakness of OnePlus 7 Pro is its camera, but it can click decent photos. Overall, it does a brilliant job of providing an all-round experience and is, therefore, a desirable model.
The brilliant progress from the OnePlus 6T and the OnePlus 7, the OnePlus 7 Pro is going to draw eyes on it. It has a few pros and cons:
- The OnePlus 7 Pro comes with a beautiful design hosting the futuristic pop-up camera.
- The bezel-less display of OnePlus 7 Pro features a 90Hz refresh’s rate display.
- The phone has an incredible top-end processor along with an increased transfer rate to make it go ‘beyond speed’.
- The phone has a large battery with fast charging that makes it your reliable partner at all times.
- The cameras of this phone are quite good, but they do not match up with the competition that it comes in.
- The phone has a tall design and is not comfortable for small hands.
The OnePlus 7 Pro remains true to its quality and delivers a fantastic phone with the premium OnePlus 7 Pro. It is a recommended model for OnePlus fans and people who want to get their hands on a top-end premium phone without paying huge money.
OnePlus 7 Pro is a premium model which comes with a difference – with a 90Hz refresh rate display, fantastic design and top-end performance.
The OnePlus 7 Pro does not have bezels or a notch – it comes with a 6.67-inch screen with a screen called ‘Fluid AMOLED’. It has a refresh rate of 90Hz, which is much higher than the 60Hz that comes with most phones. The result is that you can have a smooth experience while playing games and watching videos. Gaming phones are generally the ones which get a higher refresh rate. For example, Razer Phone 2 comes with 120Hz, and Asus ROG phone has the same refresh rate as OnePlus 7 Pro. However, the 7 Pro has a refined touch and better cameras going for it. The phone arrives with a 19:5:9 aspect ratio and it holds the colour well. It can easily keep you immersed when you are playing games or watching a video.
The OnePlus 7 Pro has a premium 2019-based design, arriving with a tall physique but not the punch-hole screen that tends to distract people. It has the glass build of S10 Plus along with tapered edges, which makes it easy to grasp. The matte finish makes it look lovely too. However, the futuristic ‘wow’-factor of the phone is its pop-up camera. It gives the phone the bezel-free design and keeps its premium. Plus, if the phone somehow falls or even senses that it is falling, its gyro sensors will make the camera retract itself, therefore, preserving the equipment. The phone does not have a headphone jack as OnePlus ditched it with OnePlus 6T. There is no IP-rating too since moving parts are difficult to make waterproof. Overall, the phone turns out to be a real beauty.
The OnePlus 7 Pro comes with the tagline ‘Go beyond speed’, and that might be because of the ‘speed’ that the phone attaches to it. In this case, the processor clock speed has been the main focus. The phone has a might Snapdragon 855, which gets you an incredible clock speed boost, and you can also get the RAM if you buy the higher 12GB model. The 8GB model of this phone is great too. The phone has a 10-layer liquid cooling system under the glass cover which keeps the phone from getting very hot. It also has a haptic vibration motor that provides instant feedback too. One Plus 7 Pro is also the first phone to feature UFS 3.0, which means it has a fast reading and writing speeds. The transfer rate will be much faster here, almost by 20x, thereby living up to the title Beyond speed.
One of OnePlus’ weaknesses was its battery, but it has improved on it in OnePlus 7 Pro. It comes with a triple-lens camera set with the 48MP primary camera getting warmer colours and much better-textured photos than OnePlus 6T. You don’t get the muddy images of the previous year models. However, in dim conditions, the pictures are often too warm and look unnatural. Pixel 3 gives a better natural pop to it. The phone has Night Sight mode, which is also great and does not blow out proportions if it is held steadily. The phone also has an 8MP telephoto lens which has 3x zoom and Optical Image Stabilization, which is excellent for capturing distant images. The third camera is a 16MP wide camera with a 117-degree field of view suitable for landscape photos, but it leaves soft edges. The phone, however, is not flawless. It does improve on the previous camera, but it has the problem of oversharpening images and barrel distortion. Huawei P30 Pro’s 5x telephone lens is much better for distant images.
Regarding selfies, the phone comes with a pop-up 16MP selfie camera. It does an excellent job in ideal-lit conditions and has an excellent HDR for clicking pictures. However, it does show some barrel distortion at times.
The phone has a weighty 4,000 mAh battery which is suitable for full-day use. With moderate use, you do not need to go and find a charger every once in a while. Plus, the phone comes with fast charging with a Warp Charge 30 adapter. It takes the phone from 0-3% within fifteen minutes, to 60% within half an hour and 100% within an hour and 23 minutes. It is faster than Samsung’s Adaptive Fast Charge and makes a mark in the battery fast charging market.
Overall, the OnePlus 7 Pro is a worthy all-rounder in the smartphone market. It has focused on speed and delivered it, providing the recent processor and even bringing a boost in transfer speeds. The design has a premium finish, but the display with its 90Hz refresh rate steals the day. Plus, the phone has one of the fastest charging batteries in the market. However, with regards to the camera, the OnePlus 7 Pro has improved from previous models but has not entirely hit the top rank. With problems like barrel distortion and artificial processing, it presents an over-sharpened image which might seem disappointing for the photographer in you.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Back Camera48 MP
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height6.40 inches
- Weight206 g
- ColorNebula Blue
- ColorMirror Grey, Almond, Nebula Blue
- BuildFront/back glass, aluminum frame
- Width2.99 inches
- Display TypeFluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.67 inches
- Screen Resolution1440X3120
- Pixel Density516 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass
- Display Size6.5 inch to 6.75 inch
- Display Resolution1440 x 3120 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio88.10%
- CPUOcta-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 4x1.80 GHz Kryo 485)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- RAM6 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 640
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) OxygenOS 9.5.7
- Expandable MemoryNo
- Storage128 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage256 GB, 8/12 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Triple Camera48 MP, f/1.6, (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micron8 MP, f/2.4, 78mm (telephoto), 3x zoom16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- Back Camera Video2160p30/60fps, 1080p30/60/240fps, 720p480fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS, no video rec. with ultrawide camera
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps, gyro-EIS
- Single CameraMotorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/3.0, 1.0 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesAuto-HDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated micDolby Atmos sound
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 30W (Warp Charge)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, SBAS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2019, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, May
Price / Buy
Get the best price for OnePlus 7 Pro
Get the best price for OnePlus 7 Pro
- Best Smartphones To Capture Beautiful SelfiesThu, 2 Apr'20With TikTok and other apps introduced, the world has seen a major shift in people choosing a new smartphone, people now tend to buy smartphones with a good selfie camera and even make it their priority. Choosing a good selfie camera smartphone can become difficult for many, and here we do compile a list of the Best Smartphones with the Best Selfie Cameras.
- Smartphones these days are not the same as they were a couple of years ago, they’ve evolved into fully-fledged entertainment systems. Some of the new smartphones in the market also come with support for Dolby Atmos and have HiFi Quad DAC setup, something which was earlier limited to dedicated Audio Setups.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Tips And TricksTue, 31 Mar'20The Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite is a feature-packed smartphone directly coming down from the house of Samsung. Its runs on OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10, and packs in a lot of great features that a general consumer doesn’t know about unless he dives deep into all the settings. To lift off all these hidden menus and options, here are a few Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Tips and Tricks for you to know about.
- How To Set Any Video As Lock Screen Wallpaper On iPhoneTue, 31 Mar'20Bored of using Still Wallpapers on your iOS Device? Want to use a Video as a Live Wallpaper for your device’s lock screen?, We do have a solution. iPhone allows us to use Live Photos as Wallpapers, so converting Videos to Live Photos and then using it as Live Wallpaper solves the problem.
- Are you trying very hard to find a good android based application with the help of which you can play every kind of video and music file? Here in this article, we are going to discuss everything about such five best applications.
- Best Apps To Choose Custom Ringtones For Apple iPhoneTue, 31 Mar'20Are you bored of all the default ringtones that you get pre-installed with your iPhone and are trying to find some new and unique ringtones that can be customized? If you said yes, then here in this article, we are going to talk about various such applications that can help you in providing the best custom ringtones for your Apple iPhone.
- With each passing day, online streaming providers including Netflix. Prime Videos and Hotstar is getting more popular. These internet content providers make it extremely easy to stream content on portable devices including smartphones. New smartphones such as the OnePlus 7 Pro, iPhone 11 and the Samsung Galaxy S20 now support HDR Displays that can really improve the quality of content delivery for the supported content.
- Best Smartphones with 8GB RAMFri, 27 Mar'20RAM is an important and integral component of a smartphone, it has generally been in our minds that having more RAM makes a smartphone faster, we don’t deny it but it’s not true completely. Having more RAM in a smartphone makes app loading times faster, and enables a smoother overall smartphone experience. And here is the list of the few best smartphones with 8GB RAM in India.
- Best 5G Smartphones That You Can Buy Right Now In India!Thu, 26 Mar'205G rumours and testing has been hovering all around the world, and India has finally got some officially launched 5G Smartphones that are available for sale. Many People do not change their smartphones every now and then, and continue to use it for 4-5years. India will be getting the 5G services in the upcoming few years, and if you are the one who doesn’t change the phone often and want to be ready with a 5G handset before the network becomes live, here are a list of the best few 5G Smartphones available in India right now.
- The COVID19 Crisis has left kids and elders stranded at home all alike, without regular classes going on for children it is important to keep them busy with something productive so that they don’t get bored. This is a great opportunity to get your children familiar with something that they can enjoy without having to keep them under constant supervision.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Black Shark 3Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO Find X2Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreRealme 6₹12,999Add to compare
- 6.8spec scoreOPPO Reno3 Pro₹29,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme X50 Pro 5G₹37,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S20 Ultra₹92,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro MaxAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro₹12,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 6 Pro₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S20₹66,999Add to compare