iPhone 13 Vs. iPhone 13 Pro: Is Pro Worth The Extra Price?
The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 both are the latest and the best launched by Apple but many users have confusions about which smartphone to pick for so here’s a guide of comparison between both these devices that will help you decide and answer this question.
Highlights of the Story
- The iPhone 13 Pro has been launched by Apple with a lot of new features such as a high refresh rate display with an extra 3x telephoto lens.
- iPhone 13 is the iPhone for most people due to its great camera, powerful performance and a complete value for money device.
- Here is a quick comparison between both the phones that will help you decide which iPhone you should pick.
In September, Apple announced the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 Pro as the successor to the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro. The new iPhone 13 features the same design as last year’s, a smaller notch, an A15 bionic chip, a long-lasting battery life, improved cameras, and new colour options. Apple announced four variants of the iPhone 13 where the Pro variants are the ones that got all the new features.
Here’s a comparison guide between the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro that will help you decide which of these two iPhones you should choose from.
Design: iPhone 13 Vs. iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro both have the same flat edge squared-off industrial design that was first introduced with the iPhone 12 series. The most noticeable visual difference between both phones is in the use of different materials and finishes.
iPhone 13 is built using aerospace-grade anodized aluminium on the edges and a single piece of polished glass on the back while the iPhone 13 Pro uses surgical-grade stainless steel on the edges and a single piece of roasted glass on the back. Dimensions of both devices are the same but the iPhone 13 Pro is 30 grams heavier compared to the iPhone 13 thanks to its stainless steel build.
The iPhone 13 Pro provides a more luxurious appearance and is about 30 grams heavier. It gives a more tactile feel in the hand but the iPhone 13 still looks like a premium device with a more diverse range of colour options that you can choose from. As the design of both the phones are almost similar the only way to differentiate the two is to spot the extra rear camera for the iPhone 13 Pro.
Hardware: iPhone 13 Vs. iPhone 13 Pro
Both of these phones include a 6.1 inch Super Retina XDR OLED screen with the same 1170 x 2532 resolution. While the previous iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are almost similar, this time there is a huge difference between the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 Pro with all the new innovative features included in the Pro variants.
The iPhone 13 Pro has a brighter screen with 1000 nits brightness compared to the iPhone 13’s with 800 nits brightness. In typical conditions, both can hit 1200 nits when viewing HDR content.
The most noticeable difference between both the phones is the introduction of a 120 Hz Pro motion refresh rate with the iPhone 13 Pro while the iPhone 13 is still stuck with the same 60 Hz refresh rate that we have seen in the iPhone 12 series. The high refresh rate is most noticeable when you are scrolling through apps, browsing your social media feed or enjoying games that support a high refresh rate. But the vast majority of people won’t be making this comparison in hand and therefore will find the iPhone 13 display perfectly fluid.
Overall the iPhone 13 Pro has a faster refresh rate and higher brightness display which makes it more comfortable than its non-pro brother. But it is not so significant that you have to pay the premium price for this smartphone.
Processor & Performance
Both phones include the A15 Bionic processor which means that there won’t be a huge difference in terms of performance between the non-pro and the Pro variants of the iPhone 13. The A15 Bionic processor packs a 6 core CPU that is 50% faster than the leading Android competition but the iPhone 13 Pro gets a 5-core GPU instead of a 4-core GPU making it perform much better in high graphic-intensive tasks.
But in practical terms, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between both the phones; there are no games on the app store that can extract the maximum performance of the A15 Bionic chipset. With identical build and hardware, both the devices have similar performance. Both the phones support a wide range of 5G bands than before so more users in various countries will be able to access the 5G networks.
In case of battery life, the iPhone 13 has a 3240mAh battery while the iPhone 13 Pro provides you with a 3095mAh battery. This does seem a little strange giving the Pro variant the smaller battery despite it having the higher refresh rate display that draws more power but that’s not necessarily the case.
Apple has implemented the adaptive variable refresh rate Technology so that the iPhone 13 Pro display can scale down to 10 Hz when there is no necessity for a higher refresh rate. It only goes to full 120 Hz in scenarios such as scrolling through home screen menus or web pages.
In practice, both phones will last you about a full day of usage while the iPhone 13 can last a little bit longer due to its 60 Hz refresh rate display. With the return of MagSafe technology, you can charge the phones wirelessly at 15W. However, you will have to buy a separate fast charging adaptor if you want to charge the phone at 20W with the wired charging method.
Camera: iPhone 13 Vs. iPhone 13 Pro
Both these phones have seen considerable improvements in the camera department compared to the previous generation. The iPhone 13 borrows some key camera components from the previous year iPhone 12 Pro Max while the iPhone 13 pro has a triple 12-megapixel camera system that blows the competition out of the water. The iPhone 13 has a main sensor that can pull in 47% more light than before compared to iPhone 12. But the iPhone 13 Pro has a wide sensor that goes even larger at 1.9 micrometres compared to iPhone 12 Pro’s 1.4 micrometres.
Both the iPhones perform well in low light conditions with night mode now being enabled for the ultrawide sensor as well. The iPhone 13 Pro has the benefit of a 12 megapixel 3x telephoto lens for zoomed-in telephoto shots as well. It is a big advantage over the iPhone 13 which has to crop in on the main sensor while capturing close-up shots.
Both iPhones also get the focus tracking, ‘Cinematic’ mode which essentially applies a portrait mode effect to your videos similar to that you see in portrait pictures. It enables you to change the focus in a scene even in post-production but this is only available in the iPhone’s video editing app or the Final Cut Pro software.
Another feature about the video that is unique for the iPhone 13 Pro or will be once it rolls out is ProRes. This is a professional video codec that packs in more detail that drastically increases the editing possibilities of the video.
Software: iPhone 13 Vs. iPhone 13 Pro
In terms of software, both iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro run on iOS 15 which is the latest from Apple. With that, you get features such as focus mode that can quite distracting notifications, an upgraded maps app, welcome changes to the photos, notes and other inbuilt apps, and also live text where you can copy-paste any text from any image.
Conclusion: iPhone 13 Vs. iPhone 13 Pro
Among all iPhone 13 variants, the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 are two variants that are the best selling. If you are looking for the absolute best iPhone right now that has the modern high refresh rate display, an additional telephoto lens and premium build quality then the iPhone 13 Pro is the phone that you should buy but you have to pay a hefty price tag for that. But if you don’t want all that but a simple phone with great performance and a great camera then iPhone 13 is the best choice for most people and this is the iPhone that most people should get.
How to sell your old phone and upgrade to iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro?
There are a lot of online and offline options to sell your old phone. But if you want to get the best value for your phone we at Cashify can help you out to get the best value for your old device.
Cashify offers a very simple door-step pickup procedure. You just have to schedule a pickup and once it is picked up you’ll receive your money in your bank account. Of course, you can choose from any of the other offline or online options to sell your phone but none of them will provide a value better than Cashify. Here’s how the procedure to sell your phone on Cashify goes.
- The process to sell your phone begins with creating an account on Cashify if you already don’t have one.
- Then visit the Sell old phone page and choose the brand of your smartphone.
- Now choose the model of your phone and you will then be redirected to the ‘sell’ page.
- You just have to fill in a few details of your device as asked and you’ll have an estimated buyback value for your phone.
- Now a Cashify executive will come to your doorstep, perform a quick quality check and transfer the amount to your bank account. It’s that simple.
Also read: TV vs Monitor: Which One Should You Buy?
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…