After the disappointing release of Redmi Note 5, Xiaomi bolsters its reputation with the release of Redmi Note 5 Pro. Priced at Rs. 12,999 at the time of launch, the Note 5 Pro comes with improved features which makes it a dependable performer within a great range when compared to most flagship models. Equipped with the newer Snapdragon chipset and the solid battery life of Xiaomi, Redmi Note 5 Pro is a beast of budget phones. It is a proper upgrade of Redmi Note 4 and makes up for the disappointment that Redmi Note 5’s release brought.
Redmi Note 5 Pro Price in India
Redmi Note 5 Pro, being one of the best sellers in the affordable segment of smartphones, is still in demand after years of launch. Redmi Note 5 Pro current price in India is Rs.11,999 for the base variant of 4GB+64GB. The higher variant with 6GB+64GB storage is priced at Rs.13,999.
Redmi Note 5 Pro, even though being a good device is outdated now, especially when Redmi Note 9 series is there in the market.
Retaining a lot of the design and display features of Redmi Note 5, Note 5 Pro may not be significant enough to draw eyeballs. Only the cheeky Apple-based rear camera design may raise some eyebrows. The flagship feature lies in the power-packed performance that Note 5 Pro offers, especially after upgrading from the older chipset. Plus, it comes with a whopping 20MP front camera – a modification that helps the set make a dashing entry back into the competing market with other flagship models.
Powered by Snapdragon 636, Redmi Note 5 Pro promises to offer an improved and dependable fast processing speed like never before. Increased camera speed, better game-play and quick access to apps – this hardy performer will not let you down. Pair that with the brilliant battery life of Xiaomi, and you get a power-saving beast performer in your hands.
While the company has retained the same rear cameras from Note 5, the 20MP selfie camera is a brilliant innovation. Using the Depth Mode for AI edge detection and a diffused white selfie light for low-light selfies, the front camera captures intricate details and produces crisp images that will make you look great.
The downside of Note 5 Pro is the software. Android Nougat is outdated compared to the current flagship products in the market and makes the set a difficult flagship model to recommend. Due to this lack of upgrade, it cannot be termed as the perfect budget phone.
Redmi Note 5 Pro is a true upgrade of Note 4 scoring on awesome performance and a killer selfie camera for genuine natural selfies.
The display has remained mostly unchanged, compared to Note 5. Colours are sharp and have a warm tone that might enter into camera images as well. It has better colour depth than Mi A1. It gives enough legibility in direct sunlight to read through texts, and touch response is good. The lack of side bezels provides more screen space to work with.
There’s no difference between Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro. They are both 5.99-inch, have metallic bodies, rear fingerprint displays, and a protruding rear camera set. It has tried to go for an Apple iPhone twist with the vertical camera set design. The flagship 18:9 display has been retained making it narrower and taller. Being a bit on the heavier side gives it the much-required sturdiness.
Redmi Note 5 Pro was released with the newer Snapdragon 636 chipset, running all eight Kryo cores. You can easily notice the increased speed of the device. The camera apps open faster than Redmi Note 5 and shooting low-light images works like a breeze. On benchmarks, it clocks up numbers closer to the Snapdragon 650 and provides a WHOPPING 30% increase in performance. That’s a lot in today’s standard!
The camera design of Redmi Note 5 Pro will attract attention with its use of Apple’s design. Quality-wise, while it may not reach Apple’s standard, it has improved from the previous models. Note 5 Pro comes with a dual-camera set, sporting 12MP+5MP RGB sensor fitted cameras. It’s better than Redmi Note 4 and performs like the camera of Mi A1. Infusing warm colours on display, the Redmi Note 5 produces reasonable detail in images. It produces better colours in low light than Mi A1, which is an advancement for Xiaomi. This camera is faster and better at taking shots than Note 5 and makes for a dependable upgrade. However, Moto G5 Plus has a better camera in the same range. But Xiaomi took a huge leap forward with the whopping 20MP front camera. It takes detailed images in daylight and comes with a selfie light for low-light selfies. Depth Mode uses Xiaomi’s own AI learning algorithm for reasonably good edge detection. However, HDR is not very effective. Beautification mode can be turned on, and you can manually choose the facial features you want to highlight. It’s not as great as Oppo’s selfie-captures, but it’s not too shabby either.
You can rely on Xiaomi when it comes to battery life, and the company has not let the fans down this time as well. The powerful 4,000 mAh battery is a worthy companion to the new chipset, and keep chugging on without feeling any bit of strain after the upgrade. It can easily last for a day and more with moderate to heavy use. While the charger does not come with quick charging, the phone supports it. So, if you already have a Qualcomm Quick Charge power adapter, you can attach it to the phone for charging. A single charge can last for throughout 16 hours and 36 minutes of continuous video play.
Redmi Note 5 Pro could be called the actual upgrade over Note 4. It comes with a new processor that accelerates camera speed and produces better image processing. The addition of a 20MP front camera is a killer move by Xiaomi. Though there is hardly any noticeable changes in design or display, for the improved performance, Note 5 Pro is a great upgrade to go for. However, it would have been a budget phone if Xiaomi had provided Android Oreo, like most of the competing flagship models.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height6.24 inches
- Weight181 g
- ColorBlack, Champagne Gold, Rose Gold, Lake Blue
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.97 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.99 inches
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18:09
- Screen to Body Ratio77.40%
- CPUOcta-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 509
- OSAndroid 7.1.2 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) MIUI 10
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 128 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4/6 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25 micron5 MP, f/2.0, 1.12 micron, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera20 MP, f/2.2, 1/2.8, 1.0 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesLED flash
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, February
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, February
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Get the best price for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.9spec scoreXiaomi Black SharkAdd to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Mi A2₹8,939Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreLenovo S5 Pro GtAdd to compare
- 7.5spec scoreLenovo K5 ProAdd to compare
- 7.4spec scoreLenovo S5 ProAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreXiaomi Mi 8 LiteAdd to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO F1₹14,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHuawei Nova 3Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare