HTC Wildfire X is being touted as a comeback phone of HTC. Priced at a low mid-range Rs 9,999, the phone does not look great and is not a phone that HTC fans are looking forward to.
The phone is not a value-for-money handset. It arrives with a low-end display and a low-tier processor. The battery is small and lacks enough fuel as well. It is not a phone recommended for any mid-range user and neither for budget phone users, because of its inflated price.
HTC Wildfire X does not come with a look that can grab your eyes. It has a few pros and cons:
- It is compact and looks minimalistic.
- The cameras on this phone are quite okay.
- It has a USB Type-C port
- The phone has a very simplistic and unattractive look.
- HTC Wildfire X has a slow fingerprint scanner and face unlock.
- HTC Wildfire X arrives with a low-end processor which cannot handle many applications simultaneously
- The HTC Wildfire X comes with a weak battery pack that might run out before the day ends.
As a comeback phone, the HTC Wildfire X is poor. It is not a recommended model.
The comeback phone of HTC, HTC Wildfire X struggles to keep up with its competitors with its weak processor, battery, and display matched with a comparatively high price.
HTC Wildfire X arrives with a 6.22-inch HD+ screen. At this price range, a FullHD screen was expected. The phone has a thick bottom and top bezel, which makes it less immersive and very dated. The resolution on this set is stuck at poor 720×1520 pixels. The display is bright but not very vibrant. You will not get a very immersive and colourful experience with this phone.
The HTC Wildfire X comes with the dimensions of 156.70 x 74.90 x 7.95mm. It has a moderate weight of 160 grams. It is of a plastic build and has a very simple look. It will not attract you at all. The phone does have a USB Type-C port and a headphone jack which is a plus point. However, as a comeback phone, the look of HTC Wildfire X does not have the necessary punch. Plus, the design is a smudge attractor. On the rear panel, the phone holds the fingerprint scanner along with a vertically stacked camera module.
HTC Wildfire X gets its power from a low-tier MediaTek Helio P22 processor, clocked at 2GHz. It’s an inferior processor, and you can find such a processor in budget phones. As a result, the performance of the phone is quite weak and stuttery. You can play low-end games like Subway Surfer on this phone, but high-end games can suffer from frame rate drops. Plus, you cannot run multiple tasks on this phone since it can result in freezing of the phone applications. The fingerprint scanner on this phone is quite slow. There is Face Unlock too, but it turns out to be slow and extremely inaccurate.
Regarding the cameras, the HTC Wildfire X packs a rear 12MP primary camera, an 8MP camera and a 5 MP camera. Along with that, it has an 8MP selfie camera. The cameras are on this phone is quite similar to budget phones and nowhere near ‘mid-range’ phones. The photos may turn out to be decent, but it won’t have the high details or vibrancy expected from a mid-range phone. Plus, you cannot click portraits on the selfie camera. Hence, you miss out on the bokeh effect.
HTC Wildfire X gets its power from the 3,300 mAh battery. The battery is inferior since the standard battery in the market is 4000 mAh. The phone may not keep chugging for a whole day with moderate use. So, you should always keep your charger nearby.
HTC Wildfire X is an inferior phone and stands weak in the competition that it arrives. The phone has all the budget requirements but comes at the mid-range price. Thus, it is quite overpriced considering the specifications that it is providing. Overall, this phone is a poor comeback handset and not a recommended model for any user.
- Bluetooth4.1, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.17 inches
- Weight160 g
- ColorSapphire Blue
- Width2.95 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.2 inches
- Pixel Density271 ppi
- Display Resolution720 x 1520 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:09
- Screen to Body Ratio81.70%
- CPUOcta-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- GPUPowerVR GE8320
- OSAndroid 9 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32GB 3GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Triple Camera12 MP, (wide), 1.25 micron8 MP, (telephoto), 2x optical zoom5 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3300 mAh
- ChargingBattery charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Announced On2019, August
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, August
Price / Buy
Get the best price for HTC Wildfire X
- Best SHAREit Alternatives For File Sharing In India!Thu, 2 Jul'20Just a few days ago a notification was released saying that the Government of India has banned a total of 59 Chinese apps in India amidst rising border tensions between China and India, this move was also pushed ahead based on the privacy concerns on these Chinese apps that have allegedly stolen data from Indian users in the past. SHAREit is one such important app in the list of 59 apps that has a large user base, the app is mainly used to share files between users easily. Luckily, we have a lot of apps now that offer similar functionality that is relatively safer than SHAREit and is not banned in India.
- TikTok was one of the biggest and easiest short video sharing platforms and comes with its own set of editing features making it very easy for the content creators to quickly make and publish their content. In a surprising but well-supported move, the government of India has banned 59 apps from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, TikTok is one of the important apps in the list and this has stirred up a lot of users. This has led to a lot of uncertainty among the community about which platform to shift to, given the ban on TikTok in India. Here are the best alternatives for TikTok that work well in India
- Document scanning applications have been an important part of the Google Play Store and Apple App Store for a while and help in simplifying the scanning tasks. CamScanner was one such important application in the App Stores that allowed a simple way of scanning documents, however, this app has been amidst many privacy issues. Added to the prior concerns, the Indian government has now decided to ban CamScanner and 58 other Chinese apps that might be unsafe for Indian users. In this article, we list out the best alternatives to the CamScanner app that are still available for download in India.
- OnePlus NORD pre-orders in India soonThu, 2 Jul'20OnePlus NORD is going to be the first model in the company’s newly created “affordable smartphone line”.
- Smartphone gaming has seen a steady rise in the past few years with new games only increasing the need for more powerful processors. We see very capable processors in smartphones these days, some of which are as powerful if not more than many basic laptop and desktop computers. These smartphones are a result of extreme research and development being done on the smartphone chipsets that have resulted in such increased performance.
- How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!Tue, 30 Jun'20Alexa is a smart voice assistant from Amazon and supports a lot of commands. It also supports controlling of smart home appliances and other compatible products. Alexa can also give you updates on weather or even play a song from Amazon music for you using just a voice command. Alexa is available on Amazon Echo devices and uses advanced far-field technology to capture voices from far away. Alexa was available in English when it was launched and later grew to support many regional languages. Here’s how to change Alexa Language to Hindi if you want to give native commands.
- What Is Amazon Pay Later And How To Avail It!Mon, 29 Jun'20Amazon has been in the Indian market for a very long time now and had already introduced the Amazon Pay service in India back in September 2018. Amazon also operates a Credit Card in partnership with ICICI Bank under the name of Amazon Pay and offers flat 5% cashback on all Amazon purchases made using the card for prime members. Amazon Pay has been a wallet service allowing users to load gift cards as Amazon Pay balance and use it for future purchases on the Amazon India website. The Later suffix means exactly what it sounds and offers a post-paid service to the existing offering.
- How To Upload Music To YouTube Music Library!Sun, 28 Jun'20YouTube Music is one of the most capable streaming services right now with an enormous library of content ranging from official uploads, music videos, covers, and concert recordings. In an unlikely scenario that you don’t find the music that you are looking for, you can also upload it to YouTube’s music streaming library and then easily access it from any of your devices. This allows you to upload any particular song that is not available on the YouTube platform and make sure it is available on all the platforms for your convenience.
- How To Remove Duplicate Songs From YouTube Playlists!Sat, 27 Jun'20YouTube is perhaps the biggest video and audio streaming service in the world right now, the Google-owned video streaming service hosts billions of hours of content from millions of creators. YouTube is inarguably the largest library of songs and has a mix of official, unofficial, and personal content. While the service outperforms all the competitors in terms of quality, app design, and overall experience, the YouTube music feature still feels a little half-baked with no proper playlist support and unable to identify duplicate items in the playlist.
- YouTube is the biggest platform for content creators and has people uploading new videos in different niches every day. Tech is one such niche that is heavily crowded and has more content creators than perhaps any other niche. If you are looking for any tech-related content then it is very likely you will be bombarded by videos from multiple users and it might become a very difficult task to decide which one to watch and home to trust. Luckily, there are a few reliable and trust YouTube content creators in India and across that world who have been in this profession for a long time now and offer some reliable and trustworthy content that you can stand by.
- 7spec scoreOnePlus ZAdd to compare
- Google Pixel 4aAdd to compare
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999Add to compare
- Nokia 5310₹3,399Add to compare
- Realme X3₹24,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO Find X2₹64,990Add to compare
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy A21s₹16,498Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M01₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreRealme X3 SuperZoom₹27,999Add to compare