The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus bring with them a revolution, by moving away from the flat S-series design. The S8 and S8 Plus both feature curved screens, better known as the “Infinity Display” screens.
A Midnight Black Samsung Galaxy S8 with 64GB internal memory and 4GB RAM comes for around Rs40,000. Knowing how good the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is, and given the specifications of the Galaxy S8, could it be possible that the little brother brings a better deal?
Samsung Galaxy S8 Price in India
Samsung Galaxy S8 is the South Korean smartphone giant’s flagship smartphone device. Samsung Galaxy S8 best price in India is Rs.37,990. It was officially launched in the country onMay 5, 2017. As for the colour options, the Samsung Galaxy S8 comes in Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Coral Blue, Arctic Silver, Maple Gold, Burgundy Red colours. The main attraction of the Samsung Galaxy S8 device is a nearly borderless screen with a taller than usual aspect ratio.
With their new flagships, Samsung has ventured into a new direction, spearheaded by their new Infinity Display screen. They say it’s the next big thing, and they have bet all their chips on the success of the AMOLED curved screen, which to be honest, makes us drool! The Samsung Galaxy S8 has done away with the home button, and in its place, we find the on-screen navigation bar and a slight sensation at pressing it, emulated by the haptic flutter. It runs the latest Android on an Exynos 8895 Processor with a 10nm chip. The 5.8 inch Quad HD+ Curved Screen featuring the Infinity Display is a pleasure to have on this phone. It has a 12MP rear camera and an 8MP front camera as well.
With its unique set of features and the Infinity Display, it’s definitely primed to be a bestseller.
The battery life is a bit poor, and Bixby does have some problems with recognising items.
|Infinity Display||Poor Battery Life|
|Powerful Processor||Awkward position of the fingerprint sensor|
As a compact masterpiece set to bring all the best-in-class features to your fingertips, the Galaxy S8 is worth your every buck
The Galaxy S8 has an elegant appearance just like the Galaxy S8 Plus. You get the same curved AMOLED Screen with the diagonal being smaller in this iteration. It gets its name “Infinity Display” because of the minimal bezels, and provides the same resolution for the S8 as you may find on the S8 Plus. The home button is history, having been replaced by a virtual one on the screen which provides a haptic flutter sensation on pressing.
The size almost aligns perfectly for a user as you find yourself using it with one hand. The fingerprint scanner is also placed at the back, albeit in a very awkward position.
The Samsung S8 comes with a great craftsmanship. It has a bigger screen and though it does have bezels, the display is immersive. Gorilla Glass in the front and back which gives it a premium effect. However, the fingerprint scanner is placed beside the camera and can confuse people who would smudge the camera needlessly. Plus, the phone attracts fingerprint smudges. The core features of the Galaxy S8 are the same as those of the S8 Plus, as you get the IP68 rating for dust and water resistance, expandable storage capacity, and of course, Bixby!
The speakers on the S8 are louder than most phones on the market, but they’re still not stereo and hence lack a definition that would’ve been expected from this handset.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with an Exynos 8895 Processor with a 10nm chip. It’s really snappy and can breeze through games without an issue. Even high-end games can run on this set without a problem. On top of that, multitasking works like a breeze on this handset. However, it does fall short of Apple iPhone 8’s A11 Bionic Chip’s processor.
The Galaxy S8 has a 19MP (f/20 aperture) 25mm rear camera. The quality is excellent, and the autofocus speed is groundbreaking – no wonder it leads the industry in this spec. The camera utilizes “multi-stacking”, a feature made famous by the Google Pixel, which helps get the best quality pictures out of the lot.
Samsung S8 comes with a 3000 mAh battery. Since the display is large, the battery consumption is also multiplied and so, it gets a lot of battery drainage. It may run for an entire day but at the end the phone will struggle a bit with the battery life.
The question that is prevalent with this review though, is whether the Galaxy S8 is worth it or would you want to spend more and go with the Galaxy S8 Plus. For a higher price, the Galaxy S8 Plus does give you a bigger screen – but the S8 fits well in one hand and allows for much more to be accomplished. If you are looking for a compact phone and a big size isn’t your priority, the Galaxy S8 should serve you perfectly.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height5.86 inches
- Weight155 g
- ColorMidnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold, Rose Pink, Burgundy Red
- BuildFront/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Width2.68 inches
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.8 inches
- Pixel Density570 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio83.60%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset GPExynos 8895 (10 nm)
- GPUMali-G71 MP20
- OSAndroid 7.0 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) One UI
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot) - dual SIM model only
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Single Camera12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55, 1.4 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- AutofocusDual Pixel PDAF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p60fps, 720p240fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- Front Camera Video1440p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/3.6, 1.22 micron, AF
- Front Camera FeaturesDual video call, Auto-HDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/384kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Talk TimeUp to 20 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 67 h
- ChargingFast battery charging 15W (Quick Charge 2.0)Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent)
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsIris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2017, March
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, April
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Samsung Galaxy S8
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 8₹43,965Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreMotorola Moto Z3Add to compare
- 8.3spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S10₹47,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreMotorola Moto Z2 Play₹12,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S8 Plus₹38,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreMotorola Moto Z3 PlayAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 7Add to compare
- 8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S9 Plus₹30,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S9₹24,999Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 9₹61,890Add to compare
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare