Microsoft Teams To Allow Third-Party Apps During Meetings
Interactive apps yet to be integrated with Microsoft Teams letting users harness engaging video call experience and get immersed into Teams usability with useful features pre/post meetings.
Highlights of the Story
- Third-party apps could be used pre/post meetings as well when using Microsoft Teams.
- Many third-party applications to be integrated into Microsoft Teams including the offering by developers Polly, Open Agora, Miro, and many others.
- Third-party apps will help enhance user engagement while a video call along with bringing in the useful features pre or post meetings.
Microsoft Teams has declared that many third-party apps will be going to be made available on this official communication platform by third-party developers and independent software vendors. Seems like the platform will make its API open for use; the developer would be able to harness provided services to integrate with their plugins, giving the user a more interactive and collaborative way to hold meetings.
Also Read: Apple iPhone SE2: Everything We Know So Far
Microsoft Teams on the roll
The third-party apps are yet to be made available and it seems that the core development enthusiasts have begun with their version ready to be embedded into the application. Development vendors like Polly, Open Agora, Miro, and many others later by this year will be done with their plugins available to install into the Teams.
Microsoft in a blog explained, “For example, a third-party Agenda app could add a tab with an agenda in the pre-meeting window, a button to open agenda items on the meeting control bar, or a summary file or other type of object in the post-meeting chat window.”
Also Read: Sony To Release A New Walkman In India
Currently, the apps with their publication details and functionalities are still not revealed. Soon the list will be revealed by the company or leaked by tipsters. Although, more insights are expected to come from the company itself in the upcoming weeks.
Microsoft has currently come up with some new updates which will add up in August. The company exclaimed that the development comes at the time when users are preferring to work from their places to curb the spread of coronavirus. The new features names ‘Web Client’ will help the professional track issues/bugs, assets, routines, contacts, inventory, and more.
Web Client will let the user customize their views, rules, and edit comments to keep things and processes in order. Recently, Microsoft announces the “Together” mode to improvise the video calling experience. This feature’s objective is to reduce fatigue levels in participants during long video calls.
Feature “Together” is based on Artificial Intelligence that would place the participant in the shared background, for example, maybe an auditorium. This will let the user focus on what others are saying and sharing, thus minimizing the background distraction. This feature is yet to be brought for mobile and tablet devices.
Microsoft teams have a user base of 75 million daily active users, adding 31million just over a month. New features that will get launched in the near future aim to easy out the day-to-day in-office operation as the work-life pattern has changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More exciting updates are yet to come by the end of the year and the legacy is believed to be continued for long.
Also read: Mobile Battery Repair
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…
- Is Google Pixel 4A a good pick in 2021? Should you invest in it right now? Read to know more.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi