New WhatsApp Feature to Completely Change Chat Looks
The new wallpaper feature allows the user to choose a different wallpaper based on the used theme in the app. It is under development right now.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp could enable the new feature in future builds.
- This new feature is not enabled for beta users yet.
- The same feature was reportedly spotted on iOS as well.
There are a lot of updates and new features coming in for WhatsApp this past year. Now, a new feature was spotted in a previous iOS beta version is also under development for Android users as well. This new feature will allow users to change wallpapers of individual chats.
It will allow users to choose different backgrounds for different chats, based on the theme used in the app. However, it won’t be available to users even when if they are using the beta version. On the other hand, we can expect it to enable the same for beta users in the future.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip First Impressions
According to WABetaInfo, the new wallpaper feature in the WhatsApp v184.108.40.206 beta for Android. Meanwhile depending upon the screenshots and information available, when users will look to choose a default wallpaper in the app, it will ask if they want to download the WhatsApp Wallpaper app.
This is coming as an official WhatsApp app that provides Wallpapers for the social messaging platform. This app is listed on Google Play and was last updated in 2011. Once the new Wallpaper feature goes live, WhatsApp will likely update this app with more options to choose from.
For instance, the iOS version allowed the user to select different wallpapers for different chats. It will make its way to android Beta testers soon.
In earlier reports, the social media app is also working on a Storage Usage redesign as well. It is a new storage bar at the top that offers details about the portion of space consumed by the media files shared over WhatsApp.
In addition, there will be a Suggested clean up option that will list forwarded and large files in a thumbnail view. This option will help users in reviewing and deleting them to free up some space. This is also under-development right now and will roll out soon.
WhatsApp is expected to enable the same for beta users in the future, followed by rollout for everyone.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 35000
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.