Honor 9A is the latest addition to the Honor 9 series by the Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei. The smartphone was launched on 29th April 2020. The device packs the MediaTek Helio P22 chipset along with a massive 5,000mAh battery. With an old-school waterdrop notch, there is also a triple rear camera setup. The design is simple but Honor 9A can prove as a great budget smartphone.
Honor 9A Price in India
Honor 9A is a budget segment smartphone with a very affordable price tag. Honor 9A is launched in Russia and China starting at the price of 899 Yuan (129$) for the 4GB + 64GB storage variant and 1199 Yuan (169$) for the 4GB + 128GB storage variant. Honor 9A will be available in three colours: Green, Black and Blue. The price and availability in India is still not confirmed. Honor 9A price in India is expected to start for Rs.10,999.
With very competitive pricing, Honor 9A is set to attract beginners and budget smartphone buyers.
The Honor 9A gets an impressive 5,000mAh battery along with a multi-lens camera system. With a decent powertrain, the device has a lot to offer to the customers.
- Large 5000 mAh battery
- Inexpensive mid-budget phone (starting from Rs 10,990 in India)
- No Google Play services (only Huawei services)
- No Type C charger (uses micro USB)
- No earphones available with the box
- Fast charging not available (as there is only a 10W adapter)
The Honor 9A is a device worth considering as it fulfils all the requirements that we can expect from a pocket-friendly smartphone.
Honor 9A smartphone has an IPS LCD display without a gorilla glass protection. The screen measures 6.3 inches with a typical waterdrop notch. The screen has a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels, a good feature for this price range. The display has a 278 PPI pixel density. It has an aspect ratio of 20:9 and screen-to-body ratio of 81.44 %.
Honor 9A is equipped with the selfie camera in a waterdrop notch display. The rear panel includes a double camera setup. It measures 159 mm x 74 mm x 9 mm and weighs 185 grams. The phone is packed with a big frame as it houses a large 5000 mAh battery. The phone also consists of a 3.5 mm audio jack for earphone plugin. The phone also has a fingerprint sensor on the rear end, instead of an in-screen fingerprint sensor which is commonly used in other smartphones in the market.
The phone is currently available in 3 colours- Blue Water Emerald, Jasper Green and Dark Night Black.
Honor 9A is powered by the Mediatek Helio P22 chipset with a clock speed of 2.4Ghz. Honor 9A runs MagicUI 3.0.1 based on Android 10. The version of the GPU is PowerVR GE8320. On the memory front, it is packed with 64GB of inbuilt storage with expandable storage up to 512 GB using microSD with a dedicated slot. There is also the option of a variant with 128 GB internal storage. Both the variants possess 4GB of RAM.
The Honor 9A is a dual-SIM smartphone that will accept Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. Connectivity features in the smartphone include WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Volte, NFC and more. The audio of the device is also notable, with a strong audio output with decent clarity without much distortion or noise. It also boasts of a strong speaker system with up to 88 dB of sound intensity with music.
On the camera front, the buyers get an 8 MP f/2.0 Primary Camera and on the rear, there’s a 13MP + 5MP + 2MP camera. The cameras come with HDR support and LED flash and panorama flash. Some of the extra features include Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face detection, Touch to focus among others. The 8 MP Selfie camera also includes HDR support. Another notable feature is the ability of the selfie camera to shoot 1080p resolution videos at 30 fps.
Honor 9A is home to a non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery. The box is also equipped with a 10W charger. It does not include a Type C cable, as it instead uses the micro USB cable.
The latest addition to the budget smartphone range, the Honor 9A is a decent mid-budget smartphone available at a pocket-friendly price. The phone is not an extra ordinally good performer but also not an underperformer nonetheless. It is a decent product with an array of features providing a good value for money.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Back Camera13 MP
- Front Camera8 MP
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height6.26 inches
- Weight185 g
- ColorBlack, Blue, Green
- BuildGlass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Width2.92 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.3 inches
- Display Resolution720 x 1600 pixels
- Aspect Ratio20:9
- Pixel Density278 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio81.3%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53, 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- OSAndroid 10, Magic UI 3.1
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6762R Helio P22 (12 nm)
- GPUPowerVR GE8320
- Expandable MemorymicroSDXC (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64GB 3GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Triple Camera13 MP, f/1.8, (wide)5 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity5000 mAh battery
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio built-in antenna
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Announced On2020, April 29
- StatusAvailable. Released 2020, May 04
- How To Remove Virus From Android Phone – 3 Easy Steps!Thu, 28 May'20While Android makes Smartphones more accessible to people, it is claimed to be more vulnerable to attacks and viruses. If you own an Android phone and feel that your smartphone is acting abnormally then there is a chance that it is infected by a virus or malware that is resulting in unexpected behavior. Most users tend to factory reset their smartphones when such situations arise, and this results in massive data loss. However, there are multiple other ways of dealing with this problem and you can effectively remove viruses from your Android smartphone without performing a Factory Reset and this article shows you how to do it.
- For most users switching between multiple phones on a regular basis can be a complete pain, not only do you have to ensure that all your data is backed up, but you also have to find different ways to transfer your accounts and make sure all your favorite apps get reinstalled again when you make a switch. Most reviewers do this on an extremely regular basis as we switch from one smartphone to the other in the pursuit of the ultimate best, we use some of the below-mentioned tools that come handy during the switch
- How To Share Location On WhatsApp!Wed, 27 May'20We have all probably been in a situation where we go out with friends in a crowded place such as a mall, park or an exhibition center and get lost in it. These are situations where it would be very helpful if we could find the location of our friends and navigate our way to them. Luckily, WhatsApp comes with an option that allows you to share your location or your live location to a single user or a group of users.
- Best Smartphones Under 15000Wed, 27 May'20There are a number of smartphones available in the different segments but when it comes to choose one and buy for someone or suggest to someone, we all get totally confused especially, when someone asks to suggest the best smartphones under 15000. This is because in the mid-range segment there are so many brands and…
- For some unknown reasons we often come across laptops without a good quality webcam, even Apple’s own MacBook line up has an average webcam. While the webcam in most laptops might be enough for average users, it might look bad if you have an important meet or a live stream that is viewed by multiple people. Luckily, iPhones and most modern Android smartphones come with good front and rear cameras, however, in most cases the applications we use on our laptops might not be available for the smartphones in the form of an app or we need to be on the Laptop for some specific tasks. If you find yourself in this situation, this guide is for you
- Best Smartphones With Snapdragon 865 Processor!Tue, 26 May'20Snapdragon 865 SoC was first announced at Qualcomm Annual Tech Summit, this 5G exclusive chipset is the successor to the Snapdragon 855 and 855+. This new chipset upgrades the prime and performance cores to new Cortex-A77 based architecture offering a 25% performance improvement and 25% improvement in power efficiency. This new chipset also brings support for LPDDR5 RAM and Dolby Vision and HGL support making the smartphones very capable. The SoC allows manufacturers to make phones with up to 200MP sensor and supports 8K recording in 30FPS. The GPU has also seen a 25% performance improvement and 35% power efficiency improvement. The Snapdragon 865 still doesn’t come with an integrated 5G modem and claims better power efficiency while using 4G networks compared to the previous generation chipset.
- How To Stop Android Apps Running In The Background!Mon, 25 May'20Android is one of the most used mobile operating systems and works across multiple devices including phones, tablets, TVs, Watches, and more. However, the most widespread adoption of Android is seen in smartphones. It is common for the third party installed applications on Android to keep running in the background despite being closed by the user, this results in a lot of performance and battery drain. The best way to prevent this is to keep a check on the background apps running on your smartphone and put them to sleep or uninstall them if not required. There are manual and automated ways of doing this and we will be covering both the ways in this article.
- How To Know If You Are Blocked On WhatsApp!Sun, 24 May'20WhatsApp is the most used instant messaging service in the market right now, this platform was acquired by Facebook in 2014 and has continued to grow and acquire a massive chunk of users. WhatsApp is used by people across all ages and it is common that almost every smartphone user has a WhatsApp account. If you are unable to send a WhatsApp message to a user then either the user has uninstalled the application from their phone or might have blocked you, here’s how to find out.
- WhatsApp is undoubtedly the biggest instant messaging platform in the world right now, this application was acquired by Facebook for a price of $19 Billion way back in 2014. There has been a massive list of updates to the application ever since introducing new features and improving existing ones. WhatsApp added the ability to recall or delete an already sent message a very long time ago now, we will now give it a look to understand the process.
- How To Share A Google Calendar: A Step-By-Step Guide!Mon, 18 May'20Google Calendar is one of the most used online digital calendars, it comes with multiple options and has cross-platform support. Google Calendar also allows you to share your calendar with a specific user or make it public for others to view and make an appointment. The process is extremely easy to set up and after successful setup, you will be able to share your Google Calendar with other users.
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scorePoco F2 ProAdd to compare
- 7.5spec scoreTecno Spark 5Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Mi Note 10 LiteAdd to compare
- 8.1spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSony Xperia 10 IIAdd to compare
- 7.5spec scoreRealme Narzo 10A₹8,499Add to compare
- 7spec scoreOnePlus ZAdd to compare
- Google Pixel 4aAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreRealme Narzo 10₹11,999Add to compare