JBL Live Pro 2 Review – Great ANC With All-Day Battery
Table Of Contents
- 1Review Summary
- 2JBL Live Pro 2 Price in India and Variants
- 3JBL Live Pro 2 Box Contents
- 4JBL Live Pro 2 Specs at a glance
- 5JBL Live Pro 2 Design and Comfort
- 6JBL Live Pro 2 Audio Quality
- 7JBL Live Pro 2 Battery and Charging
- 8JBL Live Pro 2 Features and Connectivity
In this JBL Live Pro 2 review, we’ll be looking at a pair of noise-cancelling earbuds that are both stylish and affordable. These earbuds come equipped with a number of features, some of which include adaptive noise cancellation, multipoint connectivity, wireless charging and more.
In comparison to its predecessor, this model features a new look, a better and more durable build, and a longer battery life. Listening to music and taking Zoom calls were both seamless with these earbuds.
This review of the JBL Live Pro 2 will tell you everything you need to know about these earbuds, including how well they fit and how good the sound quality is.
- Light and comfy
- Good sound quality and bass
- Wireless charging
- Great battery life
- IPX 5 water-resistant
- Average call quality
The JBL Live Pro 2 comes at a price of Rs 13,999 in India. The earbuds are available in three different colour options: Black, Blue and White.
You can buy the Live Pro 2 directly from JBL’s official website or other online platforms like Amazon and Croma.
Checkout: Recycle Your Old Phone Now! Get Rewarded
The JBL Live Pro 2 packs the following items inside the box:
- 3 sizes of ear tips
- Type-C charging cable
Planning to upgrade? Sell Your Old Phone in 60 Seconds From Home
Before we talk more about the JBL Live Pro 2, let’s see what on-paper specs look like:
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2
- Supported OS: Android and iOS
- Battery: 580 mAh
- Weight: 60 gm
JBL Live Pro 2 earbud design resembles that of Apple’s AirPods, with short stems. They have a distinct look thanks to the glossy finish on each stem and the different colours available (Blue, Black and White).
The charging case is quite compact and can easily slip into the pocket of my jeans. I’m impressed with their build quality. Even though they’re made of plastic, they look like they’re of good quality.
Fortunately, these earbuds were very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Weighing only 4.8g a piece, they were super lightweight. If you ask me whether I was able to feel the weight in my ears? Yes, I think so. But was it uncomfortable to wear them? Nope, not at all. Having them in my ears for a few hours at a time didn’t bother me at all.
The JBL Live Pro 2 earbuds come with silicone eartips in three different sizes, which should make it easier for you to find a comfortable fit. I found that the medium size was the best fit for my ears.
It’s also noteworthy to highlight the water resistance of this earbud. Because of their IPX5 water resistance, these JBL TWS earbuds are safe to wear in the rain or while you’re working out.
The audio quality of JBL Live Pro 2 blew me away, and I’m very happy about that. The sound was sharp, clear, and had lots of bass, just how I like it, thanks to the 11mm drivers. The sound from these earphones is very lively and clear at the same time.
If you like upbeat music, you’ll love the bass-heavy sound this has to offer. The fact that the bass does not dominate the sound is a very positive aspect. The mids still come through strong, while the highs sound like they should.
The JBL Headphones app has a very detailed equaliser to customise the audio as per your taste, or you can simply choose from a total of five presets, such as Jazz, Vocal, Club, Vocal, Bass, and Studio.
Compared to the JBL Live Pro+, the JBL Live Pro 2 earbuds have a more advanced and reliable noise cancellation. This feature can make adjustments automatically and in real-time based on the levels of background noise around you as well as the shape of your ears.
I noticed that the Live Pro 2 earbuds significantly reduced the loud Delhi traffic noise while I was commuting to work. In terms of noise-cancellation, they’re one of the best in their price segment, with only the premium earbuds like the Sony WF-1000XM4 (review) offering complete silence.
Additionally, the Ambient Aware feature enables you to hear sounds around you without ever having to take out your earbuds.
Now it was time to test out call quality. Cheers to the six microphones, the sound was loud and clear, and the ANC blocked out noises like the dog barking and the TV. Also, the Pro 2 automatically pauses its noise cancellation feature during calls.
The battery life of the JBL Live Pro 2 earbuds is just amazing, which can last for up to 10 hours on a single charge. Yes, the earbuds have a battery life of 10 hours, which is impressive for a pair of wireless earbuds. Apple AirPods Pro, on the other hand, have a battery life of only four and a half hours, which is less than half that of the Live Pro 2.
Note that you can only get such long battery life if you turn off the noise cancellation feature. Even with standard noise cancellation turned on, you’ll get an impressive 8 hours of playback time. The case can charge the earbuds for about 3 times and adds an additional 30 hours of battery life.
Just 15 minutes of charging time will give you up to four hours of listening time out of these earbuds. You can charge the earbuds using the Type-C cable given in the box or even a wireless charging pad.
The JBL Live Pro 2 earbuds come with Bluetooth 5.2 and are equipped with Google Fast Pair, which makes the process of pairing the earbuds to an Android phone as simple as possible. In my opinion, JBL’s mobile app is one of the best out there! It is available for iPhone and Android). It’s simple to use and offers a wide range of customisation options.
The EQ settings, for example. Sound is subjective, and this feature gives you the ability to adjust the EQ so that it better suits your style. The mobile app also includes a “Find My Buds” feature, as well as the option to turn on or off automatic noise cancellation and customise the earbud gestures.
Check Out: Sony WF-1000XM4 Review – Better Than AirPods
The JBL Live Pro 2 TWS buds, like any other set of earbuds, feature single-tap, double-tap, and tap-and-hold gestures for controlling different aspects. Answering your phone, pausing your music, and activating your virtual assistant are all possible with these gestures.
With the JBL Headphones app, you can use Amazon Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, or a virtual assistant of your choice without having to touch a single button on your phone. In addition, there is a feature that automatically pauses the music when you remove one of your earbuds.
The Pro 2 earbuds’ standout feature is multipoint connectivity, which lets you connect them to two devices at once. For instance, you can listen to music on your laptop while still being able to answer incoming calls on your smartphone.
The JBL Live Pro 2 improves on an already amazing product by providing a better build quality and a more reliable water resistance rating. As you can tell by reading this review, JBL Live Pro 2 earbuds are well worth the price tag because of their long battery life, excellent audio quality, and one of the best noise cancelling functionality.
Listening to music is a real pleasure thanks to their punchy sound and effective ANC. You’ll also find wireless charging, a dedicated equaliser for customising the sound, and an automatic feature that pauses/stops the music when you remove one of the earbuds.
Having said that, these earbuds are for you if you want to get a set of earbuds that both sound great and work well for a price that is within your budget.
Latest ReviewsView All
Tips & TricksView All
- Facebook verification is important for brands and public figures or anyone that separate themselves from the crowd and get the blue checkmark for authenticity. Here is a guide that will help you through the process of getting you page verified on Facebook.
- Telegram has announced its paid premium membership with the aim to help run the platform and develop it further. If users buy the premium membership of the platform they can get access to some of the new features that were not previously available.
- Most users are unaware of Instagram's "Your Activity" feature that keeps that of everything you do on the platform. The feature also lets you see the first ever post that you have liked on Instagram. And here is a guide to view the first post that you liked on Instagram.
- YouTube creators have seen a huge boom in the last couple of years. More and more creators are joining the platform to showcase their talent and build their audience. We have a few tips for all those creators out there that will help you gain more subscribers for your channel.
- The iOS 16 is all set to launch later this year and the Beta release of iOS 16 features the much-talked-about lock screen customizations. Now you can customize the clock font & color, add a depth effect to lock screen wallpapers, add widgets, and much more. Here is how to customize your iPhone lock screen…
First ImpressionsView All
- TWS market in India weighs heavier in the budget segment. Where people are looking to buy the best TWS under 2000 to 5000 rupee range. But I’m aware of the audiophiles out there in the country who are always looking to try out new experiences, money not being a bar. Now if you count yourself…
- Vivo has launched its latest contender in the market, which goes by the name Vivo T1x. Vivo isn’t usually associated with smartphones designed for gaming and performance, but that’s about to change with its T lineup of smartphones, which are specifically designed for gamers. The Vivo T1x and the Vivo T1 5G are both part…
- Google I/O is a yearly conference in Mountain View, California. With the I/O 2022, Google has launched the Android 13 for the public to use(beta version for selected users for now). Google has promised to bring us some noteworthy improvements to the technical stem of its software roots. Here are the best features you will…
- Tecno Pova 3 Summary Tecno has been doing really well under the Rs 10000 bracket in India. The company has launched several phones in past, some of which were really good. Following the trend, the brand has launched another budget phone in India, Tecno Pova 3. Tecno Pova 3 is the successor to the Tecno…
- iQOO Neo 6 Summary iQOO has always been known for its performance-centric phones which come at a very reasonable price. The iQOO Neo 6 is no different. It is the first Neo series phone to launch in India from iQOO. The phone packs a Snapdragon 870 chipset and up to 12GB of RAM for top-notch…