Everything We Know About the iPhone 14 – October Update
The iPhone 14 series is expected to be something that stands out from the iPhone 13 series, big time. From a new design to more display, we will get to see quite a lot of much requested design elements in the upcoming series next year!
Highlights of the Story
- The iPhone 13 Series of smartphones went official on September 14, 2021.
- iPhone 14 appeared in a massive leak before that, which leaked several key details about it.
- Here is a quick look into everything we know about it till now!
Apple launched their iPhone 13 series of smartphones on September 14, 2021. However, prior to the official launch of this series, iPhone 14 series was already breaking the internet! Jon Prosser took to a YouTube video to reveal the iPhone 14 design which took the tech community by storm. Already the iPhone 14 series was making rounds of the internet but, it was merely based on assumptions and everything. However, after Jon Prosser’s leak of the iPhone 14 Pro Max model, things got pretty serious.
iPhone 14 leaks started flooding in from pretty much all corners of the internet. We got to know quite a couple of things regarding its expected price, release date and a bunch of other things. Besides, thanks to Prosser and his team, we got to know a couple of crucial design elements as well. So, here is a quick rundown of everything we know about the iPhone 14 series of smartphones so far!
iPhone 14 Lineup
Much like the iPhone 13 series of devices which include the iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, the iPhone 14 series will follow a similar path. However, there is a change of sorts. Recently, we got to know that Apple is pretty much done with the Mini series of devices. Going by that, we will not be seeing an iPhone 14 Mini. Instead, the iPhone 14 Max is what we will get as a replacement.
In a jest, we shall be seeing an iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max and the iPhone Max. Further, the replacement will also be coming with a similar form factor. So, we will actually see a compact design and display size on the replacement device as well.
iPhone 14 Design
There are quite a couple of things that Prosser talked about in his massive leak. Going by his viral video of the upcoming series, we can derive a couple of things. For starters, Apple may finally get rid of the notch with the upcoming series. Yes, this may finally be the end for iPhone notch designs.
According to the Prosser leak, the iPhone 14 Pro Max specs will include a glass body. In addition, the body will be encased within a premium titanium frame. Now, this is very similar to what we see on the iPhone 4. Besides, Prosser also states that the overall design statement of the upcoming devices will be thicker than any of the iPhones we have seen before. He goes on to say that this is primarily because of the fact that they will come with bigger batteries to offer more juice.
As per Prosser leaks, we will most likely get to see no camera bump. Thanks to the overall thickness of these devices, the camera bump will be flattened out at the back. This will definitely be less annoying for iPhone users as the massive camera module will not be a problem anymore.
Prosser also says that we will get to see the notchless design on the higher-end models in the series. The standard and lower end model will not come with a nothless design. Besides, according to a recent leak, the upcoming 2022 iPhone models will most likely come with punch-hole displays.
iPhone 14 Specs and Performance
Further, we also got to know that the smartphones will come with a 4nm processor as well. For now, we have the Apple Bionic A15 chipset, which is seen on the latest iPhone 13 series models. Besides, going by Apple’s history, they have always come up with chipsets that have the ability to stay relevant for years! Qualcomm and MediaTek come up with tons of chipsets throughout the year but, most of them lose their relevance pretty early.
Moreover, Apple’s Bionic A15 is the most powerful processor out there. Yes, it easily beats every single processor out there by Qualcomm, MediaTek and Exynos. It is quite literally the most flagship chipset in the market currently. In addition, leaks also revealed that the upcoming series may come with an under-display Touch ID. Besides, the devices are also expected to come with 8K video recording support.
Moving on to displays, Ross Young in a leak revealed the display sizes of the upcoming series. According to Young, the vanilla iPhone 14 and the Pro variant will come with 6.06-inch display. However, the most high-end variant will come with a 6.68-inch display. According to Prosser, the most high-end model will come with a 6.7-inch display. The iPhone 14 Max is expected to come with a similar display size as well.
When it comes to the camera setups on the models, we will mostly be seeing a triple rear camera setup. In addition, the setup will pair up with LiDAR sensor as well. Moreover, the 2022 models will retain the Lightning port as well. According to Young, the standard iPhone 14 will come with a dual rear camera setup, whereas, the other models will be equipped with triple rear cameras.
Another important thing to note here is that unlike the iPhone 13 series models, all the iPhone 14 series models will come with a 120Hz display. This will definitely allow buyers of the series to not think twice before buying a model as in the iPhone 13 series, the refresh rate played a vital role in the decision making process.
iPhone 14 Price (Expected)
Although nothing can be said for sure at this point about the iPhone 14 price, there are a couple of things to note. The iPhone 14 price can be expected to match the iPhone 13 price, which starts at Rs. 89,900 in India currently.
According to noted analyst Kuo, the iPhone 14 Pro Max could be set at under Rs. 66,800. The iPhone 12 Pro Max starts at much higher than this as of now. Moreover, we can expect to see the iPhone 14 price to start somewhere around $899 which converts to roughly Rs. 66,000 in the Indian currency.
For now, this is all that we know of the upcoming 2022 series of models by Apple. We hope this article has helped you in understanding what exactly you are waiting to see in the iPhone 14 series of devices. All-in-all, the upcoming series of smartphones by Apple are going to take the premium smartphone market by storm, from the looks of it!
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…