Redmi 8A Dual Gets MIUI 12 Update
In a rather surprising move, Xiaomi is updating its existing lineup with MIUI 12. With various Redmi phones getting the treatment, the latest device to join the upgrade train is the Redmi 8A Dual.
Released in February of 2020, the Redmi 8A Dual came with Android 9.0 and MIUI 11 out of the box. In September last year, the company upgraded it to Android 10, retaining the MIUI 11 interface.
Also Read: Redmi K40 Series Chipset Details Tipped
Now, several users have started reporting that they are able the Redmi 8A Dual to MIUI 12, which is the company’s latest version.
Having said that, the update process has just begun and it might take a couple of weeks before it is available on your device. The MIUI 12 update come s with the Build Number V184.108.40.206.QCQINXM. The update has a size of 487MB and has the January 2021 security update.
If your phone is unable to see the update automatically, you can head over to the settings app and check it manually from there.
The MIUI 12 update will bring new features to the phone such as the ability to use floating windows. Also, it includes all the privacy protection tools such as Flare, Interceptor, and Hidden Mask Mode.
Redmi 8A Dual Specs
In case you forgot what the Redmi 8A had to offer, the phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439. The phone comes with a 6.52-inch LCD screen with a resolution of 720 x 1520. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
Coming to photography, the phone has a dual-camera setup with a 13 MP primary sensor backed by a 2 MP secondary sensor. The front camera is a decent 8 MP shooter. All this is backed by a 5,000 mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…