Apple ‘Hi, Speed’ Event: iPhone 12 Series, HomePod Mini Launched
Apple announces 4 models in its iPhone 12 series confirming the all-new Mini version of the smartphone.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple launches iPhone 12 Mini with a 5.4-inch display.
- All the phones in the series will have the MagSafe wireless charging support.
- The company also launches the mini version of HomePod for $99 (Rs.9,990 in India).
Apple begins its launch event with company CEO Tim Cook announcing HomePod Mini and iPhone 12 series. However, this launch event begins with talking about the all-new affordable version of the HomePod smart speaker. The mini version is a lot smaller than the HomePod and cheaper. Later on, they announce their next-gen smartphone series with 5G for the first time.
Apple announces A14 Bionic SoC in its smartphone series, enabling “console-quality gaming”. Moreover, the company also announces MagSafe wireless charging technology that supports up to 15W wireless charging.
Apple’s HomePod Mini
Here are some of the major points talked about the device in the launch:
- It has the S5 processor designed by the company.
- HomePod Mini has computational audio technology to optimize the sound for your room.
- Multiple HomePod mini speakers can also play music in sync, and “intelligently” create stereo pairing when placed in the same room.
- It supports Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and third-party services such as iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and Amazon Music in the future.
- Apple also announces the “Intercom” feature that allows customers with multiple HomePod devices in different rooms to communicate throughout the house.
- Siri can now also recognize the voices of other members of your household as per the company.
- It will also serve as a central hub for any HomeKit devices, enabling users to control things like their lights or doors when they’re not at home, as well as enabling automation features for their Home app.
Also Read: Now Easily Change iPhone 6S Battery At Home
HomePod mini is priced at $99 in the US and will be available starting November 6. It will be launching in India and its price in India is Rs. 9,900. However, it will start shipping from November 16th.
Apple iPhone 12 Series
It ships with an OLED display and has more durable Ceramic Shield glass technology. The series supports 5G and in the US it supports mmWave 5G too. They will ship with iOS 14 out of the box, along with the A14 Bionic SoC – which we saw in the new iPad Air.
Apple made its iOS optimized for 5G. Meaning, “Smart Data Mode,” it will toggle between 4G and 5G based on when apps are making big bandwidth demands.
So if you’re out checking your email or Twitter, your phone will still use regular 4G — even if you’re in a 5G area — to avoid using the additional (and apparently power-hungry) radio. Switch over to a streaming movie or a video call, and your phone will jump to 5G and its faster speeds and lower latency.
The A14 Bionic is a six-core processor with a four-core GPU. Apple says its CPU and GPU are both the fastest among all smartphones.
They also introduced the new MagSafe wireless charging standard for the iPhone series. It supports up to 15W wireless charging. MagSafe accessories will snap on to the back of iPhones for better alignment of the charger. They will launch a series of MagSafe accessories to improve the wireless charging experience. This will let you charge both your iPhone and Apple Watch using the same charger.
Apple also talks about the camera specs like two 12-MP wide-angle sensors and how it will be better in low light photos. They have made night mode possible to all cameras including the front. As for video recording, the iPhone 12 gets night mode time-lapse which allows you to shoot excellent low-light videos.
The company announced that it will be removing headphones and charging adapters from iPhone boxes, in a bid to be more eco-friendly.
iPhone 12 Specifications
It features a 6.1-inch screen with a Super Retina XDR OLED display. The phone also supports Dolby Vision and HDR10. It features dual rear cameras, unlike the Pro model’s triple sensors.
Moreover, it supports 5G, A14 Bionic, new cameras for low light, and MagSafe charging support.
iPhone 12 Mini is Official!
It features a 5.4-inch Super Retina XDR display. The only difference between the mini and iPhone 12 regular variant is the size. The other features are all the same from the A14 Bionic to cameras.
It is smaller and lighter than 4.7-inch iPhones such as the iPhone 7 while giving you a bigger and better display.
Also Read: How To Use Cheats In GTA San Andreas Android
Apple iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
Here, the Pro features a 6.1-inch display whereas, the Pro Max features a 6.7-inch display. However, the form factor of both devices is nearly identical to the predecessors. The camera features have also improved a lot in this series.
In addition, it has the Deep Fusion machine learning technology on all cameras. On the other hand, the triple rear camera setup on the Pro features two wide-angle sensors and a telephoto sensor.
Now, Pro Max has a better camera set with a telephoto camera that has a 65mm focal length that allows you 2.5x optical zoom and a zoom range of 5x. New image sensors allow for improvement in low-light photography and video stabilization.
Later on, it will also support for RAW format images, via a format called Apple Pro RAW. This will be supported on popular image editing apps too.
However, with the Pro series, they will support HDR video recording and even Dolby Vision HDR. This is also the first camera to capture footage in Dolby Vision in 4K 60fps.
It also has a LiDAR sensor which allows you to have much faster AR experiences and improved depth perception. It will avoid focus on hunting when recording videos and shooting photos in low light.
Pricing, Availability for the Apple iPhone 12 series
In India, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini will be available in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB models in Blue, Green, Black, White, and Product (Red), starting at Rs.79,900 and Rs.69,900.
Whereas, the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max will be available in 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB models in Graphite, Silver, Gold, and Pacific Blue starting at Rs.1,19,000 and Rs.1,29,900.
Also Read: How To Protect Your Smartphone From Hackers?
However, iPhone 12 and Pro model pre-ordering will start from October 16th. Both of them will be available from October 23rd.
On the other hand, the iPhone 12 Mini and Pro Max will start pre-ordering from November 6th. Both of them will be available from November 13th.
Also read: Mobile Mic Repair
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…