Looking good and performing with blazing fast speed – Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is looking forward to upset the dominance of top-end phones in the flagship market. Priced at Rs. 29,999, it is a fascinating handset for users trying to find beauty in their handsets.
Mi Mix 2 comes with a challenging statement against top-end rulers of flagship market. Attaining the delicate balance of appearance and premium performance, Mi Mix 2 is a flagship that will attract any premium user to get their palms on.
Mi Mix 2 plays with both design and performance to defeat its rival competitors. It arrives with an elegant design that can turn heads. However, it does not focus on the design alone, since, Mi Mix 2 keeps a powerful processor with a sizable battery under the hood for satisfactory performance.
Mi Mix 2 looks like a premium phone due to its fabulous design. The shiny ceramic back with the bright, almost bezel-free display is a wonder to observe and hold. The lightweight and rounded edges do not create discomfort in your palms either. If you have an eye for beauty, Mi Mix 2 will not disappoint.
Mi Mix 2 arrives with a powerful processor. It can multitask with ease, and also run heavy games at a brilliant speed that will leave you satisfied with the gaming experience. Plus, it is paired with a powerful battery that does not drain fast even when subjected to intense use.
Mi Mix 2 is a premium phone which delivers in all aspects. The little shortcomings are natural flaws of the design – a slippery and less sturdy back, and poor low-light photography capabilities. If we could set these factors aside, the phone turns out to be an excellent handset for premium users.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is a stellar phone which works on both looks and performance, making it an affordable premium phone tackling the likes of iPhones and the Galaxy series.
Mi Mix 2 has a 5.99-inch full HD+ display with 1080x2160p resolution with 18:9 aspect ratio. While the IPS display may disappoint users expecting QHD, the Mi Mix 2 delivers well with its HD+ display. It is punchy, and similar to LG and the brightness has a perfect balance of colours. It is less saturated than AMOLED screens of S8. There is also a dedicated reading mode which minimises blue light emission to prevent eye strain. The colours are vivid and quite accurate and offer an immersive experience for the user. However, Galaxy S8 keeps its title as one of best displays in the market.
Mi Mix 2 goes for a premium ceramic and aluminium body, dropping the stainless steel of the original Mi Mix. It is narrower and lighter than the original Mi Mix by almost 24g. There are some pros and cons for the premium design though. It looks like a jewel, but it can easily pick up fingerprint smudges and is quite fragile. The aluminium sides, however, give it a good sturdiness and help with the grip. The curves on the side make it a comfortable hold. Plus, it has Corning Gorilla Glass 4 which keeps scratches away. One drawback is that it has dropped the headphone jack. Another odd feature is that, since it is mostly bezel-free with a sleek chin, the designers have placed the front camera at the bottom of the screen, putting it in an unusual position and a problematic feature to deal with.
Mi Mix 2 arrives with the Snapdragon 835 chipset, the same chipset included in the flagship rival OnePlus 5, and it is partnered with a sizable 6GB RAM. It can run multiple apps at the same time without a problem, and even the apps load quickly. Gaming on this phone is an absolute delight with heavy games like Asphalt 8 working without flaws and any noticeable heating up. The benchmark scores put it similar to other phones using Snapdragon 835 chipsets, proving that the phone uses the processor to its utmost capacity.
Mi Mix 2 has a 12MP rear camera which comes with features such as HDR, face detection and 4-axis optical image stabilisation (OIS). In adequate light, the picture quality is quite impressive. The photos have a lot of punchy colours added to it, and there is a dynamic range present in the photos. Artificial lights, however, do not provide the natural colours that you get from naturally lighted photos, but they are still noiseless. The OIS helps the camera and does not let it jerk. Low-light photography however suffers and does not capture as many details as the daylight photos capture. The photos appear grainy and capture a bit of visual noise. Mi Mix 2 has a 5MP front camera, which can produce decent pictures. The problem with the camera is its location – at the bottom of the screen giving you a terrible time when you are video calling. The angle is quite narrow, and so you cannot get wide-angle pictures. In low-light conditions, the photos suffer from noise and lack of details.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 comes with a 3400mAh battery which can last the phone for 1 and a half days easily if you subject it to moderate to heavy use. An HD video loop test saw it last for under 13 hours after continuous playback which is quite top-end in the smartphone market. It also comes with the support for Quick Charge 3.0, and can thus charge from 10% to 90% is just about 90 minutes.
On the whole, Mi Mix 2 gets the ticks in all the right areas – an eye-catching design, an excellent display, powerful performance and great battery. The placement of the front camera is a strange one, but since it was made for modifying the design, it can be forgiven. However, Mi Mix 2 does go low in the camera department and clicks images that are only capable of sharing on social media. If a camera is your primary need, then Honor 8 Pro is a worthy consideration for better cameras. Otherwise, Mi Mix 2 is a beautiful grab in the premium market.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.30 inches
- Height5.98 inches
- Weight185 g
- ColorBlack, White
- BuildFront glass, aluminum frame, ceramic back128/8 GB model - all ceramic
- Width2.97 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.99 inches
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 4
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio80.80%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.45 GHz Kryo 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 540
- OSAndroid 7.1 (Nougat), 8.0 (Oreo), planned upgrade to Android 9.0 (Pie) MIUI 10
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Single Camera12 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.9, 1.25 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- OIS4-axis OIS
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps, 720p120fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP, f/2.0
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3400 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBType-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Announced On2017, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, September
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Get the best price for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Best SHAREit Alternatives For File Sharing In India!Thu, 2 Jul'20Just a few days ago a notification was released saying that the Government of India has banned a total of 59 Chinese apps in India amidst rising border tensions between China and India, this move was also pushed ahead based on the privacy concerns on these Chinese apps that have allegedly stolen data from Indian users in the past. SHAREit is one such important app in the list of 59 apps that has a large user base, the app is mainly used to share files between users easily. Luckily, we have a lot of apps now that offer similar functionality that is relatively safer than SHAREit and is not banned in India.
- TikTok was one of the biggest and easiest short video sharing platforms and comes with its own set of editing features making it very easy for the content creators to quickly make and publish their content. In a surprising but well-supported move, the government of India has banned 59 apps from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, TikTok is one of the important apps in the list and this has stirred up a lot of users. This has led to a lot of uncertainty among the community about which platform to shift to, given the ban on TikTok in India. Here are the best alternatives for TikTok that work well in India
- Document scanning applications have been an important part of the Google Play Store and Apple App Store for a while and help in simplifying the scanning tasks. CamScanner was one such important application in the App Stores that allowed a simple way of scanning documents, however, this app has been amidst many privacy issues. Added to the prior concerns, the Indian government has now decided to ban CamScanner and 58 other Chinese apps that might be unsafe for Indian users. In this article, we list out the best alternatives to the CamScanner app that are still available for download in India.
- OnePlus NORD pre-orders in India soonThu, 2 Jul'20OnePlus NORD is going to be the first model in the company’s newly created “affordable smartphone line”.
- Smartphone gaming has seen a steady rise in the past few years with new games only increasing the need for more powerful processors. We see very capable processors in smartphones these days, some of which are as powerful if not more than many basic laptop and desktop computers. These smartphones are a result of extreme research and development being done on the smartphone chipsets that have resulted in such increased performance.
- How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!Tue, 30 Jun'20Alexa is a smart voice assistant from Amazon and supports a lot of commands. It also supports controlling of smart home appliances and other compatible products. Alexa can also give you updates on weather or even play a song from Amazon music for you using just a voice command. Alexa is available on Amazon Echo devices and uses advanced far-field technology to capture voices from far away. Alexa was available in English when it was launched and later grew to support many regional languages. Here’s how to change Alexa Language to Hindi if you want to give native commands.
- What Is Amazon Pay Later And How To Avail It!Mon, 29 Jun'20Amazon has been in the Indian market for a very long time now and had already introduced the Amazon Pay service in India back in September 2018. Amazon also operates a Credit Card in partnership with ICICI Bank under the name of Amazon Pay and offers flat 5% cashback on all Amazon purchases made using the card for prime members. Amazon Pay has been a wallet service allowing users to load gift cards as Amazon Pay balance and use it for future purchases on the Amazon India website. The Later suffix means exactly what it sounds and offers a post-paid service to the existing offering.
- How To Upload Music To YouTube Music Library!Sun, 28 Jun'20YouTube Music is one of the most capable streaming services right now with an enormous library of content ranging from official uploads, music videos, covers, and concert recordings. In an unlikely scenario that you don’t find the music that you are looking for, you can also upload it to YouTube’s music streaming library and then easily access it from any of your devices. This allows you to upload any particular song that is not available on the YouTube platform and make sure it is available on all the platforms for your convenience.
- How To Remove Duplicate Songs From YouTube Playlists!Sat, 27 Jun'20YouTube is perhaps the biggest video and audio streaming service in the world right now, the Google-owned video streaming service hosts billions of hours of content from millions of creators. YouTube is inarguably the largest library of songs and has a mix of official, unofficial, and personal content. While the service outperforms all the competitors in terms of quality, app design, and overall experience, the YouTube music feature still feels a little half-baked with no proper playlist support and unable to identify duplicate items in the playlist.
- YouTube is the biggest platform for content creators and has people uploading new videos in different niches every day. Tech is one such niche that is heavily crowded and has more content creators than perhaps any other niche. If you are looking for any tech-related content then it is very likely you will be bombarded by videos from multiple users and it might become a very difficult task to decide which one to watch and home to trust. Luckily, there are a few reliable and trust YouTube content creators in India and across that world who have been in this profession for a long time now and offer some reliable and trustworthy content that you can stand by.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.8spec scoreSony Xperia 10Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Mi A1₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSony Xperia 10 PlusAdd to compare
- 7.3spec scoreLG Q8Add to compare
- 8spec scoreLenovo Z5Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 5₹7,698Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreLG Q7₹10,490Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 2SAdd to compare
- 7.3spec scoreLG Q Stylus₹15,899Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 6 pro₹8,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreOnePlus ZAdd to compare
- Google Pixel 4aAdd to compare
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999Add to compare
- Nokia 5310₹3,399Add to compare
- Realme X3₹24,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO Find X2₹64,990Add to compare
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy A21s₹16,498Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M01₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreRealme X3 SuperZoom₹27,999Add to compare