Indian Scalpers Sell PS5 On Huge Markups As Stocks Remain Low
With the official launching of the much-hyped PS5 in India, comes online scalpers.
Scalpers are shopping bots that automatically try to buy a product for you in case of limited availability. Just head over to popular online marketplaces like OLX and you will find the PS5 at or near Rs. 90,000.
However, one interesting thing to note that the listing says the PS5 is Indian models. Some of them even offer a warranty.
We would like to remind you that this is the same price the PS5 was sold by scalpers for when it launched worldwide. While scalping is not illegal, no one should buy such products at exorbitantly high prices.
Sony hasn’t said anything about when the Playstation will be back in stock. However, various figures indicate that the stock has already been sold.
As if the PS5 wasn’t costly already, scalpers in India are making sure they are able to make a maximum profit before stocks return to normal.
In the United States of America, estimations indicate that more than ten percent of total PS5 are resold using scalpers. They managed to make about $43.2 million in profit.
While scalping is not a big business in India, one should wait for products to restock instead of buying products at prices more than the MRP.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…