iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 11: Worth The Upgrade?
Both iPhone 13 and iPhone 11 are pretty great phones that Apple has to offer. They offer great performance for everyday use and a better camera system than most phones out there. But it is difficult to choose one so here’s a comparison between the two devices.
Table Of Contents
- 1Design: iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 11
Highlights of the Story
- The iPhone 13 is the latest flagship the Apple has to offer with 5G, improved cameras the device certainly has won many hearts.
- While the iPhone 11 may be a bit older with the A13 Bionic chip it certainly offers powerful performance and decent camera capabilities.
- If you can’t decide which one to buy here’s a comparison that can help you.
If you are wondering is it worth upgrading to the iPhone 13 from your iPhone 11 or you are planning to get into Apple’s ecosystem and the pricing of iPhone 11 looks lucrative, a detailed comparison is just what you need. Here in this comparison, you will see why iPhone 13 includes a number of worthwhile improvements such as a more powerful processor, a brighter display, longer battery life, and much more capable cameras. While the iPhone 11 after 2 years of its initial release is still a much better offering than most Android smartphones out there.
Let’s compare the two devices in various aspects such as design, camera, battery life, and performance. This will give you the tools to decide whether you should choose the iPhone 11 or the more expensive iPhone 13.
Design: iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 11
The iPhone 13 has some very significant design differences compared to the iPhone 11. Compare to iPhone 11 the iPhone 13 has a notch which is now 20% smaller which provides a bit more screen real estate. And similar to the iPhone 12 the iPhone 13 has a ceramic shield display that protects it from screen damage if you drop the phone.
Apple has also introduced a new flat edge design that we have seen in the iPhone 12 series while the iPhone 11 has that rounded edges design which is honestly more comfortable to hold. Both the phones have a dual-camera setup and the iPhone 11 has two lenses placed vertically while the iPhone 13 has the worst camera placed diagonally. In terms of overall device weight, the iPhone 11 weighs 194 games iPhone 13 will be 174g which is 20g lighter than its predecessor.
If you compare the dimensions the 6.1-inch iPhone 13 is much sleeker compared to the iPhone 11. The older iPhone 11 is 5.9 x 3 x 0.33 inches and 6.84 ounces while the newer iPhone 13 measures 5.8 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches and weighs 6.14 ounces.
If colour happens to be a major factor when you are deciding to purchase a new smartphone you have 6 choices with the iPhone 11 while with the iPhone 13 you’ll only have 5 colour choices. Now, let’s compare the hardware in detail.
Hardware: iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 11
The iPhone 13 has the latest A15 Bionic chipset while the iPhone 11 is powered by the A13 Bionic chip. The 2 generation old chipset is still plenty fast and capable of providing excellent performance, most of the users won’t even notice the difference in speed and therefore the iPhone 11 will be more than good enough.
The 5nm A15 bionic chip vastly outperforms the 7nm A13 when it comes to graphic-intensive tasks like gaming and video editing. But if that’s not on your checklist the iPhone 11 offers great performance for everyday use. The most significant performance boost comes in with the 16-core neural engine that is present in iPhone 13 which features double neural cores compared to the iPhone 11. This contributes to everything from image signal processing to the Live Text camera feature that comes with iOS 15.
The iPhone 13 display is completely overkill compared to the LCD display on the iPhone 13 although the display size is the same 6.1 inches for both devices. The iPhone features a Liquid Retina IPS LCD display with a resolution of 828 x 1792 pixels which is not even Full HD display. While the iPhone 13 features the Super Retina XDR OLED display that supports HDR 10.
The iPhone 13 also boasts a significant improvement in battery life. On average you get 2 hours more Screen-on-time with the iPhone 13 compared to the iPhone 11. Both phones are compatible with Qi wireless charging and MagSafe charging at 20W. The fast charging speed is also the same for both, as Apple provides the same 20W charging capability for both devices.
You also get the IP68 water resistance so there’s nothing to worry about if you decide to take the phone out for a swim with you. However, you should note that the iPhone 13 has a bit stronger water resistance rating it can go up to 6 meters as opposed to only 2 meters of iPhone 11.
Camera: iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 11
Camera performance is where the iPhone 13 truly stands out compared to the iPhone 11. The new ultrawide sensor captures 47 % more light and the 12-megapixel wide-angle camera has sensor-shift image stabilization, which was found previously only in the iPhone 12 Pro Max. In addition, the iPhone 13 also has a wide aperture of f/1.6 compared to f/1.8 of iPhone 11. So you can expect excellent low-light camera performance.
The best feature in iPhone 13 is probably the Cinematic Mode which dynamically shifts focus and also allows you to change focus in post video production. The iPhone 13 video quality is also better as it supports Dolby Vision for better colour reporduction and contrast.
If you are not interested in taking super artsy photos and cinematic videos then you will be most satisfied with the perfectly functional camera of the iPhone 11. But if this is a certain necessity and interest for you, it is worth thinking about investing your money in the iPhone 13 which offers excellent camera performance.
Software: iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 11
In terms of software, both iPhone 13 and iPhone 11 run the latest iOS 15. Thanks to Apple for providing such regular and timely updates when it comes to features. With the new iOS 15 you get features such as focus mode that can quite distracting notifications, an upgraded maps app, welcome changes notes, and other inbuilt apps, and also Live Text where you can copy-paste any text from any image. Overall in terms of software experience both the devices offer similar experience.
Conclusion: iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 11
The iPhone 13 does have a significant difference when it comes to performance compared to the iPhone 11 which is quite enough with the additional improvements to make it worth upgrading. The main features that you should focus on are 5G connectivity, a brighter modern OLED display and enhanced primary and ultra-wide cameras. In addition, some exciting camera features like cinematic mode and a better night mode are also something to look out for in the iPhone 13. Also, the basic storage variant of the iPhone 13 starts at 128GB which is also a very welcome change.
If you are looking to experience all the pro-level features then iPhone 13 will keep you more engaged and will handle anything you throw at it. But if you are looking to choose between the two and looking for a bargain then obviously the iPhone 11 is still a very great choice.
How to sell your old phone and upgrade to iPhone 11 or iPhone 13?
There are a lot of online and offline options to sell your old phone. But if you want to get the best value for your phone we at Cashify can help you out to get the best value for your old device.
Cashify offers a very simple door-step pickup procedure. You just have to schedule a pickup and once it is picked up you’ll receive your money in your bank account. Of course, you can choose from any of the other offline or online options to sell your phone but none of them will provide a value better than Cashify. Here’s how the procedure to sell your phone on Cashify goes.
- The process to sell your phone begins with creating an account on Cashify if you already don’t have one.
- Then visit the Sell old phone page and choose the brand of your smartphone.
- Now choose the model of your phone and you will then be redirected to the ‘sell’ page.
- You just have to fill in a few details of your device as asked and you’ll have an estimated buyback value for your phone.
- Now a Cashify executive will come to your dooorstep, perform a quick quality check and transfer the amount to your bank account. It’s that simple.
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…