Vivo V20 vs OnePlus Nord: Complete Comparison
Here we compare the newly launched Vivo V20 price in India and specifications with those of the OnePlus Nord.
Highlights of the Story
- Vivo V20 will be available for purchase in India from October 20.
- Nord is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 5G processor.
- V20 supports storage expansion that is missing on OnePlus Nord.
Vivo launched its latest smartphone in India, the Vivo V20 this Tuesday. It comes with a waterdrop-style display notch and carries triple rear cameras. Moreover, it is one of the first smartphones to run on Android 11 out of the box. These key specs garnered the attention of consumers before with the launch of OnePlus Nord a few months ago. Once again, with this new launch by Vivo, it is directly competing with Nord.
Let us compare Vivo V20 and OnePlus Nord with its specs and more in this article.
Vivo V20 vs OnePlus Nord: Price in India
Vivo V20 is priced at Rs 24,990 for the 8GB RAM with a 128GB storage version. Moreover, the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs 27,990. It will be available from October 20 in Midnight Jazz, Moonlight Sonata, and Sunset Melody.
Whereas, Nord is priced at Rs 24,999 for 6GB/64GB variant, Rs 27,999 for 8GB/128GB variant and Rs 29,999 for 12GB/256GB variant.
However, the OnePlus Nord is already available for purchase in the country. It is available in Blue Marble and Gray Onyx for the 8GB and 12GB RAM options. While its base 6GB RAM model comes in lone, Gray Onyx color.
Vivo V20 vs OnePlus Nord: Specifications
Vivo V20 features a 6.44-inch full HD+ AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. Whereas, the OnePlus Nord sports a 6.44-inch Full HD+ Fluid AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels.
On the other hand, Nord has a better screen experience with its 90Hz refresh rate compared to V20’s 60Hz refresh rate.
Processor, Software, and Battery
The OnePlus Nord has octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G SoC, along with up to 12GB of LPDDR4x RAM. Vivo V20, however, carries octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC, paired with 8GB of RAM.
In the end, Nord has a better processor and it is also future-proof as it has the 5G connectivity.
Additionally, V20 runs on FunTouch OS 11 which is based on Android 11 out of the box. Whereas, OnePlus Nord comes with Android 10-based OxygenOS 10.5.
Vivo V20 packs a 4,000mAh battery that supports 33W FlashCharge fast charging. Whereas, the Nord offers a slightly bigger 4,115mAh battery that supports Warp Charge 30T fast charging.
Vivo V20 has up to 256GB of onboard storage that is expandable via a microSD card through a dedicated slot. The OnePlus Nord also has up to 256GB of internal storage but without microSD card support.
OnePlus Nord houses a quad-camera setup with a combination of a 48-MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, OIS, 8-MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 5-megapixel sensor, and a 2-MP macro sensor. For the front, there is a dual-camera setup with a combination of 32-megapixel selfie along with an 8-MP ultra-wide-angle lens with a 105-degree field-of-view.
Whereas, Vivo V20 houses a triple-camera setup with a combination of a 64-MP primary sensor with an f/1.89 lens, along with an 8-MP secondary sensor with an f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2-MP monochrome sensor with an f/2.4 lens. The phone has a 44-MP selfie sensor with an f/2.0 lens housed inside a waterdrop notch.
Verdict: OnePlus Nord vs Vivo V20
OnePlus Nord has a true competitor in its mid-range space with the V20 launch. However, Nord has made its mark in the mid-range market. Both of them offer almost the same primary specs.
We will have to wait and see how it makes its mark in the market when the V20 goes on sale on October 20th.
Also read: Mobile Aux Jack Repair
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.