How to take good photos from your smartphone
Mobile photography has come a long way, where you don’t need a DSLR for capturing great quality images and the phone in your pocket is capable of doing the same. Flagships from Samsung or Apple have some of the best cameras that can give you stunning images.
A prime example of how far mobile photography has come is that now even movies are shot using smartphones. The movie ‘Unsane’, directed by Steven Soderbergh was shot on an iPhone 7 Plus in 4K using an app called FiLMiC Pro.
You can click fairly good pictures using your smartphone, with just a little bit of assistance. Which is why we’re here, to help you take great portrait, landscape and action photos. Be a pro in no time, following these easy tips:
The tiny movements in your hands and arms that make your images blurry is called ‘Camera Shake’. The end result is images with incorrect focusing which ruins the image. How to reduce camera shake?
– Use a Tripod. It helps sharpen the images taken and provides a stable platform for your smartphone to rest.
– Bring your elbows in and rest them on your stomach/chest. This will act as a manual tripod.
Rule of Thirds
According to Wikipedia, Rule of Thirds is a guideline which states that an image should be imagined as divided into nine equal parts by two equally spaced horizontal lines and two equally-spaced vertical lines, and those important compositional elements should be placed along these lines. This can be achieved by opening the camera app and toggling Grid Switch on.
HDR (High dynamic range) is a common feature found on most phones. Turning HDR increases the range of luminance, resulting in better quality photos with more detail and dynamic range.
Lighting is the most important part of portrait photography or photography in general, be it a smartphone or a professional camera. When the conditions are well lit, the images taken produce great results.
Focus On Subject
Focusing on your subject’s eyes usually creates a very dramatic portrait photograph that captures their personality and their true self.
Various image editing apps available on both Apple App Store and Google Play Store which are very useful in enhancing your images. The following are our top 5 picks of image editing apps that you can use –
– Adobe Photoshop Express/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC
– PicsArt Photo Studio
Good photos from a mobile phone are no big deal in 2018, and we are just beginning to scratch the surface of what these devices can do. Mobile cameras are learning how to click better pictures and increasingly becoming smarter because of AI, and this is just the start. The future looks extremely well lit!
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…