Vivo Y91 is one of the rare budget smartphones of Vivo that can create a spark in the market. Priced at Rs. 8,990, the Vivo Y91 tries it stays afloat in the competitive budget market, both in terms of looks and hardware.
However, despite looking good, the Vivo Y91 does not pack quite a punch. It appears with a poor camera and abysmal performance. Despite having a large battery fueling the phone, Vivo has not provided an excellent display to match up the power-packing battery. The Vivo Y91 falls short on many counts and can be easily beaten by the likes of Xiaomi phones like Redmi 7.
Vivo Y91 may look good but does it pack the punch expected from it? It has a few pros and cons:
- Vivo Y91 comes with a beautiful design and ergonomic button which looks quite decent, though it can be a bit flashy for some.
- The battery of Vivo Y91 is an admirable one which fuels up the phone well enough for an entire day with moderate use.
- Vivo Y91 comes with a poor display with poor colour accuracy and low saturation levels.
- The Vivo Y91 does not have an optimized processor which can go slow with basic multitasking as well as gaming, due to ill-managed RAM.
- The phone has poor cameras which do not capture plenty of details and turn out bland photos.
All in all, the Vivo Y91 has too many faults to it. It has a weak processor and camera, as well as a below-average display. It is not a recommended model, as there are better budget phones present in the market.
Vivo Y91 is Vivo’s attempt to capture the budget market, but at its price, it fails to make a significant effort due to its poor performance and a mediocre camera.
Vivo Y91 has a 6.22-inch IPS LCD which arrives with a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels. Along with that, it has a low pixel density of 270 ppi. A 2.5D curved glass covers the screen. The low pixel density does show itself. Despite having a 720p resolution, the colors do not appear too punchy.
It has low saturation levels. The viewing angles are okay, but in extreme angles, the screen gets a bit darker. The phone is moderately bright, but you cannot expect it to hold its brightness under harsh sunlight.
Vivo Y91 will capture your attention, especially with its beautiful outlook. It has a plastic unibody, and a two-tone color along with the polished and comfortable back makes it a brilliant phone to keep in your hands. However, it is not quite slim. It might seem a bit chunky in hand.
On the rear, it has the dual camera module placed vertically near the top left corner. The right side of the handset houses the volume rocker and power button. They are placed ergonomically, so you do not have to stretch your fingers too much. The build quality is quite sturdy. However, sometimes, the colors might look a little bit too flashy, especially given how the light falls on it.
Vivo Y91 has a MediaTek MTK6762, which does not seem like the best processor. However, it can surprise the user with its below-average performance. It is paired with 3GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. Multitasking with a few apps and switching between them caused the phone to stutter. The real problem started appearing with gaming.
High-end games like PUBG or Asphalt 9 refused to run on the device, crashing every time. Casual games can run smoothly, but you need to clear all the background apps running along with it. It shows that the phone does not have proper RAM management running under the hood.
Vivo Y91 arrives with a dual camera set – a 13MP primary camera and a 2MP supporting camera. The pictures captured by the cameras are very mediocre. Even in daylight, the photos come out oversaturated and do not have all the details. It seems artificial. The HDR mode tends to brighten up the images. Even daylight HDR mode tends to be inconsistent.
However, in portrait mode, the phone does a better job. The edge detection is decent, and you can make out the outline of the subjects properly.
In the front, the notch holds the 8MP selfie camera. It does a moderately good job. The pictures come out vibrant and social-media worthy. Vivo Y91 seems to have concentrated more on the optimization of the pictures, but Huawei Y7 Prime does a better job in both camera and optimization.
Vivo Y91 has a massive 4030 mAh battery. As expected, the battery is capable of giving a fantastic runtime. The 720p display itself does not take up much fuel. As a result, with an hour of moderate use like playing with the camera, social media, texting and calling, the phone lost 11% battery.
It means roughly it can give about 8 hours and more screen-on time. With heavy usage like multitasking and gaming, along with video streaming for an hour, the phone lost around 16%, which is still acceptable.
Vivo Y91 is not the best phone of Vivo. It has a good design and a heart-stealing battery, but otherwise, it is a mess. It has a very mediocre performance, and the phone cameras do not produce the best quality photos with high-details.
The RAM management on this phone is abysmal. Plus, the Vivo Y91 has a passable display which does leave a lot to be asked for. If you are an average user, then you would ask for better performance at least, if not cameras. Hence, Vivo Y91 is not the phone recommended for any mid-range user.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height6.11 inches
- Weight163.5 g
- ColorStarry Black, Ocean Blue, Red (Y91i only)
- BuildGlass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Width2.96 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.22 inches
- Pixel Density270 ppi
- Display Resolution720 x 1520 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:09
- Screen to Body Ratio82.90%
- CPUOcta-core (2x1.95 GHz Cortex-A53 6x1.45 GHz Cortex A53)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 (12 nm)
- GPUAdreno 505
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) Funtouch 4.5
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 3 GB RAM or 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Dual Camera13 MP, f/2.22 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/1.8
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4030 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, November
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, November
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo Y91
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.5spec scoreAsus Zenfone Max (M2) ZB633KL₹7,499Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreOPPO A5s₹8,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreVivo Y83 Pro₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 8C₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO A7Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreVivo Y83₹11,999Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreHonor 7C₹7,588Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y81₹8,770Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO A5₹15,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 2₹8,199Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare