JioFiber New Plans Revealed: Includes Free Trial, OTT Apps
This 30-day free trial will offer users 150 Mbps speed with truly unlimited data consumption.
Highlights of the Story
- A 30-day free trial is offered to all new Jio Fiber customers.
- It will also give users a 4K Set Top Box with subscriptions to 10 OTT apps for all new users.
- New JioFiber broadband plans start at Rs 399 per month.
If you use a Jio connection, you something interesting to look forward to with JioFiber’s new plan. The telecom giant announced a new ‘no-condition 30-day free trial’ offer for new customers.
In this offer, customers get speeds of 150 Mbps with truly unlimited data. Additionally, the plans starts at just Rs. 399 and gives all users with the four most affordable plans with a commercial use policy of 3300GB.
Who gets the 30-day free trial offer?
New Jio Fiber customers activating from September 1 will get the 30-day free trial period. Moreover, any JioFiber customers that onboards between August 15 and August 31 will also get the 30-day free trial benefit as a voucher in MyJio. In addition, they will get some benefits like plans of the existing users will upgrade to the new tariff plans.
JioFiber new plans
According to the company, new plans will have symmetric speed, which is download speed = upload speed.
- First, we have Rs 399 per month giving users 30 Mbps speed.
- Second, we have Rs 699 per month giving users 100 Mbps speed.
- Thirdly, we have Rs 999 per month giving users 150 Mbps speed along with an OTT subscription of 10 apps worth Rs 1000.
- In addition, the Rs 1499 per month giving users 300 Mbps speed along with an OTT subscription of 12 apps worth Rs 1500.
However, there are no changes in Rs. 2,499, Rs. 3,499, and Rs. 8,499. The Rs. 2,499 and Rs. 8,499 plans.
What does this trial offer?
JioFiber will provide a ‘no-condition 30-day free trial’ to all new consumers. This trial period will offer users up to 150Mbps speed, a 4K set-top box with a subscription to 10 OTT apps at no extra cost, and free voice calling benefits. Additionally, it is available to all new customers. However, if users do not like the service, the company will disconnect the service back without any questions asked.
Rs.2500 as a deposit for customers looking to opt for the 4K set-top-box during the trial period of JioFiber. On the other hand, Rs. 1,500 from those customers who do not opt for it. Costumers who pay 2500 INR deposit get access to 10 OTT apps. The 10 OTT apps include Disney+ Hotstar, JioCinema, Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot, Alt Balaji, Sun NXT, Shemaroo, Lionsgate Play, and Hoichoi.
Whereas, Rs. 999 JioFiber plan offers 150Mbps speeds, unlimited voice calling benefits, and 11 OTT apps subscription worth Rs. 1,000 for free.
The Rs. 1,499 Jio Fiber Diamond plan offers 300Mbps speed, unlimited voice calls, and free access to 12 OTT apps worth Rs. 1,500.
The 12 OTT apps include Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, JioCinema, Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot, Alt Balaji, Sun NXT, Shemaroo, Lionsgate Play, and Hoichoi. However, both Rs. 399 and Rs. 699 plans do not offer any OTT app subscription benefits.
As mentioned, this JioFiber “truly unlimited” plans will have a commercial usage policy (CUP) with 3300GB limitation.
According to Jio, it is not discontinuing the old plans right now. The existing subscribers can continue to use them; however, if they want, they can migrate to a new plan and they will be charged on a pro-rata basis.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
- With the massive digital advancement, some negative sides came hand in hand. This includes leaving our digital footprint and sharing unnecessary data on every end. From our personal data like name, email id, to bank details, all are vulnerable on our Android phone if privacy is not set properly. We have unveiled 5 secrets of changing privacy settings on Android phones here. Check out all the steps to safeguard your personal information.
- Should you buy the iPhone 12 Mini or get the cheaper iPhone SE instead? Here’s what you need to know.
- If you have WhatsApp Payments option in the app, let's take a look at how you can set up your account, and send and receive money.
- Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro both feature triple rear camera setups.
- Micromax In series finally launched in India after much anticipation.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Realme 7 Pro offers some good set of specs like the OLED display, stereo speakers and the 65W fast charging but it misses out on others like the 90Hz refresh rate.
- The 6.1-inch iPhone 12 comes with 5G connectivity and sports a magnetic backing which Apple loves to call as ‘MagSafe’ for wireless charging.
- Samsung Galaxy F41 has a combination of a large and vibrant display with a powerful battery, a stunning design, and HD support.
- OnePlus 8T brings the best of features on-board with a Fluid AMOLED, 65W Warp Charge, Snapdragon 865 under-the-hood, and the latest OxygenOS 11.