The P5L starts at a price of Rs. 5,199 and is the only Gionee phone to be available in 6 colour variants – Red, White, Black, Blue, Yellow and Gold. The phone has an internal storage of 16GB and can be expanded up to 128GB via a micro-SD card. The P5L uses Android 5.0 Lollipop and runs on a 1.3GHz quad-core processor with 1GB RAM.
- The sound quality is impressive.
- It is light to hold and looks very stylish.
- It has poor battery backup.
- It has frequent heating issues.
- It has only 1GB RAM.
- The internet is slow while browsing.
- It tends to hang.
The Gionee pioneer P5L is a great looking dual SIM phone with all the basic features of a smartphone and impressive sound quality.
Gionee Pioneer P5L has a 4.7 inch TFT LCD, with an 854 x 480 pixels screen resolution and 208PPI pixel density. The screen is quite reflective in normal daylight, let alone using it on an extremely sunny day. Just like the other Gionee phones, the Pioneer P5L displays all the settings options by dragging screen from the bottom to the top.
The P5L sizes up to 143.5mm x 72mm x 8.3mm for its length, breadth and height. It also weighs only 146g, which is quite light in the palms. The display inside your Gionee Pioneer P5L smartphone uses LCD IPS technology, and the screen comes with a resolution of 720 x 1280px (HD) for a screen diagonal of 5″ inches. Under the screen, the bottom has three capacitive buttons – home, back and recent. There is no fingerprint scanner on this phone.
The top of the screen has a front-facing 5MP camera, the earpiece and a proximity sensor. The right side of the plastic panel has the volume rocker buttons and the power button. On the back side is the rear 8MP camera with LED flash, and the Gionee company branding in the middle. At the top of the panel, there is the 3.5mm audio jack and the speaker grille at the bottom.
The Gionee Pioneer P5L mobile phone has a combination of one MediaTek MT6735 processor and one ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core with a 1.3 GHz clock speed. There have been some issues in terms of performance such as heating up of the device and lagging of the phone in case too many applications are open.
As for the graphics part, the Gionee Pioneer P5L uses the ARM Mali-T720 graphics card. The Gionee Pioneer P5L also works with the following 4G (LTE) networks and frequencies: B3 (1800), B40 (TDD 2300).
The device has two cameras – a front-facing 5MP camera and an 8MP rear camera. The front camera does a decent job at clicking selfies, whereas the rear camera has an LED flash with an f/2.4 aperture setting. A CMOS image sensor powers the 8 MP camera CMOS image sensor supporting a resolution of 3264 x 2448 Pixels and the front snapper.
Some other features that the camera includes are Touch focus, Face detection, continuous shooting mode, Digital zoom, Exposure compensation, HDR, Geotagging, White balance settings, Panorama, ISO settings and Scene mode.
The Gionee Pioneer P5L has a removable battery which is Li-Ion type with a full charge capacity of 2300 mAh. After testing, we found out that the battery drains quite quickly, and the phone would hang up if we tried multitasking. The phone would immediately restart which alone would drain the battery.
The Gionee Pioneer P5L faces direct competition from Panasonic Eluga Icon and Coolpad Note 3 which offer bigger screen size, higher battery capacity and better camera in a similar price range.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height5.65 inches
- Weight146.9 g
- ColorRed, White, Black, Blue, Yellow golden
- Width2.83 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Display Size4.5 inch to 4.75 inch
- Screen Size4.7 inches
- Display Resolution720 x 1280 pixels
- Pixel Density312 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio0.589
- CPUQuad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
- OSAndroid 5.1 (Lollipop) Amigo 3.1
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6582 (28 nm)
- RAM1 GB RAM
- Storage16 GB
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage16 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Single Camera8 MP
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity2300 mAh
- Talk TimeUp to 24 h (2G) / Up to 9 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableRemovable
- Battery Capacity2200 mAh to 2400 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio
- SIMDual SIM
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2014, November
- StatusAvailable. Released 2014, November
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Gionee Pioneer P5L
Get the best price for Gionee Pioneer P5L
- Comparison: Apple iPhone 11 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 LiteThu, 20 Feb'20The newly arrived Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite has been taking over the budget flagships category, where it takes on the OnePlus 7T, the ROG Phone 2 and the iPhone 11. But the most interesting topic that the people are confused about is “How Does it Compare to Apple’s iPhone 11”, and that’s what we will…
- How To Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android To iOSWed, 19 Feb'20Source: Youtube One of the main reasons we have seen people switching from Android to iOS is because of the fact that iPhones from Apple are just a complete package overall. If we look at the Android side of things, it is no longer the case that Android phones, especially the flagships that used to…
- Best Android One Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowWed, 19 Feb'20When you are out in the market for a new smartphone you expect the new smartphone should come with the least possible bloatware so that it can deliver the maximum performance. Right now this is only possible with Pixel devices from Google that offers clean stock Android version with no third-party app installed. And that’s…
- Galaxy A70e Renders Leaked!Tue, 18 Feb'20It seems Samsung is about to launch the successor to the Galaxy A70s by the name of Galaxy A70e. A few renders of the A70e have leaked and are doing the rounds on the internet. The leaks are courtesy of the famous leaker @OnLeaks. Based on information from him and the leaked renders, the phone…
- The Best Smartphones You Can Buy In India In 2020Mon, 17 Feb'20Smartphones and gadgets play an important role in one’s life in the current generations. One tends to use them for work, for casual usage, for gaming, media consumption, and whatnot. Life without a phone even for a day is like, life without food for a month. While there are a variety of phones available in…
- Samsung Galaxy S20 First ImpressionsMon, 17 Feb'20Samsung has launched a new trio of phones in the Galaxy S20 Series for the year 2020, these include the Galaxy S20, the S20 Plus and the Galaxy S20 Ultra with that hybrid 100x zooming capabilities. But that is not we will be focussing on here, while most of the people will be buying the…
- iQoo 3 AnTuTu Benchmark Scores Better Than iPhone 11?!Mon, 17 Feb'20The iQoo 3 is expected to launch in India on February 25th, the same day as its debut in China. It’ll also mark the entry of iQOO in India. The iQOO 3 is about to become India’s first Snapdragon 865 and 5G support. It’s expected to be a quick and powerful phone. This is now…
- OnePlus 8 Finally Shows Up On GeekbenchFri, 14 Feb'20A device with the codename IN2025 has gone through Geekbench and this might be the vanilla OnePlus 8. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 865 chipset (“kona”) just like the OnePlus 8 Pro, and therefore the Geekbench score of both the devices is similar. But notice the RAM – it’s 8GB while the professional model packed…
- Realme X50 Pro 5G To Have 65W(!) Fast ChargingFri, 14 Feb'20Since MWC has been canceled, Realme is holding a web launch event for the X50 Pro 5G on February 24. Earlier it was alleged to take the wraps off it in Barcelona at the conference. The phone has now been confirmed by Realme to have 65W fast charging, which uses the recently trademarked SuperDart brand.…
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro In ChinaThu, 13 Feb'20Xiaomi has finally launched the Mi 10 in China, which is a successor to the Mi 9 smartphone. The 5G device ships with the newest Android 10 OS. Read also: Redmi 8A Dual Launched in India Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications and Features The latest Xiaomi Mi 10 features a curved 6.7-inch AMOLED display with 1,120…
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare