Apple certainly found the best way to feed the iPhone obsession: launch 3 models instead of one or two. Especially for those who would prefer an elegantly designed phone which perfectly fits in their hands, iPhone XS is just the right choice.
Since Apple decided to abandon its previous Touch ID over the all-new Face ID lock, the new “Apple” of your eye would be more secure than ever. Heck, the latest version of Face ID is working well enough even in the dark! Obviously, this doesn’t leave much homework for the best smartphone manufacturer.
A rather naive yet somewhat valid criticism has been making the rounds too: that the iPhone XS isn’t really distinguishable from the iPhone X. This isn’t really the case – there are more than a few tells, and we’ll see what they are ahead in the review.
Apple being Apple has gone beyond just adding alluring designs and aesthetics to the iPhone XS. It is actually a better phone. An extra antenna band has been added at the bottom, chipping away 3 out of the 6 holes at the bottom that we’ve gotten used to in the last few years. This lets the phone leverage the 4×4 MIMO (multiple-in and multiple-out) framework, resulting in better internet connectivity. This has been found to significantly improve the downloading as well as uploading speeds by a considerable margin.
The iPhone XS doesn’t break the mould like the iPhone X. To add to that, it has a weaker battery life, but its camera, design, and performance are best in class.
With the OLED screen, the colours plentiful and the visuals sharp and vibrant. Part of the credit for this incredible user experience goes to the best-in-class screen resolution of 2,436 x 1,125 (485 pixels per inch). When it comes to responsiveness and the processor speed, there’s plenty of raw power in this model, thanks to Apple’s A12 Bionic processor. So, unless a new heavier-than-thou app comes along in the near future, you don’t have to worry about its speed. This contains Apple’s first mobile processor built using a 7-nanometer process. The neural engine for machine learning purposes has been retained, which Apple claims to be having 6 more cores and a capability of processing 5 trillion operations per second. Mind boggling, right?
The frame is made of stainless steel, giving it a more elegant look. This also makes the phone considerably more robust than its predecessors with aluminium frames. It gives the buyer an option of smaller yet big enough screen to make watching videos and using screen an immersive experience as compared to that of iPhone XS Max and other flagships offered by other smartphone manufacturers.
Apart from the looks and ergonomics, it sounds well, too. This can be attributed to the improvements made by apple for wider stereo sound. However, this means that it doesn’t sound just as good in outdoor settings. Apart from this, if you’re someone who binge-watches often on their phone because of longer travel hours, you’d surely prefer a larger screen, wouldn’t you?
Arriving with the A12 bionic chip, this is a hexa-core processor which is one of the best in the market. Packed with awesome power, it can breeze through multitasking without a cough. Even the GPU is powerful, and can give you almost a console-like graphics, making the phone processing the Apple-premium USP.
The iPhone XS has the same camera(s) as the one in the XS Max version. Two 12-MP cameras at the back, with one donning a wide-angle lens and the other having a 2x telephoto lens. This allows the smartphone to boast a better detail capture, especially in situations where the images are being viewed at a full resolution. The “Smart HDR” in this model is an enticing feature of its camera, as it allows you to make images with extremes of contrast more usable. It’ll come in handy for the pictures you click on a bright day when the sun is being insistent!
The portrait mode has seen big improvements, too, with the iPhone XS. The most important thing about it is its ability to adjust the level of background blur in the images. It can capture stunning shots with great exposure and dynamic range.
While everything is improved, the battery life, however, is disappointing. No need to be alarmed here, the battery life is enough if a 24-hour charging cycle is good with you – the iPhone XS does have day-long battery life. But when compared with the other flagships by competitor manufacturers, it’s miles behind in terms of battery life. This has been compensated by faster wireless charging, owing to its tighter coils.
Apple might claim that the XS has a better battery life than its predecessors, pointing to the more efficient chipset and better power management. Still, that doesn’t make it true. That said, it does have just a little bit more than enough to get you through the day. And practically speaking, that is all one needs, right?
Another thing that leaves users dismayed on Apple’s part is that it refuses to offer a fast-charging cable and adapter even now. Apple might believe that there’s no need for that, but a $68 accessory box happens to be available in their stores, leading people to accuse them of driving post-purchase sales with this trick.
The iPhone X was a massive step forward for Apple, and it set an altogether new bar for what an iPhone could be. So much so that it outperformed many of its competitors in design and functioning.
The iPhone XS maintains a similar design aesthetic with a forward-looking design and function. It feels wonderful in the hand and has a noticeably better camera. To add to that, it is arguably the best phone in the market right now if we talk about balancing screen size and usability.
However, it’s certainly far from being perfect. With weaker battery life than its predecessor and an eye-watering price, it isn’t for everybody. Shelling this much money makes little sense, but as they say, “if you don’t have an iPhone, well, you don’t have an iPhone”
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.30 inches
- Height5.65 inches
- Weight177 g
- ColorSpace Gray, Silver, Gold
- BuildFront/back glass, stainless steel frame
- Width2.79 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.8 inches
- Pixel Density458 ppi
- ProtectionScratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Display Resolution1125 x 2436 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio82.90%
- CPUHexa-core (2x2.5 GHz Vortex 4x1.6 GHz Tempest)
- Chipset GPApple A12 Bionic (7 nm)
- GPUApple GPU (4-core graphics)
- OSiOS 12, upgradable to iOS 12.3
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage64/256/512 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55, 1.4 micron12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4, 1.0 micron, 2x optical zoom
- Back Camera FeaturesQuad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Back Camera Video2160p24/30/60fps, 1080p30/60/120/240fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera Video1080p60fps
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- Dual Camera7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)TOF 3D camera
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Talk TimeUp to 20 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity2658 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 60 h
- ChargingFast battery charging 15W: 50% in 30 minUSB Power Delivery 2.0Qi wireless charging
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- SIMNano-SIM, Electronic SIM card (eSIM)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- SensorsFace ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, September
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Apple iPhone XS
Get the best price for Apple iPhone XS
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.3spec scoreApple iPhone 8 Plus₹39,900Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreApple iPhone 8₹38,900Add to compare
- 6.8spec scoreApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreApple iPhone 7 Plus₹33,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreApple iPhone X₹64,999Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreApple iPhone XS Max₹69,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare