iPhone 13 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S21: Which One To Buy?
iPhone 13 certainly has an edge in terms of performance with Apple’s new A15 bionic processor but Galaxy S21 is a well-rounded Android smartphone that comes with flagship features and performance. Both the smartphones are pretty much similar so here’s a comparison that will help you make a choice between the two.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy S21 is the less expensive but powerful flagship that Samsung has to offer.
- iPhone 13 is a more balanced iPhone in terms of features that Apple has launched this year.
- Here’s a comparison between both the devices so you can decide which one you can pick as your next smartphone.
The launch of the iPhone 13 that features a better high refresh rate display, powerful processor and an improved set of cameras. Leaving the Pro variants aside, this is the best iPhone that Apple has released until now. The new iPhone 13 also has the most notable rival in the form of the Samsung Galaxy S21 which also boasts best in class hardware and flagship-grade performance.
To settle the rivalry between the two flagship devices here is a comprehensive comparison between the iPhone 13 and Samsung Galaxy S21.
Design: iPhone 13 vs. Samsung Galaxy S21
While people were expecting a new design revamp for the iPhone 13, but the device looks exactly like the previous year’s iPhone 12. And the only noticeable difference is a larger set of rear cameras arranged diagonally and a slightly smaller notch. For the S21, the front of the display is almost bezel-less with a punch hole to house the selfie camera.
Both devices are well built and provide a premium feel in hand; while the iPhone’s aluminium edges and a single piece of polished glass on the back make the device feel premium to hold. Along with this the newest ceramic shield screen that Apple says to be the toughest display available in the market. On the other hand, the plastic back panel makes the device feel a little less premium and spoils the aesthetic feel of the device.
It is necessary to note that the iPhone 13 does have a smaller notch but it still takes a significant amount of screen estate. And is certainly needed for Face ID Technology and this could be a turn off for most who prefer consuming media content on their smartphone as the notch spoils the viewing experience. Compared to that the Galaxy S21 Display looks much bigger and modern with a bezel-less design and a hole punch camera setup.
Hardware: iPhone 13 vs. Samsung Galaxy S21
Users have been speculating the high refresh rate display on the new iPhones for a few years now. And finally, the iPhone 13 Pro series have the long-awaited 120 Hz dynamic refresh rate display, but the baseline iPhone 13 does not. Sadly their iPhone 13 and the 13 Mini both have the 60 Hz refresh rate display which we have seen on older iPhones. This means that the gaming experience, video playback, and scrolling experience will be much smoother on the Galaxy S21 with the 120 Hz refresh rate.
The Galaxy S21 has an adaptive higher refresh rate which means that it can automatically adjust to a lower refresh rate when not in use. This has made it possible to improve the device’s battery life significantly. But it still provides a lesser screen on time compared to the iPhone 13. We shall talk about the battery experience later in the article below.
When it comes to performance the Apple’s A15 Bionic chip takes the lead and even the latest Snapdragon 888 Galaxy S21 can’t compete.
While the iPhone 13 provides a faster and more efficient chipset, the Galaxy S21 have a modern bezel-less higher refresh rate display, more RAM, and a bigger battery compared to the iPhone 13. So the performance difference in everyday activities might not be that noticeable.
The Galaxy S21 offers 128 GB or 256 GB storage while the iPhone 13 provides the same two options with an additional 512 GB storage variant. While neither of the devices offers an option to extend the storage using a MicroSD card.
In terms of battery, the iPhone 13 is backed by a 3240mAh battery which is about 20% smaller compared to the 4000mAh included with the Galaxy S21. But with well-optimized software and the new A15 bionic chip the iPhone 13 performs incredibly well in terms of battery life. It can last a day and a half under moderate to heavy use and definitely while the S21 can just make it to the end of the day on a single charge. Both these phones support fast charging with Galaxy S21 providing fast charging at 25 Watt and the iPhone 13 doing the same at 20 watts max.
Both the phones include a water resistance rating of IP68 which means you can submerge the phones up to 1.5 meters of water for a duration of up to 30 minutes. Although, the iPhone 13 is rated to survive up to 6 meters under water for 30 minutes.
Camera: iPhone 13 vs. Samsung Galaxy S21
The iPhone 13 comes with the same dual-lens setup as the iPhone 12 with no significant changes in the hardware. However, the iPhone 13 does provide a wide lens with sensor-shift optical image stabilization that we have previously seen only from the iPhone 12 Pro Max. This feature offers greater image stabilization meaning you’ll end up with photos that are not much shaky.
Similarly, the Galaxy S21 offers a triple camera setup identical to that of Galaxy s20. Its camera setup includes a 64-megapixel telephoto lens in addition to 12 megapixel wide and ultrawide sensors. Samsung has said that enhancement in image signal processor with the new chipset and new processing software provides better image processing captured by the sensors.
While most of the daylight performance of Galaxy S21 is good and images provide strong colours with powerful dynamic range. But at the same time, the phone struggles in low light conditions and with the selfie camera particularly lacking in providing detail in less than favourable light conditions.
When it comes to the iPhone 13 the camera performance goes one step beyond the iPhone 12 which already was fantastic. All the images captured turn out natural and well-balanced. You also have the ability to choose easily from a variety of styles to suit different tastes. Even in low light conditions, the iPhone has an edge over the Samsung Galaxy S21. And now the ultra-wide lens can also take shots in Night Mode, so this is an added advantage.
Software: iPhone 13 vs. Samsung Galaxy S21
In terms of software, the iPhone 13 comes with iOS 15 which is the latest from Apple. While the Galaxy S21 has stuck with the older Android 11 and is yet to receive the latest Android 12 update.
Ther iOS 15 provides a lot of new features which include a redesigned map app photos app along with new features such as focus mode which provides you with various profiles that you can choose from depending on your current environment.
On the other hand, Galaxy S21 runs One UI 3.1 which is Samsung’s custom skin on top of Android that provides a lot of features and options to customize your smartphone as per your taste.
Conclusion: iPhone 13 vs. Samsung Galaxy S21
The comparison between both devices is fairly close but iPhone 13 is certainly a better phone in overall performance compared to the Samsung Galaxy. Performance-wise both phones are comparable but the iPhone 13 boasts a superior camera, longer battery life and arguably offers a friendly software experience with a guarantee of future updates for years to come. A better camera and promise for more updates is clearly enough to carry the overall win for Apple’s new flagship. But for any Android phone Galaxy S21 is certainly a worthy choice for its price tag.
How to sell your old phone and upgrade to iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21?
There are a lot of online and offline options to sell your old phone. But if you want to get the best value for your phone we at Cashify can help you out to get the best value for your old device.
Cashify offers a very simple door-step pickup procedure. You just have to schedule a pickup and once it is picked up you’ll receive your money in your bank account. Of course, you can choose from any of the other offline or online options to sell your phone but none of them will provide a value better than Cashify. Here’s how the procedure to sell your phone on Cashify goes.
- The process to sell your phone begins with creating an account on Cashify if you already don’t have one.
- Then visit the Sell old phone page and choose the brand of your smartphone.
- Now choose the model of your phone and you will then be redirected to the ‘sell’ page.
- You just have to fill in a few details of your device as asked and you’ll have an estimated buyback value for your phone.
- Now a Cashify executive will come to your dooorstep, perform a quick quality check and transfer the amount to your bank account. It’s that simple.
- We’ll compare Nothing OS Vs Oxygen OS and will know how both software integrates with your daily life. In contrast to One UI, Oxygen OS provides the closest experience to stock Android. In addition to changing the order of several headers, the OnePlus 9RT makes a few minor adjustments. However, the Nothing Phone 1, which…
- If you’re looking for a smartphone that stands out visually and has excellent performance, then the Nothing Phone 1 design is distinctive, and the device features are impressive, with a sharp display. The first thing people will observe on this phone is its lights on the backside. And next will be how it works, how…
- We’ll compare the features of the OnePlus 10 Pro Vs OnePlus 9RT, where the OnePlus 9RT has a 6.62-inch display and is driven by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G. The OnePlus 10 Pro, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and introduced three months later, were put side by side in this comparison. You may learn…
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…