How To Send DM On Instagram Using A Laptop Or PC
Sending a DM to someone on Instagram through your PC or laptop has now become super-easy with this excellent guide. Here we have listed a few different methods that can enable this functionality of your system.
Highlights of the Story
- Sending or Replying to DMs from your laptop is not that difficult.
- You can use native apps from the Microsoft app store for Windows 10.
- Or there are many third-party apps that enable this functionality.
- Instagram now officially supports sending DMs from the website as well which is the easiest of all methods.
We spend most of our time working on a laptop and wouldn’t it be great if we can simply reply to Instagram DMs from our Laptop itself? Here is a comprehensive guide covers all the different ways and their respective steps in detail to help you text on Instagram on your Windows 10 or macOS system.
Also Read: How To Recover Deleted Photos On Android?
Method 1: Using Instagram App for Windows 10
If your system runs on the latest Windows 10, then you don’t even need your browser to access Instagram. The official Instagram app is available in the Microsoft App Store, which comes pre-installed on every Windows 10 device. Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Open the Microsoft Store and search for ‘Instagram’ in the search bar. Or access it directly from here.
Step 2: Click on ‘Get‘ button to start installing it on your Windows system
Step 3: Now sign in using your Instagram login credentials. And you are good to go.
Step 5: After this is done, you can access the Instagram App application and use it to text your friends right from your app drawer or the Start menu.
Method 2: Use Instagram on PC via BlueStacks
BlueStacks is quite a popular Android emulator for computers running on Windows (it likewise works on macOS), and that too for free. Through the BlueStacks emulator, Android applications can be accessed on your Windows/Mac system.
Step 1: You need to download and set up BlueStacks emulator on your Windows/macOS machine.
Step 2: Once done you can directly install the Android version of Instagram using the app store in BlueStacks.
Step 3: Now you can sign in
To check your messages, click on the bolt symbol and head to the discussion area to see the messages.
Method 3: Using IG:dm Messenger
Like the name suggests, IG:dm is a messaging app that allows its users to access their Instagram DMs. All the user needs to do is to download the application for their systems, be it Windows, a Mac or Linux. Then sign in with their Instagram account credentials. After this, the user is able to send and receive direct messages, pictures, and emoticons other than the feature of liking the texts utilizing the two tap option.
The application additionally provides its users with several different highlights such as debilitating read receipts, an alternative to storing pictures and recordings locally, and much more.
Download ID:dm app from here for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Method 4: Using the Chrome Web Extension
You can also add the “App for Instagram with DM” extension in your Chrome browser that allows you to send texts directly from your laptop or computer. Similar to the same original application, it provides the option to unsend messages as well. To setup the extension follow these steps:
Step 1: Open Chrome Web Store and lookup for “Direct Message for Instagram.” or directly visit the extension from here.
Step 2: Click on the option Add to Chrome.
Step 3: Once added, you simply need to sign in to your Instagram web.
Step 4: A small circular colored icon symbol will show up on the upper right corner which, when clicked, will take you to the window where you can see every chat of yours.
Step 5: While it gets all fundamental alternatives including the capacity to send text, emojis, you, however, can’t send GIFs and stickers yet.
Also Read: How To Add Music To Instagram Stories!
Method 5: Using Instagram’s Official Website
Instagram recently launched the DMs feature for its website. You can simply access your Instagram DMs and reply to them by performing these simple steps:
Step 1: Go to Instagram.com on your browser.
Step 2: Login to your account by entering the credentials.
Step 3: When you are logged in, click on the DM button present on the top right corner of the screen.
That’s it! You can now reply and send messages on Instagram.
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.