iPhone 13 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra: The Best Flagship Device?
The Samsung S21 Ultra is a complete Android smartphone featuring the best in class display, flagship-grade specifications and a bunch of cameras that perform exceptionally well. On the other hand, the iPhone 13 is a balanced smartphone featuring decent hardware coupled with the goodness of iOS 15. Here is a complete comparison between the two.
Table Of Contents
- 1Conclusion: iPhone 13 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Highlights of the Story
- The Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra is the premium flagship that Samsung has to offer and it is the best Android phone that you can currently get on the market.
- On the other hand, iPhone 13 is the second variant in the iPhone 13 series that is a trimmed down variant of the Pro variants of the iPhone 13.
- Here’s a comparison that can help you decide which phone to pick the iPhone 13 or the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.
The iPhone 13 was launched in September and all four variants became an instant hit. The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra despite being released at the starting of 2021 arguably remains the best Android phone of the year.
But there are so many choices even Samsung has three different devices presenting its flagship line up while there are four different iPhone 13 models to consider when you are purchasing a new phone. There is a lot to think about and if you are in the market looking to buy the best flagship device. Here we compare the iPhone 13 and Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and find out which is the best flagship device.
Design: iPhone 13 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Apple had revamped the design for the iPhones last year by introducing the iPhone 12 series with the flat edge design, not a lot of people were expecting Apple to revamp the design for the iPhone 13. The newer iPhone 13 looks more or less identical to last year’s iPhone 12 including the same flat-edged stainless steel sides which were first seen on the recent iPad Pro models. The only noticeable difference is that you can see is a slightly smaller notch and the two lenses on the rear of the phone have been rearranged to give a diagonal orientation.
Compared to the iPhone 13 the S21 Ultra certainly feels like the larger of the two with a screen size of 6.1 inches on the iPhone 13 and 6.8 inches on the S21 Ultra. The phone certainly seems easy to handle compared to the iPhone as it uses a completely flat display while the Galaxy has a slightly tapered screen. While the iPhone 13 has flat sides that certainly look good but are a bit sharp and uncomfortable when you hold the phone.
Hardware: iPhone 13 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
iPhone 13 features a 6.1-inch OLED display having a 2532 X 1170 pixels resolution. The S21 Ultra display wins this category here with its 6.8 inches dynamic AMOLED display with 120 Hz dynamic refresh rate and HDR10+ support.
The dynamic 120 Hz refresh rate means that the S21 Ultra display can automatically adjust its refresh rate depending on the content being displayed on the screen. On the other hand, the iPhone 13 does not have this feature and the refresh rate is locked at 60hz only.
Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset that features an Octa-core CPU and Mali-G78 MP14 GPU the Galaxy s21 provides top-of-the-range performance that no Android flagship can match. When combined with 12GB RAM you will find multitasking and gaming to be a hassle-free and enjoyable experience with no signs of lag or stutter.
That being said the same goes for the iPhone 13 which includes Apple’s latest A15 bionic chip that is built on a 5nm process. Even with as low as 4GB of RAM, you can be rest assured that the iPhone 13 is as fast as the Galaxy S21 Ultra. Regardless of which device you choose to go with, both devices house best in class hardware and deliver exceptional flagship-grade performance.
The S21 Ultra features a sizable 5000mAh battery with a 25W fast charging support. Considering the dynamic refresh rate technology provided by Samsung, the device still delivers a pretty impressive battery life. On average, you can easily get over a day and a half with a single charge. The iPhone 13 lasts up to 1.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12 as the battery is bigger and thanks to the more efficient display and an improved processor. On average use, you can easily last a full day with the iPhone 13’s battery. What is disappointing is that you get no charger in the box and even the fast charging capability is capped at 20W.
Camera: iPhone 13 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Samsung and Apple both continue to go head to head in the camera department. The iPhone 13 is equipped with a dual 12-megapixel camera setup that consists of both a wide-angle lens with sensor-shift optical image stabilization with f/1.6 aperture, dual pixel PDAF and an ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture and a 120-degree field of view.
While the S21 Ultra comes with a 108-megapixel primary camera, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera, and two 10 megapixel telephoto cameras where one of which is a periscope camera that offers 10x optical zoom. At the front, it features a 40-megapixel camera sensor for taking selfies as well.
Comparing the real-world performance of both the devices perform exceptionally well in bright daylight conditions. And the low-light performance of both smartphones, S21 Ultra has more muted colours while the iPhone seems to oversaturate in order to make the image pop. With the ultra-wide camera performance, the S21 Ultra provides more cheerful colours and a brighter exposure but the iPhone goes for a more contrast-rich look with deeper shadows.
Software: iPhone 13 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The iPhone 13 runs on the new iOS 15 out of the box and offers enhanced notifications, revamped maps app, the ability to share media experiences via FaceTime, and the new focus feature that is similar to do not disturb mode in Android. It also continues to provide the same friendly and streamlined User experience that Apple fans love to see.
The S21 Ultra runs on Android 11 and uses Samsung’s own OneUI 3.1 that features a highly interactive user experience but provides more features and a greater level of customization compared to iOS.
In the eternal debate of iOS versus Android, it is difficult to announce a single winner. But when it comes to better customer support and regular OS updates, the iPhone will always win because even the iPhone 7 which was released in 2015 are getting the latest iOS 15 updates so you can probably rest assured that your iPhone 13 will always have the latest version of iOS for years to come.
Conclusion: iPhone 13 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Both the devices offer the best of their world and it is quite difficult to choose a clear winner. If you want a bigger phone that features a beautiful display, provides great performance and longer battery life, you can certainly choose the Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra. While if smooth user experience, better pair of cameras and added security features is your priority then the iPhone 13 is the device to go for.
How to sell your old phone and upgrade to iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra?
There are a lot of online and offline options to sell your old phone. But if you want to get the best value for your phone we at Cashify can help you out to get the best value for your old device.
Cashify offers a very simple door-step pickup procedure. You just have to schedule a pickup and once it is picked up you’ll receive your money in your bank account. Of course, you can choose from any of the other offline or online options to sell your phone but none of them will provide a value better than Cashify. Here’s how the procedure to sell your phone on Cashify goes.
- The process to sell your phone begins with creating an account on Cashify if you already don’t have one.
- Then visit the Sell old phone page and choose the brand of your smartphone.
- Now choose the model of your phone and you will then be redirected to the ‘sell’ page.
- You just have to fill in a few details of your device as asked and you’ll have an estimated buyback value for your phone.
- Now a Cashify executive will come to your dooorstep, perform a quick quality check and transfer the amount to your bank account. It’s that simple.
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…