JioFiber New Plans Revealed: Includes Free Trial, OTT Apps
This 30-day free trial will offer users 150 Mbps speed with truly unlimited data consumption.
Highlights of the Story
- A 30-day free trial is offered to all new Jio Fiber customers.
- It will also give users a 4K Set Top Box with subscriptions to 10 OTT apps for all new users.
- New JioFiber broadband plans start at Rs 399 per month.
If you use a Jio connection, you something interesting to look forward to with JioFiber’s new plan. The telecom giant announced a new ‘no-condition 30-day free trial’ offer for new customers.
In this offer, customers get speeds of 150 Mbps with truly unlimited data. Additionally, the plans starts at just Rs. 399 and gives all users with the four most affordable plans with a commercial use policy of 3300GB.
Who gets the 30-day free trial offer?
New Jio Fiber customers activating from September 1 will get the 30-day free trial period. Moreover, any JioFiber customers that onboards between August 15 and August 31 will also get the 30-day free trial benefit as a voucher in MyJio. In addition, they will get some benefits like plans of the existing users will upgrade to the new tariff plans.
JioFiber new plans
According to the company, new plans will have symmetric speed, which is download speed = upload speed.
- First, we have Rs 399 per month giving users 30 Mbps speed.
- Second, we have Rs 699 per month giving users 100 Mbps speed.
- Thirdly, we have Rs 999 per month giving users 150 Mbps speed along with an OTT subscription of 10 apps worth Rs 1000.
- In addition, the Rs 1499 per month giving users 300 Mbps speed along with an OTT subscription of 12 apps worth Rs 1500.
However, there are no changes in Rs. 2,499, Rs. 3,499, and Rs. 8,499. The Rs. 2,499 and Rs. 8,499 plans.
What does this trial offer?
JioFiber will provide a ‘no-condition 30-day free trial’ to all new consumers. This trial period will offer users up to 150Mbps speed, a 4K set-top box with a subscription to 10 OTT apps at no extra cost, and free voice calling benefits. Additionally, it is available to all new customers. However, if users do not like the service, the company will disconnect the service back without any questions asked.
Rs.2500 as a deposit for customers looking to opt for the 4K set-top-box during the trial period of JioFiber. On the other hand, Rs. 1,500 from those customers who do not opt for it. Costumers who pay 2500 INR deposit get access to 10 OTT apps. The 10 OTT apps include Disney+ Hotstar, JioCinema, Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot, Alt Balaji, Sun NXT, Shemaroo, Lionsgate Play, and Hoichoi.
Whereas, Rs. 999 JioFiber plan offers 150Mbps speeds, unlimited voice calling benefits, and 11 OTT apps subscription worth Rs. 1,000 for free.
The Rs. 1,499 Jio Fiber Diamond plan offers 300Mbps speed, unlimited voice calls, and free access to 12 OTT apps worth Rs. 1,500.
The 12 OTT apps include Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, JioCinema, Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot, Alt Balaji, Sun NXT, Shemaroo, Lionsgate Play, and Hoichoi. However, both Rs. 399 and Rs. 699 plans do not offer any OTT app subscription benefits.
As mentioned, this JioFiber “truly unlimited” plans will have a commercial usage policy (CUP) with 3300GB limitation.
According to Jio, it is not discontinuing the old plans right now. The existing subscribers can continue to use them; however, if they want, they can migrate to a new plan and they will be charged on a pro-rata basis.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
What happens to the existing customer base?
Jio has firstly cleared that the existing subscribers will not be included in the existing plan. If they want to buy the plans, they will need to change their entire plan to avail the benefits.
Jio is not cancelling the existing plans. The existing plans will remain in the list for now. The existing subscribers can still use these plans in the future. However, the new plans offer more benefits at less cost. So, to avail those plans, the customer will himself have to change the plan.
Jio is not individually offering a shift from the old plans to the new plans.
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.