Best Smartphones Under 10,000 In India
Smartphones have been launching every month, and especially the Budget segment under 10K has been heating up a lot. With changes to the GST rates from 12 percent to 18 percent, the smartphone rates are all set to increase, and its the right time to buy a new smartphone. The Redmi Note 8 kills the competition and in our opinion is the best smartphone you can buy right now.
Highlights of the Story
- Under the 10K price segment has been heating up, devices are being launched every now and then.
- There are plenty of options available out there from brands like Redmi, Realme, Vivo and more.
- GST rates increase to 18 percent from April, hence it’s the right time to buy a new smartphone.
- This article lists out the Best Smartphones one can buy right now under 10K in India.
Moving forward with 2020, new smartphones keep on launching every month, and with short intervals of time. It becomes terribly laborious to stay up with all the new releases if we don’t tend to keep a track on them. Well, we don’t want our readers to miss out on some of the launches and buy a mediocre one instead of a good one.
That’s why we point to intentionally publish lists of the best smartphones that a user can buy under all different pricing categories, with a specific feature and more. But, a point here is, the budget category is far and away from the toughest and with the most number of smartphones to keep a track of. So, in order to keep things simple and make your buying choice easier, here we present to you the list of the best phones under Rs.10,000 that you simply could purchase today.
Samsung Galaxy M30:
Samsung introduced the Samsung Galaxy M30, and it becomes one of the best selling smartphones for Samsung in the budget segment. It comes with a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Display which is one of the strongest points of the device that the other phones fail to offer under this price segment.
The Galaxy M30 is clearly a smartphone not made for performance, the chipset Samsung has used in here is the Exynos 7904. Another strong point for the Samsung Galaxy M30 is the cameras; sporting a primary 13-megapixel primary, along with a 5-megapixel ultra-wide and a 5-megapixel Depth Sensor, and on the front, the M30 packs a 16-megapixel sensor for selfies.
The phone also features a massive 5,000mAh battery which means you can enjoy your favourite content, play games for a longer period than usual. Although the phone is available in three RAM and storage variants, only the 3GB + 32GB Variant is priced under 10K. The phone is available in two colours namely Gradation Black and Gradation Blue and the pricing starts at Rs. 9,649 in India.
- 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Display, Only one of the few phones under this price to have an AMOLED Display
- Massive 5,000mAh Battery
- Incapable Exynos 7904 Chipset
- The camera isn’t that great
Also read: Samsung Galaxy M30 Review
Here comes an offering from Realme, the Realme 5, the younger sibling to the Realme 5 Pro is known for its cameras by which we mean, the USP of the phone is the cameras, it packs a 12-megapixel primary, along with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide, a 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 2-megapixel macro lens on the rear. On the front, it packs a 16-megapixel selfie shooter.
For the display, surprisingly, the Realme 5 just has a 6.5-inch HD+ IPS LCD Display. Realme has packed in a fairly capable Snapdragon 665 Chipset which can get all the basic tasks done along with casual gaming.
The phone is a beast as well when it comes to the battery, comprising of a 5,000mAh battery with support for 10W Fast Charging.
The phone is currently available in two colours Crystal Blue and Crystal Purple and comes with 3/4GB of RAM with 32/64/128GB of Internal Storage, the base variant is priced at 8,999 and is a worthy deal.
- Snapdragon 665 Chipset
- Quad-lens rear Camera Setup
- Massive 5,000mAh Battery
- Ordinary HD+ IPS LCD display
- Slow 10W Charging
Also read: Realme 5 Review
The successor to the Realme C2, quite similar to the Realme 5, the Realme C3 is Realme’s latest offering in the ‘C’ Series. The first smartphone to feature the MediaTek Helio G70 Chipset, the Realme C3 offers performance that no other phone could for the price, be it gaming or daily day to day tasks, the Realme C3 handles it quite well.
But again, it sports the 6.5-inch HD+ IPS LCD Display, and weakens out on the camera department, as it features a dual-camera setup of a primary 12-megapixel sensor and a 2-megapixel depth lens, on the front, it has a single 5-megapixel selfie shooter housed in the teardrop notch.
On to the battery, it has a significant advantage over other phones coming with a 5,000mAh battery and combined with an HD+ Display, it makes up for some really great battery life.
The Realme C3 is available in two colors, Blazing Red and Frozen Blue comes in two RAM variants with 3/4GB RAM and 32/64GB of Internal Storage. The base variant of the Realme C3 is priced at Rs. 6,999 and overall, it is a great smartphone to choose over the others.
- World’s First MediaTek Helio G70 Chipset
- Massive 5,000mAh Battery
- HD+ Display, not FHD+
- Only a Useful Single Camera, misses out on Ultra-wide angle lens
Redmi 8A Dual:
The Redmi 8A Dual is an upgraded Redmi 8A, The Redmi 8A Dual is a compact smartphone with the screen size measuring just 6.22-inches, the resolution is HD+ and comes with an IPS LCD Display.
The Redmi 8A Dual comes with upgraded dual rear cameras comprising of a primary 13-megapixel shooter and a secondary 2-megapixel depth sensor on the rear, on the front, Redmi has packed in an 8-megapixel selfie shooter.
The Redmi 8A Dual takes a hit with the chipset as it packs in the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 Chipset. On the battery front, similar to other phones on the list, the Redmi 8A Dual boasts a 5,000mAh battery and comes with support for 18W Fast Charging which is a big plus.
The Redmi 8A Dual is currently available in three colours in the Indian market, namely, Midnight Grey, Sky Blue, and Sky White. The phone is available with 2 or 3GB of RAM, 32GB of Internal Storage. The pricing of the base variant starts at Rs.6,499 in India.
- 5,000mAh Battery
- 18W Fast Charging
- 13+2MP Dual Rear Cameras
- HD+ Display, not FHD+
- Not Available with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of Internal Storage.
Infinix S5 Pro:
To a brand that believes in marketing a lot, the Infinix S5 Pro is the latest offering from Infinix. It is the only smartphone under this price segment to make use of the pop-up camera mechanism in order to provide a full-screen viewing experience. The Infinix S5 Pro sports a 6.53-inches FHD+ IPS LCD Display with a 60Hz Refresh Rate.
The cameras on the Infinix S5 Pro are one of the major USPs, comprising of a primary 48-megapixel sensor, a 2-megapixel depth sensor along with an additional low light camera sensor for taking photos in the dark.
The phone is powered by the MediaTek Helio P35 Chipset and is available with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of Internal Storage. The phone comes with a 4,000mAh battery and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, combining all these specifications onto a single smartphone, the Infinix S5 Pro is a good value for money and is priced at Rs. 9,999 in India.
- Pop-Up Camera for Selfies
- Full-HD+, Full-Screen Display
- 48-megapixel Camera
- 4,000mAh Battery
- Underperforming Helio P35 Chipset
- Available in single variant 4GB+64GB only
Vivo’s budget U Series has been performing well in the market, the Vivo U10 comes from there too. Coming with a 6.35-inch HD+ IPS LCD Panel, the display is great but not that sharp, comes with the teardrop notch to house the 8-megapixel selfie camera.
The U10 is on power with the other smartphones when it comes to the performance, it comes with the Snapdragon 665 Chipset which is fairly capable. The case with the cameras is the same as well as it packs a triple rear camera setup comprising of a primary 13-megapixel sensor, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
Another plus is that it comes with support for 18W Fast Charging and has a battery capacity of 5,000mAh. The phone sells in two colors, Thunder Black and Electric Blue, comes with 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of Internal Storage. Also, the base variant of the Vivo U10 is priced at Rs. 8,990 in India.
- Good Rear Cameras which include Ultra-wide-angle and depth Sensors
- Gigantic 5000 mAh Battery
- Support for 18W Fast Charging
- Only HD+ Display, not FHD+
- UI needs to improve
Samsung Galaxy A10s:
A minor upgrade to the pre-existing Samsung Galaxy A10, the Samsung Galaxy A10s seems like the same old piece of cake, sporting a 6.2-inch HD+ TFT Display which isn’t even an IPS LCD panel. The Samsung Galaxy A10s is clearly not meant for someone who watches content a lot on the smartphone.
The smartphone has really poor hardware sporting in a MediaTek MT6762 Chipset under the hood, Onto the camera front, the A10s has below average cameras packing in a 13-megapixel primary and a 2-megapixel depth sensor on the rear, on the front it has an 8-megapixel selfie camera for taking selfies.
The only good part of this smartphone is its battery, as it packs in a 4,000mAh battery and is available in two colors Black and Blue. The phone is available in two RAM Variants with 2GB or 3GB of RAM and only 32GB of internal storage. The pricing for the base variant of the A10s is Rs. 8,499 but frankly, there are a lot better options than this for the price.
- Battery of 4,000mAh capacity
- TFT HD+ Display, not even an IPS LCD panel
- Poor MediaTek MT6762 Chipset for the Price
- Cameras are below average.
Redmi Note 8:
A smartphone whose pricing was affected due to the COVID-19, Xiaomi had to increase the pricing of the Redmi Note 8 from Rs.9999 to Rs.10,499 in India, as they had limited number of stocks and the demand was growing on. Other than the price, the Redmi Note 8 is our pick of the Best Smartphone one can buy under 10K in India.
Coming with a 6.3-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display, this is one of the best displays under this segment. The phone also has one of the best cameras packing in a 48-megapixel primary, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide, a 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 2-megapixel macro lens.
The phone is on power with other smartphones when it comes to the performance as it is power-packed by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Chipset, with 4,000mAh battery and support for fast 18W Charging.
The Redmi Note 8 is available in four colours Cosmic Purple, Moonlight White, Neptune Blue, and Space Black. The smartphone is available in two RAM variants 4GB and 6GB with 64 or 128GB of Internal Storage, the base variant with 4GB of RAM starts at Rs.10,499 in India currently and may go down after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Stunning 48MP Quad Cameras
- Power-Packed Snapdragon 665 Chipset
- 4,000mAh battery with 18W Fast Charging
- Comes with an IPS LCD Display
Also read: Redmi Note 8 Review
Now for the Conclusion, obviously our first choice for the best smartphone under 10K price is the Redmi Note 8. To be specific, the Redmi Note 8 packs in a good display, set of great cameras, good battery life and more.
If you are a guy who loves to watch lots of content like Netflix on your smartphone, the M30 is the go-to option for you. If you are in here for a secondary smartphone and do not want to spend much, do pick the Realme C3 or the Redmi 8A Dual.
If you want a smartphone with a pop-up camera mechanism, the Infinix S5 Pro is the choice for you. So that’s it for the list of the Best Smartphones under 10K that we felt were worth the price.
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
- Your smartphone is always prone to security risk by hackers. Read and watch this to know how you can keep yourself safe.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime does make a strong contender since it has a few specs of the Note 9 series as well while arriving at a most affordable price tag.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.