Apple iPhone 12 Vs iPhone 11: Are The Upgrades Worth The Money?
Apple launched the awaited iPhone 12 finally bringing with it some upgrades. But, is it worth the money to upgrade from your iPhone 11? Let us see how they compare.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple iPhone 12 comes with better camera upgrades.
- However, they both have the same display size.
- iPhone 2 comes with 5G connectivity.
- Night Mode is now available on all the cameras – front and rear.
Apple iPhone 12 is now officially the next-gen smartphones by the company. However, this new launch brought many upgrades in the design and the performance. Seeing the launches, many will want to consider an upgrade from the previous generation smartphone.
Let us take a closer look at the specs and upgrades in the new smartphone compared to the iPhone 11. It is just one year from its launch and still a great smartphone. We will see what is new and how it different in terms of some key upgrades in the next-gen Apple iPhone 12.
Key differences in the upgrades of both the phones:
Apple iPhone 12 houses a 6.1-inch Super Retina OLED display. The company has ditched its LCD display for the more colorful and brighter OLED technology. The new model also comes with a Ceramic Shield front with 4x drop performance and aerospace-grade aluminum.
Whereas, the iPhone 11 comes with the same 6.1-inch size but LCD display which does not enable the deepness and richness of colors as iPhone 12’s OLED.
Both phones come with an IP68 rating. This points to that Apple iPhone 12 can take up 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 minutes. However, the new Ceramic Guard glass will boost its durability beyond older iPhones.
In the end, in terms of display, it looks like iPhone 12 takes a lead.
Just like iPhone 11, the Apple iPhone 12 lacks the triple-lens cameras of its more premium models. Both of them have dual rear cameras – one wide-angle, and one ultra-wide. However, not much has changed in terms of specs but there is one new technology in the newer version. It will have better low-light capability, as well as improved bokeh in shots taken with the main camera since the maximum aperture has increased to f/1.6.
In addition, there will be enhancements to HDR, Deep Fusion, and night-time shots. It comes with Optical Image Stabilisation, 2x optical zoom out, and digital zoom up to 5x. Additionally, it will have smart HDR 3 for photos. Other key upgrades include HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 30 fps and Night mode Time-lapse support.
Performance and Battery
Apple iPhone 12 and iPhone 11 are almost identical. However, there is one major difference in its component – the all-new A14 Bionic chipset. The iPhone 12 runs on the newer Apple A14 Bionic chip, while the iPhone 11 has the year-older A13.
Both have 4GB of RAM, with 64GB internal memory as standard. Additionally, both can be upgraded to 128GB and 256GB storage with extra bucks. Neither offers a microSD card slot.
On the other hand, there is no info on the battery on the new Apple iPhone 12. But it said that it will have a smaller battery than its predecessor, iPhone 11. However, it is possible the use of an OLED display can reduce demands on the iPhone 12’s battery
Apple had launched the iPhone 11 in the same 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB storage configurations in purple, green, yellow, black, white, and Product (RED) color options.
The official launch price was ₹64,900. The phone is currently available on e-commerce platforms like Flipkart for ₹61,900 (black, 64GB model).
However, Apple iPhone 12 will be available in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB models in blue, green, black, white, and Product (RED) color options. The price starts at ₹79,900. The phone will be available via apple.com and Apple Authorised Resellers. The pre-orders will start from October 16 (iPhone 12Pro and Mini) and November 6 (iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max).
So Apple iPhone 12 worth the money?
Obviously, when it comes to features the newer model is a winner and worth the upgrade. More distinct design, display, and upgraded cameras it offers stronger performance, and it also supports 5G.
However, if you are happy with your iPhone 11, it has little to pull you away. If you are not interested in the 5G then it is the best choice to stick with this model. Its camera is highly versatile, its software is second to none, and its battery life is decent.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…