The P5L starts at a price of Rs. 5,199 and is the only Gionee phone to be available in 6 colour variants – Red, White, Black, Blue, Yellow and Gold. The phone has an internal storage of 16GB and can be expanded up to 128GB via a micro-SD card. The P5L uses Android 5.0 Lollipop and runs on a 1.3GHz quad-core processor with 1GB RAM.
- The sound quality is impressive.
- It is light to hold and looks very stylish.
- It has poor battery backup.
- It has frequent heating issues.
- It has only 1GB RAM.
- The internet is slow while browsing.
- It tends to hang.
The Gionee pioneer P5L is a great looking dual SIM phone with all the basic features of a smartphone and impressive sound quality.
Gionee Pioneer P5L has a 4.7 inch TFT LCD, with an 854 x 480 pixels screen resolution and 208PPI pixel density. The screen is quite reflective in normal daylight, let alone using it on an extremely sunny day. Just like the other Gionee phones, the Pioneer P5L displays all the settings options by dragging screen from the bottom to the top.
The P5L sizes up to 143.5mm x 72mm x 8.3mm for its length, breadth and height. It also weighs only 146g, which is quite light in the palms. The display inside your Gionee Pioneer P5L smartphone uses LCD IPS technology, and the screen comes with a resolution of 720 x 1280px (HD) for a screen diagonal of 5″ inches. Under the screen, the bottom has three capacitive buttons – home, back and recent. There is no fingerprint scanner on this phone.
The top of the screen has a front-facing 5MP camera, the earpiece and a proximity sensor. The right side of the plastic panel has the volume rocker buttons and the power button. On the back side is the rear 8MP camera with LED flash, and the Gionee company branding in the middle. At the top of the panel, there is the 3.5mm audio jack and the speaker grille at the bottom.
The Gionee Pioneer P5L mobile phone has a combination of one MediaTek MT6735 processor and one ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core with a 1.3 GHz clock speed. There have been some issues in terms of performance such as heating up of the device and lagging of the phone in case too many applications are open.
As for the graphics part, the Gionee Pioneer P5L uses the ARM Mali-T720 graphics card. The Gionee Pioneer P5L also works with the following 4G (LTE) networks and frequencies: B3 (1800), B40 (TDD 2300).
The device has two cameras – a front-facing 5MP camera and an 8MP rear camera. The front camera does a decent job at clicking selfies, whereas the rear camera has an LED flash with an f/2.4 aperture setting. A CMOS image sensor powers the 8 MP camera CMOS image sensor supporting a resolution of 3264 x 2448 Pixels and the front snapper.
Some other features that the camera includes are Touch focus, Face detection, continuous shooting mode, Digital zoom, Exposure compensation, HDR, Geotagging, White balance settings, Panorama, ISO settings and Scene mode.
The Gionee Pioneer P5L has a removable battery which is Li-Ion type with a full charge capacity of 2300 mAh. After testing, we found out that the battery drains quite quickly, and the phone would hang up if we tried multitasking. The phone would immediately restart which alone would drain the battery.
The Gionee Pioneer P5L faces direct competition from Panasonic Eluga Icon and Coolpad Note 3 which offer bigger screen size, higher battery capacity and better camera in a similar price range.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height5.65 inches
- Weight146.9 g
- ColorRed, White, Black, Blue, Yellow golden
- Width2.83 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size4.7 inches
- Display Resolution720 x 1280 pixels
- Pixel Density312 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio0.589
- CPUQuad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
- OSAndroid 5.1 (Lollipop) Amigo 3.1
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6582 (28 nm)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage16 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Single Camera8 MP
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity2300 mAh
- Talk TimeUp to 24 h (2G) / Up to 9 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableRemovable
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio
- SIMDual SIM
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2014, November
- StatusAvailable. Released 2014, November
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Gionee Pioneer P5L
Get the best price for Gionee Pioneer P5L
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare