iPad Air 4 with A14 Bionic SoC, iPad 8: Design, Features
Here’s all you need to know about the new lineup of iPad’s launched in this event.
Highlights of the Story
- The new iPad Air features the powerful A14 Bionic SoC.
- It now has a USB Type-C port and Touch ID on the power button.
- Both new iPad models get Neural Engine hardware for AI processing.
Apple has finally unveiled its iPad Air 4 and 8th-generation of the entry-level tablets in the market. It has an all-new design, larger display, and powerful new processor in the new device.
Furthermore, Air 4 is very much like the iPad Pro lineup. This new design of Air 4 comes with some new features and an affordable price point.
Let us look at the devices launched earlier in the event in detail
iPad Air 4
It features a 10.9-inch edge-to-edge retina display, Touch ID, A14 Bionic processor, and USB-C connectivity. There is still a Touch ID fingerprint sensor rather than a Face ID camera. The sensor is integrated into the power/ standby button.
Apple’s A14 Bionic processor debuts with the iPad Air 4, promising up to 40 percent better CPU performance and 30 percent faster graphics than the previous generation. Additionally, it also has 70 percent faster machine learning with next-generation Neural Engine.
The new iPad Air features a USB Type-C port rather than the Lightning connector, for data transfers at up to 5Gbps which is said to be 10X faster. A 20W Type-C charger and cable are included in the box. It supports external storage devices and up to a 4K monitor through the Type-C port.
iPad Air 4 also has a single-lens rear camera. There is only a 12-MP back camera with Focus Pixels and a 7-MP FaceTime HD camera with improved low-light performance. The LiDAR scanner and ultra-wide lens is not a part of this device.
Additionally, it supports the second gen Apple Pencil and has a magnetic connector to charge and store it. The new tablet also works with Apple’s Magic Keyboard and third-party accessories featuring integrated trackpads.
The W-Fi 64GB model is priced at Rs. 54,900 while 256GB will cost Rs. 68,900. The cellular 64GB model will cost Rs. 66,900, going up to Rs. 80,900 for 256GB.
Air 4 is available in five colors: Silver, Space Grey, Rose Gold, Green, and Sky Blue. It will go on sale in October.
iPad (8th gen)
Apple also refreshed its entry-level iPad after its 10 year anniversary. It comes in classic iPad design with a physical Home button and a 10.2-inch Retina display. In addition, it has a new A12 Bionic processor that’s said to be 40 percent faster than the previous generation.
A12 Bionic SoC brings Apple’s Neural Engine capabilities for machine learning to the most popular and affordable iPad model for the first time, driving new app experiences.
Also Read: Redmi 9i Launched In India
It will support Apple and third-party keyboard accessories as well as the 1st Gen Apple Pencil for taking notes and sketching. Moreover, it also has the 8-MP rear- camera and 1.2-MP front camera just like the previous generation. This model also retains the Lightning connector.
This new model is starting at Rs. 29,900 and Rs. 37,900 for the 32GB and 128GB Wi-Fi versions respectively, and Rs. 41,900 and 49,900 for the cellular versions in the same capacities. It will come in Silver, Space Grey, and Rose Gold.
However, there is no date announced by the company.
This new device will comes with new software update of iOS 14 which is releasing on September 16 for other compatible devices.
Also read: Apple Mobile Price List In India
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…
- There have been so many new smartphone launches in recent days. This is the reason smartphone buyers may usually get confused while buying a phone. The under Rs. 20,000 price segment has so many phones that choosing a single smartphone has become very difficult. However, we have a new launch in this price segment which…
- This article will let you know every little detail about iQOO Z3 which may not have been clear earlier. This article will clear all your doubts related to iQOO Z3 and in case you are planning to purchase the iQOO Z3, this article will answer all your questions. Today, we will be answering 25 FAQ…