JioFiber New Plans Revealed: Includes Free Trial, OTT Apps
This 30-day free trial will offer users 150 Mbps speed with truly unlimited data consumption.
Highlights of the Story
- A 30-day free trial is offered to all new Jio Fiber customers.
- It will also give users a 4K Set Top Box with subscriptions to 10 OTT apps for all new users.
- New JioFiber broadband plans start at Rs 399 per month.
If you use a Jio connection, you something interesting to look forward to with JioFiber’s new plan. The telecom giant announced a new ‘no-condition 30-day free trial’ offer for new customers.
In this offer, customers get speeds of 150 Mbps with truly unlimited data. Additionally, the plans starts at just Rs. 399 and gives all users with the four most affordable plans with a commercial use policy of 3300GB.
Who gets the 30-day free trial offer?
New Jio Fiber customers activating from September 1 will get the 30-day free trial period. Moreover, any JioFiber customers that onboards between August 15 and August 31 will also get the 30-day free trial benefit as a voucher in MyJio. In addition, they will get some benefits like plans of the existing users will upgrade to the new tariff plans.
JioFiber new plans
According to the company, new plans will have symmetric speed, which is download speed = upload speed.
- First, we have Rs 399 per month giving users 30 Mbps speed.
- Second, we have Rs 699 per month giving users 100 Mbps speed.
- Thirdly, we have Rs 999 per month giving users 150 Mbps speed along with an OTT subscription of 10 apps worth Rs 1000.
- In addition, the Rs 1499 per month giving users 300 Mbps speed along with an OTT subscription of 12 apps worth Rs 1500.
However, there are no changes in Rs. 2,499, Rs. 3,499, and Rs. 8,499. The Rs. 2,499 and Rs. 8,499 plans.
What does this trial offer?
JioFiber will provide a ‘no-condition 30-day free trial’ to all new consumers. This trial period will offer users up to 150Mbps speed, a 4K set-top box with a subscription to 10 OTT apps at no extra cost, and free voice calling benefits. Additionally, it is available to all new customers. However, if users do not like the service, the company will disconnect the service back without any questions asked.
Rs.2500 as a deposit for customers looking to opt for the 4K set-top-box during the trial period of JioFiber. On the other hand, Rs. 1,500 from those customers who do not opt for it. Costumers who pay 2500 INR deposit get access to 10 OTT apps. The 10 OTT apps include Disney+ Hotstar, JioCinema, Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot, Alt Balaji, Sun NXT, Shemaroo, Lionsgate Play, and Hoichoi.
Whereas, Rs. 999 JioFiber plan offers 150Mbps speeds, unlimited voice calling benefits, and 11 OTT apps subscription worth Rs. 1,000 for free.
The Rs. 1,499 Jio Fiber Diamond plan offers 300Mbps speed, unlimited voice calls, and free access to 12 OTT apps worth Rs. 1,500.
The 12 OTT apps include Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, JioCinema, Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot, Alt Balaji, Sun NXT, Shemaroo, Lionsgate Play, and Hoichoi. However, both Rs. 399 and Rs. 699 plans do not offer any OTT app subscription benefits.
As mentioned, this JioFiber “truly unlimited” plans will have a commercial usage policy (CUP) with 3300GB limitation.
According to Jio, it is not discontinuing the old plans right now. The existing subscribers can continue to use them; however, if they want, they can migrate to a new plan and they will be charged on a pro-rata basis.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
What happens to the existing customer base?
Jio has firstly cleared that the existing subscribers will not be included in the existing plan. If they want to buy the plans, they will need to change their entire plan to avail the benefits.
Jio is not cancelling the existing plans. The existing plans will remain in the list for now. The existing subscribers can still use these plans in the future. However, the new plans offer more benefits at less cost. So, to avail those plans, the customer will himself have to change the plan.
Jio is not individually offering a shift from the old plans to the new plans.
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…