5 Reasons Why Apple Failed To Sell iPhone 13 in India
We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why we think iPhone 13 is essentially FAILED in India.
Highlights of the Story
- Worldwide chip shortage affected production
- Festive sales promoted iPhone 12 series
- Similar design and no major upgrades
Every year in the fall Apple releases an incremental update to their iPhones. This year we saw the iPhone 13 series make it to the market. But did anybody notice that the demand and actual sale of the new iPhone 13 is down? Some might say it even failed to impress many consumers in India.
Did you start to wonder why that is? Well, in this video, we are going to talk about the 5 reasons why we think iPhone 13 is essentially FAILED in India.
- Unavailability of Stock
This year due to the global shortage of chips, the smartphone industry overall suffered losses due to differences in demand and supply numbers. There is said to be a huge gap between the expected sale and the actual number of phones available to buy. And that’s one of the reasons for its failure in India, which is still not prioritized by the brand.
- Flipkart & Amazon Festive Sales
Now as we talk about the reason for the iPhone 13 failure in India, I think more than the stocks of new models, the stocks of old models hurt the sale. This year, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Sale started early. And they brought all the fun to the party. With iPhone 12 and 12 Mini going on sale for crazy affordable prices.
As you might have seen our sale videos about iPhone 12 and iPhone 11 in October. These phones were available for as low as Rs 50K on Flipkart and Amazon. Plus, with bank offers and exchange values on cashify, the iPhone 12 sold like hotcakes. This year we saw many Android users buying iPhones for the first time just because they were available for relatively affordable prices.
Now, if you are someone who bought the new iPhones during the BBD sale, please comment below and share your iPhone experience in the comments below.
- Same aesthetics as iPhone 12
Another major factor that contributed to people going for the iPhone 12 instead of the new 13 models was the no significant design change. I mean if you are going to buy a new iPhone, may it be the one which is cheaper and offers more or less the same features. Apple could have attracted more sales for their new iPhones if a significant design change was introduced by them.
- No triple cameras setup
We mostly buy iPhones for their kickass camera photography features and with iPhone 13 having the same camera sensors on the back and front, there’s really no point in unnecessarily spending on the new model just because it’s the latest model. You can watch our camera comparison of the iPhone 13 and 12 to learn more about the cameras.
Consumers have become wiser! Hey, brands! Please take note of this. Only if there was a third camera lens offered, things might have been different for iPhone 13.
- Existing users didn’t upgrade
There is no point in reducing the notch size and calling it a new design! The world of smartphones has changed, brands and consumers have moved on from that ugly notch. But with Apple not giving their consumers a notch-free iPhone, it’s likely that most consumers decided to not upgrade their iPhones.
And these are the reasons why we feel iPhone 13 failed to amaze audiences in India. What do you guys think of these reasons? Are we being reasonable here? 😛 Share your reasons why iPhone 13 failed in India. We’d love to hear from you and have a conversation with you in the comment section.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…