PUBG Mobile 1.0 Update Released: Steps To Download In India
After the PUBG ban in India, players have been really desperate in finding ways to play the game. The 1.0 update is out now and it can actually be played. The following method will only work with Android devices.
Highlights of the Story
- The PUBG ban in India won’t allow users to get the new update via Google Play Store
- However, the apk and OBB files installation method will work
- This is only for android users and iOS users have to wait
PUBG Mobile is now getting the 1.0 update which brings the Erangel 2.0 map to the game. Furthermore, the update also brings many graphical and visual enhancements. Also, players can enjoy a new lobby layout in the game which brings a much needed freshness to the game. Sadly, the update rolls out just a few days after PUBG Mobile gets banned in India. However, players can still the enjoy the update and we will tell you how.
How To Download The PUBG 1.0 Update
On normal days, one can simply head over to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download the app. However, the ban on PUBG in India, the game no longer exists in the Stores. Normally, when there’s a new update for an app, you could simply head over to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Simple put, PUBG Mobile will not get the much awaited 1.0 update in India.
However, that is not the end of the game. Players can still get the PUBG 1.0 update. This can be easily done by just downloading the PUBG Mobile APK and OBB files. Players can then copy these files to the installation directory of the game to play it. One thing to note is that this method will only work for Android users. iOS need to wait a while to figure out an alternative. Also, this method is completely legal as just the original installation file is being accessed via third party app providers.
Steps To Download (Android):
Step 1: Download the APK installation file, from the PUBG site here.
Step 2: When you tap the file after the download completes, you’ll get a pop-up warning you about installation from unknown sources. Enable the installation from unknown resources by going to settings.
Step 3: Once it is done installing, click on the app. You can remove any previous versions that you have installed of PUBG Mobile (like the Play Store Version).
Step 4: Once the app launches, PUBG will download all necessary files and updates itself. You don’t even need to get into the whole OBB folder hassle. Just login and start playing!
With all that being said, we do hope that the PUBG ban gets revoked for the professional players to get back in scene. Casual players will also get their favorite pass time back. However, for the time being, this method will work wonders for those looking for a way to play the game.
Update (January 2021)
Tips for the installation:
- While you are installing the game, there is a problem that might can occur in the game called ‘parsing package’.
- Try downloading the files again if it is not being downloaded. You can use a Wifi connection for the download to complete. If you have a 4G connection then you can always stop performing other tasks.
- Ensure that your device has sufficient storage before you download the content.
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…
- Is Google Pixel 4A a good pick in 2021? Should you invest in it right now? Read to know more.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi