Best Smartphones with 8GB RAM
RAM is an important and integral component of a smartphone, it has generally been in our minds that having more RAM makes a smartphone faster, we don’t deny it but it’s not true completely. Having more RAM in a smartphone makes app loading times faster, and enables a smoother overall smartphone experience. And here is the list of the few best smartphones with 8GB RAM in India.
Table Of Contents
- 1ASUS ROG Phone 2:
- 2Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus:
- 3OnePlus 7T Pro:
- 4Huawei P30 Pro:
- 5Samsung Galaxy Z Flip:
Highlights of the Story
- Higher RAM Speeds Result in Faster App Loading times.
- Users can find smartphones with 8GB of RAM under the 25K Price Segment.
- All the flagships now start with a base of 8GB RAM instead of 6GB which was the base RAM variant up to last year.
RAM plays an important role in a smartphone, keeping apps in memory and a lot more. There were times when people used to feel 512MB of RAM was a lot, but in the current smartphone generation, it has completely changed.
Nowadays smartphones have started to come with 16GB RAM, which even laptops don’t sport at their base variants. In 2020, at least 4GB RAM is required for a smartphone to function smoothly, but if you are a heavy user, then you may feel the requirements of 8GB RAM or more.
You can find smartphones with 8GB RAM even under Rs. 20K in India, and here we do present you the list of the top of the line, Best Smartphones that you can buy right now with 8GB of RAM in India.
ASUS ROG Phone 2:
One of the most powerful and the best gaming smartphones out there, the ASUS ROG Phone 2’s base variant comes with 8GB’s of RAM as well.
With a 6.59-inch OLED Display with a 120Hz Refresh Rate, the ROG 2 has some beefy internals sporting the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ Chipset under the hood. It also comes with a capable dual rear camera setup with a 48-megapixel primary and a 13-megapixel ultra-wide angled lens.
On the front, it packs in a 24-megapixel front-facing selfie shooter. The ROG 2 also has a massive 6,000mAh battery and comes with support for 18W Fast Charging.
This smartphone runs on ZenUI 6 based on Android 10 and has a pretty great RAM Management. The pricing of the ROG 2 starts at RS. 37,999 in India.
Also Read: Asus ROG Phone 2 Review
- 120Hz OLED Display with Great Stereo Speakers
- Flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ Chipset.
- Gigantic 6,000mAh battery
- Chunky Front Bezels
- Average Grade Cameras.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus:
Another newly launched Samsung smartphone on the list, the Samsung Galaxy S20, and the S20 Plus’s base variant come with 8GB of RAM and that’s the only variant that is available in India as of now.
Talking about the bigger brother, the S20+ is packed in with a 6.7-inch QHD+ 2K AMOLED 120Hz Display, and the Exynos 990 Chipset with a centered punch hole to house the selfie camera.
Similar to the Galaxy Z Flip, it runs on OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10 out of the box, and it seems that OneUI is quite optimized for the phone.
On to the optics, the Galaxy S20+ is undoubtedly one of the best camera smartphones out there, sporting a primary 12-megapixel lens, a secondary 12-megapixel ultrawide, a 64-megapixel 3X Telephoto and a ToF sensor on the rear. On the front, Samsung has packed in a 10-megapixel lens.
Housing a 4,500mAh battery and support for 25W Fast Charging, the S20+ offers some great battery life as well. It also comes with support for wireless charging and reverses wireless share technology as well. With all these packed into one smartphone, the S20+ pricing starts at Rs.73,999 in India.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Review
- 120Hz AMOLED QHD+ Great Display
- One of the Best Cameras on Android phones
- Great Battery Life, battery capacity housed at 4,500mAh.
- Exynos 990 Chipset, inferior to the Snapdragon 865
- Only 25W Fast Charging
OnePlus 7T Pro:
An all-rounder smartphone, the OnePlus 7T Pro from the company also comes with a base 8GB RAM variant. The OnePlus 7T Pro sports a 6.67-inches QHD+ 90Hz AMOLED Display on the front without any notches or hole punch.
Under the hood, the device is a beast as well, being run on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ Chipset and comes with up to 12GB of RAM onboard. The device runs on OxygenOS 10 based on Android Q out of the box, and the RAM management on the device is solid as well.
On to the camera optics, sporting the previous year’s flagship 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor onboard, an 8-megapixel 3X Telephoto and a 16-megapixel ultra-wide angled on the lens, the 7T Pro performs well under all conditions.
It also features a 16-megapixel motorized pop-up selfie camera on the front. Under the hood, it has a 4,085mAh battery and comes with Dash Charge with 30W Fast Charging. Pricing for the 7T Pro starts at Rs.53,999 in India.
Also Read: OnePlus 7T Pro Review
- Full-Screen Viewing Experience without any Notch or punch hole.
- Fast and Capable, Snapdragon 855+ Chipset
- Great 48MP Triple Rear Cameras.
- Slightly bulky to hold in Hand
- Fairly Heavy in weight.
Huawei P30 Pro:
One of the most loved Huawei phones over the globe, the Huawei P30 Pro does also offers an 8GB RAM variant of the Huawei P30 Pro. The smartphone boasts a 6.47-inch OLED Display on the front with a water-drop notch. The chipset used by the brand here is the HiSilicon Kirin 980 which is Huawei’s 2019’s flagship chipset. The phone runs on EMUI 10 based on Android Q, and the RAM management capabilities of the phone are pretty decent.
Sporting one of the best camera system on a device, the P30 Pro comes with a 40-megapixel primary lens, a 20-megapixel ultra-wide, an 8-megapixel 5X Telephoto and a ToF lens on the rear. A 32-megapixel selfie camera has been housed in the water-drop notch as well. The Huawei P30 Pro has a 4,200mAh battery and comes with 40W Fast Charging. Pricing starts at Rs.56,125 in India.
Also Read: Huawei P30 Pro Review
- Compact 6.47-inch OLED Display.
- Fast and Fluid Kirin 980 Chipset
- One of the Best Rear Cameras out there.
- An upgrade to the P30 Series to arrive soon, with the Huawei P40.
- No Guarantee on updates after US Huawei Ban
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip:
The last but not the least is one of the craziest phones of the year, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and it too comes packed in with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of Internal Storage. The Z Flip is one of the few foldable smartphones with a vertical folding mechanism.
Coming packed in with a 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display with a centered punch hole for housing the selfie camera. Under the hood, the Galaxy Z Flip is powered by the Snapdragon 855+ Chipset.
On the cameras department, a 12-megapixel primary and a 12-megapixel wide-angle lens on the rear, on the front, the 10-megapixel sensor has been packed on the front. The battery capacity on the Z Flip is 3,300mAh and comes with 15W Fast Wired Charging. There is also support for wireless charging as well.
The phone runs on OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10, and with the optimization, Samsung has done with the software and RAM Management the Z Flip is a performance beast.
With the latest OneUI and the optimisations done by Samsung, the Apps stay in memory and do not reload once opened again. The 8GB variant of the Z Flip is priced at Rs.109,999 in India.
- Vertically Foldable Smartphone, compact in size.
- Snapdragon 855+ Chipset
- Great Cameras on the Rear.
- Small Sized Battery
- Too Expensive.
According to OnePlus, the Nord is “Pretty much everything you could ask for”. With four rear cameras- 48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP and two front cameras – 8MP + 32 MP that offer smooth snaps, Nightscape feature that allows low light photography and a video recording quality of 4K this device aims to offer the best. Along with this, you get a 6.44” 90HZ refresh rate HDR10+ display with a 1080×2400 resolution, battery capacity of 4115mAh, Oxygen OS, 2048 levels of automatic brightness and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G mobile platform with improved CPU speeds. The presence of 8 GB of RAM allows Nord to run all your favorite apps to give you a lag-free experience. The Warp Charge 30T powers up your phone from 0 to 70% within half an hour.
- Well built and sleek design.
- 90Hz AMOLED display.
- 5G-ready fast processor.
- Great for daylight photography.
- Decent battery life with support for fast charging.
- In-display fingerprint scanner.
- Average low-light quality of images taken.
- Lack of 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- No Dedicated micro-sd card slot.
- Choosing a new air conditioner for your house can be confusing when you have several options available like spilt, windows, tower and Cassette air conditioners. The options could seem daunting with the variety of air conditioners available. Also, you can even be under pressure to select a new system, depending on your circumstances. However, if…
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…