How To Play PUBG Mobile In India Even After The Ban
Although PUBG Mobile has been officially announced to be banned in India, there are a couple of ways to access the game. The PUBG Korea version can be download and installed to access the game. Here is how.
Highlights of the Story
- Players can get around the ban by downloading the PUBG Mobile Korea Version
- VPN’s might not be able to bypass the ban
- PC and console versions of PUBG are available for purchase
- PC version of PUBG Lite is available to download for free
Both PUBG Mobile and PUBG Mobile Lite have now been added to the list of banned apps in India. Games like Knives Out and Rules of Survival along with Life After are also in the list of a 118 banned apps in India. However, the games are still available on the Play Store but not for very long, we assume. As soon as the ban is implemented, the games will be removed from the Google Play Store in India. This has led to hardcore players of the game to wonder if there are other workarounds this situation. Luckily, there is for now. The PUBG Mobile Korea version can be download and installed to play the game after the ban.
PUBG Mobile Korea Version
The Korean version of PUBG has a variety of skins and outfits that sets it apart from the global version. Furthermore, the Korean version of the game gets updates faster than the global version. Additionally, the PUBG Korea version also has a unique ‘Donkatsu Medal’ currency that can be used to open exclusive crates. There are also a variety of other exclusive events in the Korean version of the incredibly popular game.
The Korean version of the game is only available in the Google Play Stores of Korea and Japan. Therefore, it is not technically available for other regions. However, there is a catch. You can still download this version of the game and play it.
Also read: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip First Impression
Steps To Download And Install The Korean Version
#1: Download the apk of the PUBG Mobile Korea version from ApkPure, uptodown, etc.
#2: The game file comes in a .xapk format. Download this .xapk file.
#3: Rename this downloaded file with the extension as ‘.zip’.
#4: After this, extract the file and install the apk.
#5: After the installation, do not open the app. Instead, copy the OBB files to this location -‘Android/OBB/com.pubg.krmobile’.
#6: You can now start the game and then, allow the storage permissions.
#7: It will take a few moments to read and load the data files. After that, select an account. However, do not select the account to which your main PUBG account is linked.
#8: You can now successfully play the game.
Also read: OnePlus Nord – The Mid-Range GameChanger
This will be very useful for desperate players wanting to look for solutions to this crisis situation at hand. Also, as it will most probably be a blanket ban, VPNs will not be useful in bypassing it. That leaves players with either purchasing the expensive pc and console versions of the game or downloading the above mentioned apk. However, players can also download and enjoy the PUBG Lite PC version which is free to play.
- With the massive digital advancement, some negative sides came hand in hand. This includes leaving our digital footprint and sharing unnecessary data on every end. From our personal data like name, email id, to bank details, all are vulnerable on our Android phone if privacy is not set properly. We have unveiled 5 secrets of changing privacy settings on Android phones here. Check out all the steps to safeguard your personal information.
- Should you buy the iPhone 12 Mini or get the cheaper iPhone SE instead? Here’s what you need to know.
- If you have WhatsApp Payments option in the app, let's take a look at how you can set up your account, and send and receive money.
- Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro both feature triple rear camera setups.
- Micromax In series finally launched in India after much anticipation.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Realme 7 Pro offers some good set of specs like the OLED display, stereo speakers and the 65W fast charging but it misses out on others like the 90Hz refresh rate.
- The 6.1-inch iPhone 12 comes with 5G connectivity and sports a magnetic backing which Apple loves to call as ‘MagSafe’ for wireless charging.
- Samsung Galaxy F41 has a combination of a large and vibrant display with a powerful battery, a stunning design, and HD support.
- OnePlus 8T brings the best of features on-board with a Fluid AMOLED, 65W Warp Charge, Snapdragon 865 under-the-hood, and the latest OxygenOS 11.