Apple Watch Series 6 Vs Apple Watch SE: Comparison
Here’s how Apple’s flagship Watch Series 6 compares to the Apple Watch SE.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple Watch SE is made from 100 percent recycled aluminum.
- Watch Series 6 is the flagship model for this year.
- Both these watches retain the same design.
Apple Watch Series 6 and the Apple Watch SE have launched in this year’s virtual event. Both these smartwatches have some differences in their build and offerings.
The latter is an affordable lacking the ECG and blood oxygen monitor. However, the former comes as a flagship model with an Always-On Retina display, a blood oxygen monitor, and an electrocardiogram (ECG) measuring functionality.
Let us find out how both of these actually differ from each other:
Apple Watch Series 6 vs SE price
Here, Series 6 is the most expensive model between the two. It starts at Rs 40,900 for the GPS model, while the GPS + Cellular model starts at Rs 49,900.
However, Apple brings a cost-friendly Watch SE which costs Rs 29,900 for the entry-level GPS model and Rs 33,900 for the GPS + Cellular model.
On the other hand, the company is yet to announce the dates for these smartwatches. It can be expected to hit the market in India by Diwali festivities.
Series 6 vs Watch SE specifications
Both of these new releases share identical designs, including 40mm and 44mm case sizes. The 44mm smartwatch has a 368×448 pixel resolution. Whereas the 40mm watch has a 324×398 pixel resolution.
Series 6 comes with an Always-On Retina LTPO OLED display with 1,000nits brightness. However, Watch SE does not offer Always-On display functionality.
Additionally, both smartwatches have rounded designs and thinner bezels. They both have the same 50-m water resistance.
Series 6 has a 64-bit S6 dual-core processor which is 20 percent faster than the S5 processor. In addition, it also has an Apple W3 wireless chip and a U1 ultra-wideband chip as well. Watch SE, on the other hand, is powered by the old S5 dual-core processor and has Apple W3 wireless chip.
However, the biggest distinction between the two smartwatches is the blood oxygen monitoring support and an ECG monitor. Series 6 comes with this support while the SE variant lacks these functions.
Moreover, the former comes in aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium watch cases. Whereas the Apple Watch SE is made using 100 percent recycled aluminum only.
Series 6 and the SE variant have 32GB storage capacity. It also supports Apple Pay and GymKit and have ceramic and sapphire crystal back.
The Series 6 supports dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz and 5GHz, whereas Watch SE supports just 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n. They both support Bluetooth v5.0 for connectivity and can last for up to 18 hours.
Both Apple Watch Series 6 and the Apple Watch SE use a magnetic charging cable.
They both have sensors like GPS/GNSS, compass, always-on altimeter, second-gen optical heart rate sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, and ambient light sensor.
Also read: Sell old smart watch
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…