Meizu 16th is a change from its predecessor which fell flat on the market with its poor hardware. Priced at Rs. 27,500, Meizu 16th does come with necessary modifications that will keep it afloat in the premium market even though it comes at an affordable price.
Meizu 16th is both a looker and a performer, and it meets expectations on both ends. Even the battery of the phone keeps chugging it for a long time. Plus, it has wonderful biometric recognition systems like Face Unlock and In-Display Fingerprint scanner. However, the display does not stand out and the phone falters in its camera department. If you are willing to make certain sacrifices and also experiment with your handsets, then Meizu 16th is here for your taking.
Meizu 16th will keep your attention on it with its bezel-free, symmetrical design. It has a few
- The phone has a beautiful symmetrical design, with a glass back and front polished to give a ceramic look to it.
- It gives you adequate screen size with a high screen-to-body ratio of 91.18%.
- The phone comes with a blazing-fast Snapdragon 845 processor paired with a more-than-adequate 8GB RAM, making it a beast of a performer.
- The Meizu 16th has a powerful battery which may not be huge but is adequate to keep the phone running for the entire day.
- It comes with fast charging tech which can get the juice up within 100 minutes.
- The Meizu 16th has a modified UI with an in-display fingerprint scanner and a Face Unlock, both of which works fast and efficiently.
- It does not come with a headphone jack.
- The display of the phone has a weak colour accuracy and inconsistent white balance.
- The Meizu 16th does not have the best cameras since extremities of light conditions cause the images to be blown out.
The Meizu 16th tries to get hold of the premium market with some capable hardware going for it. However, it turns out to be a mixed performer, scoring well on some aspects and lagging in others. If you are in for an experimental phone with a wonderful design, then you can go for this handset. However, it does not do anything special, so you should expect no exceptional feature from this handset.
Meizu 16th is a mid-range phone with some premium hardware and beautiful design but does not come with the best cameras in the budget.
Meizu 16th arrives with a 6-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED with an almost 91.18%, as per Meizu. There is no notch, so you do get a lot of screen space to work with. The side bezels are nearly absent, and the bottom and top bezels are slight. The colour reproduction is good, and the brightness is just high enough to keep it partially legible outdoors. While the display is not the best, it is quite good and will prove you an immersive experience. That’s because of the AMOLED screen, which gives you the deep blacks and incredible dynamic range.
Meizu 16th comes with glass on both front and back and a metal body in between to increase its rigidity. The phone is quite symmetrical. According to the company, it does through a “7-layer coating process” which gives it the ceramic look. As expected, it turns out to be a massive fingerprint magnet. It comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, a traditionalist’s favourite Andre new USB Type-C port. It is quite lightweight at 152 grams, but not necessarily sleek at 7.3mm.
The Meizu 16th is the company’s first phone with a Snapdragon 800 series, coming with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with 8GB RAM. The phone is a performance beast. It can run multiple apps without any freezing or slowing down. Gaming is a delight on this phone. It can even run high-end games without facing any lags.
The Meizu 16th comes with Android 8.1 Oreo but customises it into Flyme 7. It’s not as fluid as Android but uses the navigation gestures effectively. The phone offers two forms of biometric authentication: on-screen fingerprint scanner and Face Unlock. The fingerprint scanner works fast and is quite accurate. Plus, the Face Unlock turns out to be speedy too.
The camera of Meizu 16th is not any award-winning kind. It has a dual camera module on its back, with a 12MP Sony IMX380 sensor with an f/1.8 aperture and a 20 MP Sony IMX350 sensor with an f/2.6 aperture. It is quite fast and can generate quality daylight shots. It won’t disappoint you but it will not surprise you either. There is a bit of blurring around the edges and the phone does not produce the best colour accuracy. Bright sunlight can cause the images to have a yellowish tinge.
The phone also comes with a 20MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture. It can click decent shots which you can upload in social media sites.
The Meizu 16th sports an impressive 3,010 mAh battery. Regular use can keep it chugging for most of the day, but by the time it is night, you would be running for the charger. Meizu goes for its mCharge for quick charging and not the famous Quick Charge 3.0. The charger is very efficient and can take the phone from zero to 100% within 90-100 minutes.
The Meizu 16th tries to take up a premium spot in the premium market. It does have a lot of aspects going for it. The phone has a decent design and comes with the premium on-display fingerprint scanner. The Snapdragon 800 series processor holds up against anything thrown at it. However, the phone does not come with anything exceptional. Its camera stats are poor too. There is nothing that sets the phone apart from any other set, thereby making it a capable handset for anyone willing to go for a new, experimental model with a symmetrical design going for it.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.29 inches
- Height5.93 inches
- Weight152 g
- ColorBlack, White
- Width2.88 inches
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.0 inches
- Pixel Density402 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18:09
- Screen to Body Ratio84.30%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 630
- OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo) Flyme UI
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.3, 1.55 micron20 MP, f/2.6, 1/2.6, 1.0 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesSix-LED dual-tone flash, Auto-HDR, panorama
- Autofocusdual pixel PDAF laser AF, AF
- OIS4-axis OIS
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera20 MP, f/2.0
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3010 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 24W mCharge 4
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, SBAS, QZSS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 /b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, August
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, August
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Meizu 16
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
Discover Phones Best For You
- POCO X3Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare