WhatsApp Will No Longer Support These Devices
From 1 February 2020, WhatsApp will pack up on a variety of Android and iOS smartphones. The FAQ section of the WhatsApp states that several smartphones won’t be able to run the app as support is withdrawn for older versions of OS.
According to the WhatsApp FAQ section, Android phones running on Android 2.3.7 OS and lower in addition to iPhones running iOS 8 and lower won’t be compatible in the future.
However, WhatsApp will continue functioning on select phones that run on KaiOS 2.5.1+ OS, including JioPhone and JioPhone 2.
WhatsApp has mentioned that these older versions of Android and iOS “cannot create new accounts, nor re-verify existing accounts after 1 February 2020.”
If you’re still using these lower version OS on your phones and don’t want to lose all of your chats after 1 February, 2020, there’s a way to save your chats:
- Open the chat you would like to save, and tap on “options”.
- Tap’ Export Chat’. You’ll then have the choice to download the chat with or without media.
- You can also backup all your chats on Google Drive by going to options>chats>backup.
If you’re looking to buy a new phone, make sure you know this: Things To Know Before Buying A New Smartphone
WhatsApp also highlighted that ending support for these Android phones and iPhones won’t affect many users.
WhatsApp has listed the operating systems that the app supports and recommends users to use updated devices:
- Android running OS 4.0.3+
- iPhone running iOS 9+
- Phones running KaiOS 2.5.1+, like JioPhone and JioPhone 2
WhatsApp withdrew support for Windows Phone operating systems on 31 December, 2019. It said that the app is “no longer actively developed for these operating systems.”
Stay up to date with the latest smartphone news with Cashify.
Image source: empresa-journal.com
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.