OnePlus 8 Pro Leaked Photo Shows 120Hz Refresh Rate
OnePlus 8 Pro has been going around the rumour mill for quite some time now. It is reported to launch with a quad rear camera setup, Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, and hole-punch display. The phone is additionally expected to feature 120Hz Fluid Display, and a brand new alleged hands-on image seems to echo those claims. The image suggests that 120Hz refresh rate can be switched to 90Hz or 60Hz too. Lower refresh rate results in better battery life, therefore consumers will have options for either a more fluid display or better battery life.
Read also: Google Pixel 4a Teaser
The report claims that the photo has been sourced from an employee of OnePlus, and it shows the OnePlus 8 Pro from up front. The phone sports a hole-punch display with the cutout placed on the upper left portion of the screen. The OnePlus 8 Pro display shows a Settings page where the screen refresh rate options are listed. At the top is the 120Hz option which will offer ‘maximum smoothness but slightly reduced battery life’. The second is the 90Hz refresh rate option that gives ‘balanced smoothness with balanced battery life’. And the last one is a 60Hz option that gives ‘less smoothness but slightly extended battery life’.
OnePlus notes on the page that higher the screen refresh rate, smoother the screen experience is going to be. But the sleek experience could lead to lower battery life. This Settings page allows users to simply switch between the 120Hz, 90Hz, and 60Hz option according to their preference.
Earlier this month, OnePlus announced its 120Hz Fluid Display technology with a dedicated MEMC motion compensation chip and a touch sampling rate. It brings 10-bit HDR support and has 4096-level of automatic brightness control through an all-new ambient sensor. It is backed by an RGB colour temperature sensor that has only 0.8 Just Noticeable Colour Difference (JNCD) rating.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.