Telecom Operators Extend Free Incoming Calls Benefit For Their Customers
Now that people are abiding by social distancing, it has become more important to keep their phone’s validity in the tab.
Highlights of the Story
- Earlier, exhausted plans encountered barring of incoming calls.
- Telecom operators are coming up with new strategies and plans for its customers.
- This is great news, particularly for low-income subscribers.
During the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, almost all parts of the country are under a massive lockdown of varying degrees. To aid the current lockdown, many telecom operators have extended their incoming call validity to allow customers to connect with their friends and family.
Talking about the extension invalidity, BSNL has extended it to May 5th across all users. This will allow users who might have run out of validity during the lockdown or those with almost zero balance. BSNL hasn’t zeroed in on certain types of users like other operators so everyone with validity to run out soon is eligible for it.
Airtel, on the other hand, is extending its incoming call validity to over 30 million users in the low-income subscriber’s base till May 3rd. Note that no else is eligible for it as per the time of writing this. Vodafone Idea has extended its incoming call validity as well to over 90 million low-income subscribers till May 3rd.
Reliance Jio was among the first to offer extended validity, double the data and more to all its users pan-India. Jio has again extended its incoming calls validity until the lockdown ends.
Apart from that, Vodafone Idea and Airtel have started rewarding users who can make recharges to others. Airtel will be rewarding a 4% flat rate to its users who make a recharge for others while Vodafone Idea users can make recharges for others too and avail 6% cashback that they can use in the next recharges. Note that MyVodafone and MyIdea apps are required to make recharges for corresponding users to gain the cashback. BSNL users can ask friends and family to recharge their phones while those using feature phones can call 5670099 to avail ‘Ghar Baithe Recharge’ where a BSNL executive will visit their home to make the recharge and so on.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…