Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 will Include over 8.5 Lakh Sellers
Highlights of the Story
- Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 is all set to kick off from October 4, 2021.
- It will see the participation of over 8.5 lakh sellers.
- The sale will be a month long event and run alongside rival Flipkart’s Big Billion Days 2021 sale.
On September 24, 2021, Amazon India announced its most awaited sale event, the Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021. The mega shopping sale event will kick off from October 4, 2021. Flipkart has recently announced its Big Billion Day sale event date as well, to start from October 7, 2021. Both the Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 and the Flipkart Big Billion Days 2021 will be held pretty much side-by-side.
Amazon India has now unveiled that over 8.5 lakh sellers will be taking part in the mega sale event. The Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 sale will be a month long event. From last year itself, the e-commerce giant shifted to the month-long format from a week-long one. On the other hand, the Flipkart Big Billion Days 2021 sale event will be a six-days event.
Manish Tiwary, Vice President of Amazon India has stated that, “This is the first big Diwali for sellers associated with the Local Shops on Amazon programme as the programme itself is hardly 18 months old. That’s the big news in this year’s sale. Also, as we are celebrating the anniversary of our wholesale marketplace Amazon Business, we are running a special sale for businesses registered with the Amazon Business. The sale will run from September 24-29 and customers will get close to 20 per cent cashback when they shop. We have close to 400,000 sellers on Amazon Business and close to 15 crore GST-enabled SKUs.”
Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021: What More?
Amazon India has also stated that MSME buyers can save up to 28 percent more on business purchases made on Amazon Business. From GST invoice and bulk discounts to exclusive deals, cashback and more, a lot is in store for MSME buyers. In addition, savings with GST invoice applies across all the various product categories. These include laptops, vacuum cleaners, office electronics, printers and more from brands like Lenovo, Canon, HP, Godrej, Casio and more during the Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 sale.
Further, Tiwary has also stated that, “The lead-up to the programme for small business will put the latter onto an early start during the sale. More MSMEs are coming from Tier-II towns on Amazon even as close to 50 per cent of our overall more than 8.5 lakh sellers are based in such towns.” In addition, he also says that, “The share might go up to 60-65 per cent by next year Diwali. Moreover, D2C brands on our marketplace are seeing an upsurge since the pandemic started. The number of such brands succeeding is growing by the day now and they will play a very significant role this Diwali.”
Going by a recently conducted Amazon Survey on September 9, 2021, we can derive a couple of things. As per the survey results, 78 percent of 1,965 sellers talked about reaching out to new customers. On the other hand, 71 percent of sellers talked about expecting an increase in overall sales figures. Additionally, the survey also showed that 62 percent of sellers were expecting to see an increase in their product visibility. Meanwhile, 71 percent of the sellers talked about recovery of their business activities after the lockdown period.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…