Huawei P50 and P50 Pro Might Feature Snapdragon Chips
The P50 series may feature Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 875 chipset.
Highlights of the Story
- US government grants Qualcomm a license to trade with Huawei.
- The series might be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 SoC.
- This SoC could launch in 2021.
Huawei is still struggling with its tough time because of the heavy restrictions by the US government. Currently, the manufacturer is unable to manufacture its Kirin processors and use Google services. Moreover, ARM and TSMC also shut-out from supplying components to Huawei for use in its HiSilicon chipsets.
However, this can change very soon, if reports are true. According to a report in Chinese media, the US government has granted Qualcomm a license to trade with Huawei.
Until now, Huawei has never used its rival’s processors to equip its top of the range, especially since its processors are designed to take full advantage of the hardware and software present in its devices.
However, this can be the first time that it will have to choose the alternative. It looks like Huawei P50 may even be the first flagship of the brand to arrive with Qualcomm’s processor, the Snapdragon 875.
Additionally, there are already many rumors that point to the possibility of seeing a new variant of the Mate 40 equipped with the Snapdragon 865+ or even the SD875 arriving.
Also Read: PUBG Mobile Could Return To India Soon
However, there is no evidence that they will soon be able to use Google services and applications again.
The timing of the license agreement could be crucial for Huawei. It currently has no chip supplier for its Mate and P-series smartphones.
Neither Qualcomm nor Huawei have officially commented on the matter yet though.
Also read: Compare Mobile Phones
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…